Higbee or Everett?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Is higbee still gonna be the main man at te or will Everett take over?

If higbee could catch the ball while a defender is touching him he could be very good. Still waiting for him to break out. May be a little early for Everett. Next year he could see the bulk of the looks if higbee doesn't become more sure handed.

TexasRam

Legend
Higbee catching the ball better In year 2 and working hard at blocking but still a liability as a blocker.

Everett unable to come down with TD passes the better TE’s make. Whiffs as a blocker at times.

Not impressed by either. But holding hope Everett will make the jump year 2.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
both guys are going to get there, keep the faith guys, they're both rookies in my mind (I'm not counting last season on O)

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
does it have to be either or ? why not both ..two very different TEs and the more passing options Goff has the better

although i personally think Higs is getting better and will continue to better his chemistry with Goff is a bonus .. and GE will come on leaps and bounds afer a full season and off seaon for next year

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is it one or the other? Mac had Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis both “starting” in DC, why doesn’t that follow suit here?

Ram65

Legend
They could make a bit of a jump in the second half of the season. They both have missed a play here and there. They need to be more consistent making plays. They are not getting a lot of targets yet, need to be ready when called. I would like to see Everett get some seam routes. I would like a couple more targets for both in games. It is hard with Goff spreading tje ball around.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how Higbee takes so much grief for "not catching the ball" when he's catching at the same rate as Everett. And Higbee is the receiver near a lot of throw away passes dropping his percentage. And this notion that he's not a good blocker is just wrong both actually are blocking well. We have two good young TE, enjoy them both guys.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If McVay likes what he sees from Dunbar, TE might be a good place to throw him into the mix.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If anything is disappointing about this O, it's the TEs. I know they are young and raw but I think their success under McVay was an expected benefit. I think we may see them more in the 2nd half of the season. That'll be a big boost to this O that'll take us to the next level.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know McVay likes to have his TE's involved, I just don't know IF we have the Best ones on the Team yet!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Higbee has been open a few times now on deep routes. Goff has just over thrown him. I think they make a pretty good dual threat myself.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like them both - a lot.

I think Higbee has shown nice progress and if that trend continues sky’s the limit.

Everett... I’ve been impressed. Maybe it’s just me, but there are times he really jumps out to me in the passing game. Give him some seasoning, he could be really special. Like, really.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Higbee, his blocking has come around where he's not getting rag dolled in the run game. To be honest, I don't even notice him run blocking and it's awesome. I just see Gurley getting a lane and churning out 4-6 a pop. Goff needs to lead him a touch more on that seam route and Higbee will have a full head of steam with balance. Haven't really seen that yet, but it's coming soon.
Sprinkle in Everett like Tavon when you can create the match up you want that most benefits the team. It's nice to be able to let Everett learn at this rate instead of leaning on him heavily. I agree with @CGI_Ram , he's got a special look to me. I love him off the field so far too, seems sharp as a butcher's knife.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Both TE's are not as advertised yet. Both should get better as this season wears on. When Snead utilizes a 2016 4th rd'er (Higbee), a 2016 6th rd'er(Hemingway) & his first selection in the 2017 draft (Everett)for TE's then we end up trading for a WWC TE (Carrier) from the Skins one would have hoped by now that we would have at least 1 NFL grade TE having a part in our passing offense :palm:....

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think we have a good mix at TE. They all should be better blockers by the end of the year. This may be a good Pete Holohan/ Damone Johnson type two-headed-monster soon.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Sadly Higbee gets open but his hands so far are suspect.
Everett doesn't get enough snaps.
This picture below is kind of all you need to see to realize our tight ends are not producing (at this time.)

Screenshot-2017-11-4 Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports.png

Screenshot-2017-11-4 Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly Higbee gets open but his hands so far are suspect.
Everett doesn't get enough snaps.
This picture below is kind of all you need to see to realize our tight ends are not producing (at this time.)

View attachment 22562

View attachment 22563
And I disagree with the "yahoo expert". A lot of Higbee's suspect hands are throw away passes as well. Everett and Higbee are catching passes at the same rate as Engram, the TE everybody had to have, they just aren't being targeted as much. Then again we also throw the ball less and run the ball more than the Giants. Kind of like Goff last year give the guys a chance before you call them busts and kick them to the curb. We're a whole 7 games into a new offense, it's not going to be perfect yet.