Hey coach, season IS over!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Multiple reports came out that Fisher will play Goff when the season is over. Rams now have a 12% chance to make the playoffs. Lets say they go on a magical run, leapfrog teams they have lost to like the Giants and Lions and somehow get into the playoffs at 9-7. What good can come out of that? There is no way Keenum will be able to go on the road and win a playoff game. Keenum wont be the starter come next season, heck he probably wont beon the roster next season. So, NEXT season, the Rams will trot out a rookie QB and start anew. Can we please move the process along sooner so there IS some hope for 17'?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You sound like your giving-up on the Team! Until we are eliminated from any chance to be in the playoff, I refuse to give-up-hope! in the 1979/80 Season the Rams went into the Playoff and then went on to play in SB XIV, and kicked the Steelers A$$ for 3+ Quarters!
As a former US Marine I NEVER SERENDER!(y):popcorn::shades::lifting::rockon::cheers:

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a great team that had sustainable success. They under performed every playoff season and Haden could not get them over the hump. Ferragamo's arm was stronger and changed the dynamics a bit, similar to when Hostetler took the Giants to a SB win. This team is no where near how good the 79' team was.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We got a couple things to correct

But I'm thinking , 11-5

High Five everyone !!!

awkward-five-breakfast-club.gif

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Technically true, but anyone that follows football knows the Rams season is indeed over. This is not a 3-5 Carolina team that was in the SB last year thats ready to go on an extended run. This is a team that hasnt gotten over .500 in 12 seasons, 4 with current regime and career backup QB.

The season is not over. 8 games left bruddah.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Technically true, but anyone that follows football knows the Rams season is indeed over. This is not a 3-5 Carolina team that was in the SB last year thats ready to go on an extended run. This is a team that hasnt gotten over .500 in 12 seasons, 4 with current regime and career backup QB.
This. Without a viable QB why would you ever think we have a chance? This is the epitome of a 7-9 season. I bet we win 2 in a row, be at 5-5 and we all sit there thinking we can turn it around.

I used to think they were losing on purpose in STL to get the fan base turned off for the move. Now I know Fisher is DELETED.

Last edited by a moderator:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
while I know exactly what you're saying....

I always have hope...especially at kickoff...no matter the record...never underestimate the character of a athlete.

Aaron Donald is on this team. Quinn... Ogletree... TJ McDonald...Guys I've seen play for at least 5-6 years...Not on great teams...Decent teams...And they have always played hard. No reason they won't continue.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
The guys you listed are good players that I will certainly root for as I do for the entire team. Remember, these guys have been through a lot this offseason. The move, the practice facilities, the travel (another East Coast trip this week)...its just not their season. We all hope that things will get better, but as mentioned earlier, 12 seasons/5th one with Fisher and why my "hope" has turned to "change".

while I know exactly what you're saying....

I always have hope...especially at kickoff...no matter the record...never underestimate the character of a athlete.

Aaron Donald is on this team. Quinn... Ogletree... TJ McDonald...Guys I've seen play for at least 5-6 years...Not on great teams...Decent teams...And they have always played hard. No reason they won't continue.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

Are you saying I don't follow Rams football?

This team has talent, heart, and guts.
This team has horns on their helmet.
This team has 8 games left to come together, realize their potential, and be great.

Its not over to me.

This is what makes sports great. Taking the field like fucking gladiators; overcoming all odds and coming out the other side victorious. It's what life is about.

Don't give up.
Don't EVER give up.

Go Rams.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Love your passion Alaska, but you and I arent playing. We arent devising the game plan,we are not evaluating the talent. We are not saying who plays and who sits...we are just fans. I want to see the Rams rise from the ashes and make a run more than anyone!! The odds say they have a 12% chance and based on our last two week average of 5pts per game with a +/-differential of -6, this team just looks dead. Could they honestly look any worse?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Love your passion Alaska, but you and I arent playing. We arent devising the game plan,we are not evaluating the talent. We are not saying who plays and who sits...we are just fans. I want to see the Rams rise from the ashes and make a run more than anyone!! The odds say they have a 12% chance and based on our last two week average of 5pts per game with a +/-differential of -6, this team just looks dead. Could they honestly look any worse?

Let's see what they do this Sunday in New York.
I'll be watching. And I know you will be too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher is going to wait until Keenum pisses away the season before he plays Goff. Same exact shit he did in Tennessee. Wish we had an owner who had Bud Adams's balls. Adams wouldn't have put up with this shit.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Alaska, I was hoping to actually go to the game as I live 90 miles south, but this season has changed my decision. Too many times I have driven to The Link, The Met, the Vet, The Meadowlands only to have wonderful Philly and NY fans scream in my face "Rams Suck", watch them lose, then drive home pissed off down $300-$500.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Multiple reports came out that Fisher will play Goff when the season is over. Rams now have a 12% chance to make the playoffs. Lets say they go on a magical run, leapfrog teams they have lost to like the Giants and Lions and somehow get into the playoffs at 9-7. What good can come out of that? There is no way Keenum will be able to go on the road and win a playoff game. Keenum wont be the starter come next season, heck he probably wont beon the roster next season. So, NEXT season, the Rams will trot out a rookie QB and start anew. Can we please move the process along sooner so there IS some hope for 17'?

So the Rams are going to draft another QB?
Cause Geoff will not be a rookie next year. :sneaky:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Our defense was great on Sunday ... it's the other side of the ball that is of major concern.

fisher smiley.JPG

I'm in for the long haul !!

GO RAMS !!

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Fishers reasoning "we will play Keenum until we are out of playoff contention."

After losing 4 straight and close to being out of the playoff hunt: "Now that playoffs are out of reach, there is no sense in risking injury on playing the rookie so Case will remain QB even though it's uncertain that he will be a ram next year." That's what I feel is going to happen moving forward.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
In coach's defense, when asked if the season was over, Fisher said, "it wasn't over" AFTER he spent several minutes on a calculator.