Hey Snead lock up Noteboom tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
It sure looks like Noteboom is ready for a starting job next season.
Witworth slides over to coaching assistant OL. Maybe try upgrading LG if possible.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was very solid! Got beat badly by Jones on one play that I remember but then again how many tackles don't? As long as the price is right you have to think he'll be retained. That also depends on Whit who's said he wants to stay. If somebody comes and dangles starting money which we can't match if Whit stays will Boom sign for less to stay a Ram or take the money? Would like to keep the guy though he's shown some ability to play tackle.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He’s finally playing w/ some nasty ness in the run game, which was a knock on him to date

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Oh so NOW yall want me??" - Joe Noteboom.

;)

I can start to show how much love I’ve had for Joesph Noteboom.

He wasn’t going to come cheaply anyway you wanted to slice it.As stated this week he has enough body of work out there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It sure looks like Noteboom is ready for a starting job next season.
Witworth slides over to coaching assistant OL. Maybe try upgrading LG if possible.

That’s like living in a dream world.Big Whit loves life way to much for being a coach.When has that ever happened in The NFL,especially from a first ballot HOF player ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was very solid! Got beat badly by Jones on one play that I remember but then again how many tackles don't? As long as the price is right you have to think he'll be retained. That also depends on Whit who's said he wants to stay. If somebody comes and dangles starting money which we can't match if Whit stays will Boom sign for less to stay a Ram or take the money? Would like to keep the guy though he's shown some ability to play tackle.

What kind of comp pick would The Rams get for Noteboom. Just to add M.Williams will be a player The Rams can’t afford next season Imo.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need to go back & watch when he took over for Whitworth.
I was a supporter of his since last season. I admit the 1st two seasons I was dubious

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've always been a fan of Noteboom, and I believe he definitely deserves an extension, along with Corbett (who is also quite underrated and reliable).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've always been a non-fan of Boom just because of his lack of physicality but the guy has improved a lot. Thing is it's a big projection to say he's gonna be the LT and face the best rushers in the league week to week. So idk. I'm sort of on the fence here where I think he has to be within a certain range of affordability but will he do that in FA?

Then Whit complicates this shit further. How much time does he have left?

Havenstein being moved to make room for a Boom signing is an option too, where then your RT may be your LT of the future and finding a RT would be easier when Whit is done.

Or do they love one of the guys in their pipeline?

I have zero idea which way this is gonna go. It's quite a puzzle tbh.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always been a Boom at tackle fan as long as he could get and stay healthy. All those injuries the first couple years worried me. I'd like to keep him just not sure what's in the cards for the future.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played a damn good game last night, I thought. Can he do it for 16? I bet he can, but whether it's with the Rams or not is to be determined.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I was a supporter of his since last season. I admit the 1st two seasons I was dubious
Yeah, stunning that a late 3rd round pick didn't step in immediately and play like a stud, especially at G, where he never played in college.

Problem is, that's what you may end up with in another yr, a 3rd round pick playing LT as a rookie.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've never seen the huge issue with Boom. He is very good at pass blocking but has started to come on with his run blocking. I hope we can retain him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I would love to have him around, I just hope Snead is reminding himself about a few of his knee jerk zillion dollar extensions that blew up in his face...I love Snead and McVay, I just want them to pump the brakes a little sometimes...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've never seen the huge issue with Boom. He is very good at pass blocking but has started to come on with his run blocking. I hope we can retain him.
I bet he's penciled in at LT next year but remember the smile on big Whit's face after they closed the deal against Az...The guy might want to give Brady a run for his money, except that LT and QB put slightly different stresses on the body...

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Snead was just talking about getting a lot of trade offers this year for Noteboom that he turned down in today's interview. He's not going anywhere.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In his first 2 seasons I think he was miss judged a bit.Anyways he has always been more of a Tackle than guard & it shows.

Big Whitworth & Havenstien both have helped mentor him as well.I was at a training camp where the O’line stayed after. I was those three working together,with Whit really helping Rob with his footwork against pass rushers.
Joesph Noteboom continues to work hard & get better.He had to relearn how to walk after his knee surgery from the Brian Allen thing.

Brian Allen had complications which seemed weird because Noteboom had the worse knee injury. Something happened that slowed Allen.

The player that needs credit these last 2 wins has to be Coleman Shelton.He came in after 1 play against the Jags & played well.He just got his first NFL start & in both games he is pancaking guys. Cool to see & even Bobby Evans has shown improvement & depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead was just talking about getting a lot of trade offers this year for Noteboom that he turned down in today's interview. He's not going anywhere.
Yep- I thought it was Tuesday’s interview,but agree.

Like I keep saying in 2020 he played well for Big Whit. I’ve gone back & forth with Bonifay’d Ram about the backup guard for David Edwards.

I really don’t know what the truth is except Bobby Evans who after the preseason he wanted cut.Then after the Allen was hurt Edwards was out.
So last season in the Playoffs it was Bobby Evans again who was him again against the Jags last week.

Noteboom was the extra tackle & then last week with Covid it was Joesph playing for Havenstien,but Evans as the extra RT in the 6 man front.

I’m always checking the rotations to see what the changes are depending on practice play,improvement, & coach’s decisions.