HIGHLIGHTS: 4 of our new rookie LBs......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SunTzu_vs_Camus said:
Here's some vids to give you a feel for their type of play and what Fisher is looking for.
3 of the 4 LBs ran 4.5 / 40s!!
Speed, aggressiveness is a common denominator!
====================================
Alex Hoffman-Ellis: 6-1, 232lbs
Pro Day - 4.54 40-Yard Dash, 36 Reps On Bench Press, 36.5 Inch Vertical, 9'-11" Broad Jump
253 Career Tackles/35 games / Wash University
NOTES: 3 year starter, 2nd team All-PAC12 in 2011
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4Wn0LfpUc[/youtube]
======================================================================

Sammy Brown: 6-4, 240lbs
Pro Day - 4.64 40-Yard Dash, 20 Reps On Bench Press, 37 Inch Vertical, 10'-3" Broad Jump
NOTES: Saw action in all 12 games for Houston in ’10, making 11 starts at "Will" linebacker, and led Conference USA in tackles for loss after logging 76 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and 7 1/2 sacks with one pass breakup. Led the FBS in tackles for loss and the conference in sacks in ’11 after posting 93-30-13 1/2 with three pass breakups in 14 starts at the WLB position.
Short, fairly athletic, stand-up pass rusher with agile feet, long arms and active hands who racked up eye-popping tackle for loss numbers — totaled 50 stops behind the line, including 21 sacks, in two seasons at UH. Plays small against the run and lacks elite motor and flexibility.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nwnRIDNVB0[/youtube]

Noah Keller: 6-1, 245lbs
Pro Day - 4.56 40-Yard Dash, 28 Reps On Bench Press, 37 Inch Vertical, 10' Broad Jump
438 Career Tackles /Ohio University
NOTES: 3-Time Team Captain, 2-Time All-MAC Selection, Preseason All-American 2010
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBHkfWa879k[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHrayxSCa4&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Aaron Brown: 6-1, 235lbs
Pro Day - 4.55 40-Yard Dash(hurt ham ran 4.7 2nd time), 31 Reps On Bench Press, 34 Inch Vertical, 9'-6" Broad Jump
NOTES: Two-year starter with good production, leading the team in tackles per game in 2011 and finishing with 103 total stops. Fluid athlete for his size is quick-footed. Good awareness and read/react skills to break down the action and attack. Good ball skills, leading the team in interceptions as a senior with three. Takes accurate angles and plays smart. Reliable tackler with good technique. Hard worker on and off the field and loves the game of football.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejl1kyyzYA8[/youtube]

I think 2 of these 4 have a good shot at making the final 53....maybe even 3 of the 4!!!
1) J-Lau
2) Hull - might get bumped by Keller, Brown
3) Dunbar
4) Haggans - might get bumped by Keller, Brown
5) Hoffman-Ellis
6) S Brown or A Brown

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I am a really stoked about Aaron Brown. I don't know maybe because he played for UH lol. My new Pisa (Hawaii Five-Oooooo). I really hope he makes the team, and even start. I watched the other videos, but Brown seems to jump out more to me with his disengaging with blockers to get to the ball carrier. He has sound technique with tackling.

I really love UH players that we pick up, but that's probably the Island Brah in me. Also, I Loooooovvveee Greg Salas. He's my favorite Rammy at the moment. I hope he has a roster spot with the 53 man when the season begins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram_Fan said:
I am a really stoked about Aaron Brown. I don't know maybe because he played for UH lol. My new Pisa (Hawaii Five-Oooooo). I really hope he makes the team, and even start. I watched the other videos, but Brown seems to jump out more to me with his disengaging with blockers to get to the ball carrier. He has sound technique with tackling.

I really love UH players that we pick up, but that's probably the Island Brah in me. Also, I Loooooovvveee Greg Salas. He's my favorite Rammy at the moment. I hope he has a roster spot with the 53 man when the season begins.
I like the cut of your jib. :bg:

And welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining!

buuki

UDFA
Thanks for posting X.. Really liked A Brown. To me he showed alot of patience in staying in his lane, letting plays develop and then the speed in which he engages once he recognizes the flow of the play. I know it is a highlight video but man he was fun to watch and doesnt seem to shy away from hitting someone.. I hope he brings it to the next level.

Really liked Hoffman-Ellis also. Dude laid some hits down. I think these two make the cut if they can translate to the NFL they both come across as Fisher types that hustle.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
X said:

Mahalo!! I am usually a reader, and just found this site couple of months ago. I usually read "Turf Show Times" & "RealRamsFans.com". I found this site when someone tweeted something from here. I was like oooo another Rams site that's not dead!!

I am really excited for this season. I live in Arizona now, and I have to hear all the Lam jokes of our team, but I have stayed a true fan since the 80's when we were in LA. :bg:

I am very optimistic about our team this year. I have a feeling we are going to old school Fisher game plan with the offense, and/or the Falcons game plan. Pound, pound, & pound the running game. The reason I feel that way is to make Bradford comfortable again, and keep him upright. Especially with the new offensive system. I know it's kinda similar to his rookie season when he ran a form of the West Coast Offense, but it only makes sense.

I read somewhere couple months ago when Les Snead talked about when he was still with the Falcons. The year they drafted Matt Ryan they also picked up Micheal Turner. Their Defense wasn't as good back then. They used Turner to pound the ball to keep Matt upright, and help the defense stay off the field. That formula worked, and made Matt Ryan transition into the NFL pretty good, because he didn't have the pressure to perform like a Peyton Manning first year.

I envision that's what the Rams are going to do this year. On paper we have an awesome D-Line, and hopefully a shutdown secondary with Finnegan and Jenkins. A lot of Whiner and Seahags are not giving our guys credit, but when they start pressuring their QB they will. :twisted: I am just so happy Justin King isn't covering anyone anymore. /Insert all the mean words. Hopefully Dahl to is not our starting Safety as well. That was so painful to watch them on the field, but what can you do with our injuries. :cry:

I am not really to worried about our OLB's, because we got eaten alive up the middle these past couple of years. Watching the Alabama game Brockers takes on two blockers a lot of the times, and not move, or he push the O-line blocker back was a really nice thing to see. As long if Brockers just shores up the middle with Langford, and don't let the QB step up. Quinn and Long are going to have a field day. If the Secondary, stays with their man like "White on Rice" then it's going to be a long day for the opposing offense.

As for the offense, I feel really bad for Bradford. He had an inconsistent O-Line, and unreliable receivers. Having those things will make any QB have happy feet, not throw correctly to where he wants to. It didn't help that Sam was injured. I was like a lot of the people when we drafted Brain Quick. "Who?!?!" After reading, and watching videos of him makes me more at ease. Some people referred to him like being Terrell Owens. The height, built, long arms, big hands, jumping ability of a forward in basketball, and speedy for his size. If he's anything like T.O. on the field....OMG!!! Can you imagine?!?! He can be our T.O. or even Andre Johnson (Dreaming). Also, Chris Givens who I hope that turns into our true deep threat. The WR Corps has a lot of question marks on whose starting. I think if Steve Smith is healthy he's going to be a starter.

1. Steve Smith
2. Brian Quick
3. Danny boy (slot)
4. Greg Salas
5. Chris Givens
6. Not sure....rest are all bubble to me. Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis, and DX.

Omg....look at the time. Sorry for the long post, but didn't notice the time haha. I have more to say, but it's time to head home from work!!! :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram_Fan said:
X said:

Mahalo!! I am usually a reader, and just found this site couple of months ago. I usually read "Turf Show Times" & "RealRamsFans.com". I found this site when someone tweeted something from here. I was like oooo another Rams site that's not dead!!

I am really excited for this season. I live in Arizona now, and I have to hear all the Lam jokes of our team, but I have stayed a true fan since the 80's when we were in LA. :bg:

I am very optimistic about our team this year. I have a feeling we are going to old school Fisher game plan with the offense, and/or the Falcons game plan. Pound, pound, & pound the running game. The reason I feel that way is to make Bradford comfortable again, and keep him upright. Especially with the new offensive system. I know it's kinda similar to his rookie season when he ran a form of the West Coast Offense, but it only makes sense.

I read somewhere couple months ago when Les Snead talked about when he was still with the Falcons. The year they drafted Matt Ryan they also picked up Micheal Turner. Their Defense wasn't as good back then. They used Turner to pound the ball to keep Matt upright, and help the defense stay off the field. That formula worked, and made Matt Ryan transition into the NFL pretty good, because he didn't have the pressure to perform like a Peyton Manning first year.

I envision that's what the Rams are going to do this year. On paper we have an awesome D-Line, and hopefully a shutdown secondary with Finnegan and Jenkins. A lot of Whiner and Seahags are not giving our guys credit, but when they start pressuring their QB they will. :twisted: I am just so happy Justin King isn't covering anyone anymore. /Insert all the mean words. Hopefully Dahl to is not our starting Safety as well. That was so painful to watch them on the field, but what can you do with our injuries. :cry:

I am not really to worried about our OLB's, because we got eaten alive up the middle these past couple of years. Watching the Alabama game Brockers takes on two blockers a lot of the times, and not move, or he push the O-line blocker back was a really nice thing to see. As long if Brockers just shores up the middle with Langford, and don't let the QB step up. Quinn and Long are going to have a field day. If the Secondary, stays with their man like "White on Rice" then it's going to be a long day for the opposing offense.

As for the offense, I feel really bad for Bradford. He had an inconsistent O-Line, and unreliable receivers. Having those things will make any QB have happy feet, not throw correctly to where he wants to. It didn't help that Sam was injured. I was like a lot of the people when we drafted Brain Quick. "Who?!?!" After reading, and watching videos of him makes me more at ease. Some people referred to him like being Terrell Owens. The height, built, long arms, big hands, jumping ability of a forward in basketball, and speedy for his size. If he's anything like T.O. on the field....OMG!!! Can you imagine?!?! He can be our T.O. or even Andre Johnson (Dreaming). Also, Chris Givens who I hope that turns into our true deep threat. The WR Corps has a lot of question marks on whose starting. I think if Steve Smith is healthy he's going to be a starter.

1. Steve Smith
2. Brian Quick
3. Danny boy (slot)
4. Greg Salas
5. Chris Givens
6. Not sure....rest are all bubble to me. Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis, and DX.

Omg....look at the time. Sorry for the long post, but didn't notice the time haha. I have more to say, but it's time to head home from work!!! :lmao:
Good post, man. I think you're gonna fit right in here. And never apologize for long posts. I read every word, and it was absolutely my pleasure. You've got a great attitude.

I agree with your receiver depth chart there too. Unless the Rams carry 7 receivers, someone's gonna be on the outside looking in, and any one of those guys can get a gig on another team pretty easily. It's a good sign when that happens too. Gonna be a very interesting camp for sure.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not sure why Hoffman-Ellis fell so far out of favor. I thought he'd surely be drafted by SOMEONE. I think A. Brown and Hoffman make the roster. Watch for Hoffman. He has a mean streak in him.