Higher Ceiling: Everett or Higbee?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I want this TE to retire a Ram

• Gerald Everett

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Tyler Higbee

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

JackStraw

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If neither of these guys can block than sign me up for another go at Lance Kendricks. A TE with 2 receptions for 11 yards could end up playing a wayyyy better game than one with 7 receptions for 80 yards - which makes me believe in order for these guys to coexist at a championship level would require a killer OL

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seriously though, Everett reminds me of Anquan Boldin for some reason. I think it is his aggressiveness after the catch.
The only reason I think he doesn't play more is the blocking part of the game...but none of the TE's block well....which is why I said Hemingway.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Did Everett's injury set him back? Ever since then he seems like an afterthought in this offense. It's kinda like what happened with Higbee last year....

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee has a year on Everett, so it's hard to compare the two. Both are still learning. But it is clear that Everett will enjoy a much better rookie season than Higbee. Of course if you subtract Fisher, their rookie seasons might have been similar - lol.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Did Everett's injury set him back? Ever since then he seems like an afterthought in this offense. It's kinda like what happened with Higbee last year....

I think Higs is a more polished TE and maybe the coaching staff has realized that after a couple of games. That would be my guess. Plus TE's usually take a couple of years to really start to flourish, give the man time. :)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's obviously Everett but I'm hoping both get up to NFL speed, Higbee did an excellent job exposing the Seahawks' weakness with their secondary covering TEs and those two along with Gurley will be crucial in getting an effective offense against them

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You gotta consider fit in the offense here. By that it's not close, and Everett's ceiling is way higher.

Higs has been struggling on bringing the ball in with a defender on him since camp. It's a problem. If his hands improve, which I do think is possible, then that gap between them will close a bit. But either way the answer in this offense is Everett.

JackStraw

Rookie
Why not both?
Considering I really don't know much about Everett outside of when he was drafted and what I've seen him do this regular season. I've never watched film nor do I know his story.

I was kind of hoping better versed fans would come in this thread raving about him. So far his hype is significantly lower than hype I recall Kendricks receiving; not that it means or proves anything..

Ellard80

Legend
at the moment neither one is much more than average...potential? ehhhh I've come to realize potential is overplayed.

JackStraw

Rookie
I'm not sure what your comment is suggesting
You mentioned Higbee is currently better than Everett and I believe it boils down to 100% experience.

Greg Robinson is better than future OL stars, probably because they're Juniors in high school right now.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The poll question was regarding “higher ceiling”. Therefore, it’s gotta Be Everett.

Not even close.

However, there’s a lot to like about our TE corps as it is. Higbee is developing and I see lots of future snaps for him with Everett.

And I believe that McVay likes Hemingway’s future prospects. Carrier is an adequate player for now while Everett (and maybe Hemingway) are getting up to speed.

As I’ve posted in another thread, TE is one of 3 areas that needs to evolve in order for the Rams to transition from a very good to an elite team.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mentioned Higbee is currently better than Everett and I believe it boils down to 100% experience.

Greg Robinson is better than future OL stars, probably because they're Juniors in high school right now.
Oh yep agree 100 percent. Tight end it a hard position to get used to from pro to college apparently. Higbee had a one year headstart

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Since they're both so young they could each have a high ceiling, we don't know until a few years down the line. If they both turn out to be pretty darn good then they can each retire as Rams.