Hoax or Real?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Rocketeer?

I don’t know can this be real? I am puzzled, but sounds pretty badass. If true was he from this planet?

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Hell, that's nothin, bout 30 years ago I belueve, a guy tied a whole bunch balloons to a lawn chair and went so high econoliners were reporting him to the towers as they passed him thousands of feet up...and he lived...batshit crazy, can't make this shit up.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell, that's nothin, bout 30 years ago I belueve, a guy tied a whole bunch balloons to a lawn chair and went so high econoliners were reporting him to the towers as they passed him thousands of feet up...and he lived...batshit crazy, can't make this shit up.
I know of lately they been showing tests of these jetpacks but obviously at low altitudes. This guy or thing was spotted 3000ft above ground. I don’t think we achieved that success yet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I remember that. They made a movie about it I think.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The fact that two pilots reported means it was probably real. Never underestimate the ability of people to build things. Remember, the first successful airplane was built by two guys who made bicycles. My pressure washer has more horsepower than the Wrigjtsfirst airplane.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is it not possible to flush mount cameras on planes that not only help with this, but other flight investigations?

I’d imagine lots of tower coms, runway, approach, type things could be problem solved easier?

Might be silly of me to think this? @SWAdude

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Is it not possible to flush mount cameras on planes that not only help with this, but other flight investigations?

I’d imagine lots of tower coms, runway, approach, type things could be problem solved easier?

Might be silly of me to think this? @SWAdude

If the FAA felt there was a reasonable need to have something like flush mount cameras installed they would be there.

The cost of adding anything on an airplane whether in addition to an existing aircraft or part of its original design is astronomical. To convert just the US fleet would be in the many billions of dollars. And its maintenance would also.

The question would be, at what gain?

Just me talking but can't see where that would change any level of safety we see today. We have enough already installed (Black boxes that are really orange) to give us what we need to determine what happened.

And so even if we had a litany of cameras installed to be able to see what ever it is they would want to keep an eye on it is very doubtful it would pick up something so small that far away from the aircraft going that fast.

Two different crews reporting the same thing means at least four pilots saw what they saw. Anything is possible. A jet pack at 3000 feet seems crazy just in what it would take to get up that high while safely returning. Maybe a parachute was involved. Maybe a drone to look like a rocketman. It seems to me someone would have seen this happen on the ground also. Jet packs I have seen are insanely loud. Airline crews just don't blurt that kind of stuff out on the frequency. And when we do its to warn other planes. Even the stray ballon from Disneyland.

Fun story!!!

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I know of lately they been showing tests of these jetpacks but obviously at low altitudes. This guy or thing was spotted 3000ft above ground. I don’t think we achieved that success yet.
That's just nuts, get me over 30' without the benefit of sheet metal and I'm likely to need diapers

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
MedicalGrouchyEidolonhelvum-small.gif