Holding?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
It's my biggest gripe about the NFL. No consistency. Worst of all the major sports except basketball which I pay no attention too although it was my game.

I turn the sound off during the games many times rather than listen to the infomercial announcers.

NFL stands for Neo Fascist League.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
RamBall said:
X said:
It's like they say ... the refs could call holding on every play if they wanted to. It just would be nice if they weren't so freaking selective AGAINST the Rams. Someone (maybe me) needs to check and see if there's a disproportionate amount of holding calls against the lower tier teams in relation to the upper echelon teams.

Moose Johnson said during 1 of the Rams games this season that if your team has a reputation for penalties you will be called more often even if it is an iffy call, whereas if your team has a rep for being good and well coached you will get away with the iffy ones and some blatant ones. Im just paraphrasing but that was the jist of it, I think it was during the Atlanta game.
Sounds kinda freaked up doesn't it? How do you get away from the reputation of being highly penalized if the refs are tacking on more penalties just because of your reputation for penalties?
That, my friends, is a Catch 22. How do you get less penalties when the zebras scrutinize your team more because of a reputation for getting penalized? You could also call it Profiling.