Higher Ceiling: Everett or Higbee?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I want this TE to retire a Ram

• Gerald Everett

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Tyler Higbee

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

JackStraw

Rookie
I think Higbee has all the tools to have a career similar to Heath Miller but I think GE can make history and have seasons comparable to Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis. I hope both are extended past their rookie contracts. I don't want to have to worry about having another Kendricks. They both need to put on about 10-15 pounds IMO.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Unpopular opinion: I'm going with Higgle Diggle.
He gets open, not afraid to take hits over the middle, and he's got decent hands and is getting better.
Goff seems to like going to him, they got chemistry.
He's a little bigger than GE too.

Btw, has Gerald been injured? Haven't seen him in a while. But what I did see early on I really liked and he could become my favorite, I'm not set in stone on this at all.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unpopular opinion: I'm going with Higgle Diggle.
He gets open, not afraid to take hits over the middle, and he's got decent hands and is getting better.
Goff seems to like going to him, they got chemistry.
He's a little bigger than GE too.

Btw, has Gerald been injured? Haven't seen him in a while. But what I did see early on I really liked and he could become my favorite, I'm not set in stone on this at all.
Im with you ... I like GE and what he brings to the table no doubt .. but I look at Higbee and just a see a TE ... he will only get better

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I won't be all in on higbee until he shows he can catch the ball when a defender touches him.

JackStraw

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Main reason I think GE is the future is due to him being traded up for as McVay's first pick despite TE not exactly being a top 5 position of need...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Everett absolutely has the higher ceiling.
But we all know (too well) about high ceiling guys.
Could work out great. Might not.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Everett has been targeted less as of late, but he's shown up blocking downfield. It is said that TE's usually don't make much of an impact in their first year so it's hard to tell at this moment, but if you go by their numbers it's Everett. But both have value to this team.

Everett 7 rec, 154 yards
Higbee 14 rec, 179 yards

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
They are both talented receivers that are learning how to block in the NFL. They both are being coached up and the sky is the limit for both of these guys. Also Carrier is a good complement to them. I think we may be set at TE for the next 8 to 10 years.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Ceiling-wise it's Everett. He could be one of those guys that argues that he should be franchised tagged as a WR instead of as a TE. I don't have a problem with leaving him in that hybrid area. Let Higbee develop into the more well-rounded guy.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The only reason I voted Everett over Higs is that it means Everett actually improved that much and realized his potential.

Sadly he’s seen fewer and fewer snaps each game which indicates to me the coaches don’t trust him yet. Perhaps he’s developing his game slowly like Higbee did. Carrier is the vet of the group. Patience will be key here.

One may point to his raw rookie status...and that’s certainly fair.

JackStraw

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One may point to his raw rookie status...and that’s certainly fair.
Fact considering the best defensive opponent he's faced before this year would likely be thrilled just to be on any team's practice squad.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everett has the ability to be Jordan Reed. Higbee had the ability to be a good tight end. So higbee is better but Everett has much higher potential

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • My Gut tells me, after the Bye Week, we are going to see a lot more use of TE's in our Red Zone attack! JMHO! ( 3 TE Sets!?!)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hemingway
I see your Hemingway and raise you a CARRIER!!!

Seriously though, Everett reminds me of Anquan Boldin for some reason. I think it is his aggressiveness after the catch. I like em all to be honest. Good depth at a lot of key positions this year all of a sudden.....