Hey Snead lock up Noteboom tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've always been a non-fan of Boom just because of his lack of physicality but the guy has improved a lot. Thing is it's a big projection to say he's gonna be the LT and face the best rushers in the league week to week. So idk. I'm sort of on the fence here where I think he has to be within a certain range of affordability but will he do that in FA?

Then Whit complicates this shit further. How much time does he have left?

Havenstein being moved to make room for a Boom signing is an option too, where then your RT may be your LT of the future and finding a RT would be easier when Whit is done.

Or do they love one of the guys in their pipeline?

I have zero idea which way this is gonna go. It's quite a puzzle tbh.

Well with Big Whit that whole Louisiana thing sucked for him & had to think about what Football meant to him & his family.
He talked & played golf with The Great One Wayne Gretzky who told him to play as long as he can & enjoys it without regrets(almost a pun).
Now with Big Whit seeing Brady as the GOAT & being the only starting LT at 40 like Intold him at training camp.Your a legend HOF’er.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Les Snead knows Joesph Noteboom is a Ram & not to many Rams have been drafted as early as Joesph since McSnead.

Cam Akers ? Now let’s talk about a vision.There we’re rumors in training camp about Sony Michael from NE.

Talk about the perfect RB. The Rams only had Jake Funk or Henderson at 212 #’s at most.Lossing Malcom Brown as well.HENDO was never going to be a Cowbell RB.

I’ve been to training camps,but Mcvay has always said this is his favorite team.He had doubts 3 weeks ago.Les Snead knows the talent & had it all on the plate for Sean Mcvay to figure it out.
I like The Rams coaching staff,it’s a little different than I thought .This season Yardbro is becoming more vocal.This LBer coaching staff has the OLB not getting as much love as maybe he should.
As much as I say Yardbro has been more intense,the other 2 Offensive guys are more chill work with certain players. I think The Grandson of Wade is in the booth ? Zac Robinson though is sort of my favorite,but then again Kevin O’Connell is awesome on the sidelines & is into it.

So which I think is weird,but the relationship are cool. O’Connell is Stafford’s guy,but is into the playcalling as well.He is solo Offensive Mind,but of course totally into the game. Zac Robinson though is more Cooper Kupp’s (WR’s) guy & less with the QB’s.Last season is was more the QB’s. That’s the way I see it & just translating.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In his first 2 seasons I think he was miss judged a bit.
In his first two seasons he was rag-dolled on a routine basis by DL. So yeah I agree he was misjudged. But where he was misjudged was the Rams thinking he was a good player.

He is a much better player now, much stronger and still loses control of guys at times but not outside the realm of reason for a starter. He does look like a starting level player to me now. But can he play LT and look good vs the best rushers across the league? That's gonna determine what the Rams do, what they think the answer is to that question.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I get a lot of this but still think I need further "translating" for much of it.
The Rams franchise is in good shape.
Sean Mcvay came in & put a John Wooden pyramid chart up at Rams facilities.He is about Mentoring.

Examples

Big Whitworth

Robert Woods

Then you look at all the excellent FA or Veteran players that has come in through The Rams doors.

Suh
Clay Matthews
Peters
Watkins
Cooks
Weedle
Talib
Sullivan
Cj Anderson

Ect…..

The Rams have also had the youngest in the 2010 - 2020. This pattern by Les Snead has continued.As a long time Rams Fan who has been lucky enough to have able to go to training camps even since the Oxnard vs. Dallas days.
I appreciate the process & development of Ram players.

Sad though seeing Bailey & Mason thinking they were going to be franchise players. Stedman was great,Saffold was the veteran.Mason had an issue getting him on the bus which I found odd at the time.

Anyway - yes I’m all over the map in a sense,but Big Whitworth was huge to the development of Roger Saffold along with John Sullivan. It help The Rams make it to a SuperBowl. Who knows what 2021/2022 will bring ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In his first two seasons he was rag-dolled on a routine basis by DL. So yeah I agree he was misjudged. But where he was misjudged was the Rams thinking he was a good player.

He is a much better player now, much stronger and still loses control of guys at times but not outside the realm of reason for a starter. He does look like a starting level player to me now. But can he play LT and look good vs the best rushers across the league? That's gonna determine what the Rams do, what they think the answer is to that question.

Well I saw him in camp.Go back & think how FREAKING LUCKY THE RAMS were.

Here is thoughts from back then.I know how you’ve always wanted The Rams to draft O’Lineman.I was never Naïve about it.

I still give Austin Blythe credit & his due. I believe Creed Humphries is benefitting from having him as a teammate.

I also have to add how impressed I have been these last 2 games having Coleman Shelton at Center.I think Blythe was just a excellent mentor who was an overachiever put in a tough spot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I saw him in camp.Go back & think how FREAKING LUCKY THE RAMS were.

Here is thoughts from back then.I know how you’ve always wanted The Rams to draft O’Lineman.I was never Naïve about it.

I still give Austin Blythe credit & his due. I believe Creed Humphries is benefitting from having him as a teammate.

I also have to add how impressed I have been these last 2 games having Coleman Shelton at Center.I think Blythe was just a excellent mentor who was an overachiever put in a tough spot.

I saw him in games his first and second year and thought to myself this guy sucks. But then I don't think being knocked back into the pocket is acceptable for an NFL OL.

He's gotten better and is going to be a starter. Question is whether that's with us. I honestly am not sure whether they'll prioritize him either, simply because of the combination of Whit and his lack of snaps over time at LT which is extremely demanding and expensive to retain.

It's a tough call man. We'll see what they do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I saw him in games his first and second year and thought to myself this guy sucks. But then I don't think being knocked back into the pocket is acceptable for an NFL OL.

He's gotten better and is going to be a starter. Question is whether that's with us. I honestly am not sure whether they'll prioritize him either, simply because of the combination of Whit and his lack of snaps over time at LT which is extremely demanding and expensive to retain.

It's a tough call man. We'll see what they do.

Well his first year he did not play. Jamon Brown & Robinson both got traded. How Austin Blythe went from swing center & posible G to starting guard & making it to the SuperBowl.

Yeah- you could say Joesph Noteboom sucked. His first year he was brought in to be The Rams next LT.Mcvay just got done saying it’s unbelievable how Big Whit has beat Father Time.

Noteboom has been behind Whit.There is a lot that has gotten him to where he is today.Looking back though he has always hit with a pop.Watching drills you could see his upper body strength & footwork as a tackle.
Playing guard still could be a stretch? I know I’ll bow down to those who evaluated that.Bobby Evans starting at LG in The Rams last playoff game tells me that.

Les Snead basically said he values Noteboom as a Ram. The pocketbooks will be open. My guess is Big Whit could be done ? He still has a Big Voice in the Lockeroom.

We could make a Little Rod wager on Joesph being back. — moving on.

Then again what about The Rams depth. Jamal Demby from the same draft & Allen are still Rams. Kolone got his first experience on The Rams 48 game day roster spot. Les Snead was pretty stoked about how The Rams depth showed up these last few weeks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all value Noteboom now. He has grown into a pretty good player I just don't know if he's LT material. We'll see how it goes.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When Noteboom has played he's been pretty much clean for the much part. Going unnoticed is a good thang