Hey Rynie: Cowboys talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Rynie

Watched the second half of the Giants@Cowboys game. Eli Manning is just as dumb as he looks, either that or Tom Coughlin or the OC screwed up big time. Near the end of the game and the Cowboys having no time outs, all the Giants had to do was run the clock down by running the ball. Instead, a pass play is called and instead of taking the sack, Eli throws the ball away.

Then there's that defensive "genius," Steve Spagnuolo, who allows Romo and the Cowboys to march down the field, using a prevent defense, and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That kind of stupid loss in an away game against a division opponent can crush a team. What's your take?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-manning-take-blame-for-really-bad-play-call/

Tom Coughlin, Eli Manning take blame for really bad play call
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 14, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvjnzq4y2m5ytcwnza1yzbmzjlmy2q5yjdmnjlizwjk-e1442225064612.jpeg
AP

Those subtle craftsmen who create the delicate headlines at the New York Daily News might have gotten it just right, calling the Giants end-of-game offensive play-calling “Super Dumb.”

But regardless the words in the big type on the back cover, both coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning were quick to take the blame for the third-down incomplete pass which gave the Cowboys an extra 40 seconds in a game in which there was 0:07 left on the clock when the game-winning touchdown was scored.

Which they should have.

It’s my fault at the end of the game,” Coughlin said, via Ebenezer Samuel of the Daily News. “There is nobody else to blame but me. The decision to throw the ball there on third down was not a good decision. It should have been a run, whether we scored or not.”

A successful run would have made it a two-score game with not enough time left. An unsuccessful run would have led to a Giants field goal, and the Cowboys would have had about half the time. Either would have been preferable to an incomplete pass.

But even if the option was to pass — which can be justified in a weird way I guess, … OK not really — Manning admitted he should have had the presence of mind to take a sack and let the clock roll.

“It’s on me right there,” Manning said. “That’s clock management. Obviously just take the sack, take the 40 seconds off the clock. Give them less time. That’s 100 percent on me . . . Can’t afford to throw it away. Got to sit in there and take the sack.”

The Giants then kicked the field goal before giving it back to the Cowboys with 1:29 left and no timeouts. Normally, that would have been sufficient for the Giants to hang onto a win they deserved.

Or at least one they deserved until they lost their minds late.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
That drive though. Romo has the most 4th qtr comeback wins since 1996, and there are still people who say he isn't clutch. He was given the opportunity to win, and he did. Giants fan were mad leaving the stadium; it warmed my heart.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I'm not sure how Spags has a job at all. Since the miracle that was 18-1, the guy hasn't been associated with success AT ALL. The Rams were horrible under him, and then he went to the Saints and set records for their ineptitude.

That last Cowboys drive was like a hot knife through butter.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
We gifted the Giants 17 points in turnovers (only one interception was on Romo). Our defense held them to 9 points. The giants fucking suck, and this is the 5th time in a row we've beat them. So, they also got lucky. We should have beat them by at least 14 points. On to philly. After seeing their game yesterday, I'm not as worried, but it's definitely not a guaranteed win by any means.

*btw, congrats on beating Seattle.