Here's the new uniform

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even with the move back to Los Angeles , the Rams still couldn't crack the top ten in merchandise sales

And the NFL’s top 10 team merchandise sales:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Chicago Bears
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. New York Giants

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even with the move back to Los Angeles , the Rams still couldn't crack the top ten in merchandise sales

And the NFL’s top 10 team merchandise sales:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Chicago Bears
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. New York Giants
Patience grasshopper.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Patience grasshopper.
patience_grasshopper.jpg

bnw

Pro Bowler
Hate to break it to you but the NFL is 32 separate businesses owned by 32 greedy men/families that banded together to make even more money.

From what I've written you didn't think I already knew that? Respect the crib.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Patience grasshopper.

If.....and I mean if the Chargers move to LA (still not convinced) they might outsell the Rams in merchandise. I'd suspect the same for the Raiders too in Las Vegas or not. Gurley and Goff didn't do anything last season to justify a bump in merchandise sales. The last I read about season tix holders not getting the right to move to better seats won't help sales either. I wish more emphasis was placed upon getting an excellent front office than tweaking aesthetics like uniforms or building a palace to play in or robbing another home game to play on another continent so fans in LA didn't have to watch that game live at 6:30 am. Winning renders all those things superficial at best.

Last edited:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Not a "snarky comment" at all - just putting things into perspective - there's so much fuss about the colours used (Gold vs Yellow / OMG Gold pants / thickness of horns on helmets etc) that it's almost laughable - I wouldn't care if they wore pink and purple with aqua highlights as long as on the field performance is improved.

BUT. I was actually being serious and was talking about the science of colour in sport.

According to the National Geographic & the scientific journal Nature Colour in sport has been a major influencer in winning. British anthropologists Russell Hill and Robert Barton of the University of Durham reached a conclusion by studying the outcomes of one-on-one boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman-wresting, and freestyle-wrestling matches at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. That Red was in fact more of winning colour than blue. In each event Olympic staff randomly assigned red or blue clothing or body protection to competitors. When otherwise equally matched with their opponent in fitness and skill, athletes wearing red were more likely to win the bout. Hill and Barton found similar results in a review of the colors worn at the Euro 2004 international soccer tournament.

It's also known that orange makes a person seem visually larger than they actually are, which is why you'll see many soccer goal keepers wearing it.

I was merely asking a question, as someone may know more about the subject than myself.

ALSO. I do believe that the only way you breed champions is by winning. Now that may sound bizarre, but I think that the Rams have been a losing side for so long that losing is in their nature. I would employ a sports psychologist to work with the team to exorcise the demons of the past - make them forget about the GSOT era - because lets be honest that's ancient history now in football terms. Now if a change of location, change of strip, change of coaches is what it takes, then I'm all for it.

So, @Rabid Ram, it wasn't meant to be a "snarky comment" and I apologise if you thought it was.

Now that is a quality response. Totally my bad man sorry read your comment all wrong. Love it when I get proven wrong in such a fashion lol

bnw

Pro Bowler
Not a "snarky comment" at all - just putting things into perspective - there's so much fuss about the colours used (Gold vs Yellow / OMG Gold pants / thickness of horns on helmets etc) that it's almost laughable - I wouldn't care if they wore pink and purple with aqua highlights as long as on the field performance is improved.

BUT. I was actually being serious and was talking about the science of colour in sport.

According to the National Geographic & the scientific journal Nature Colour in sport has been a major influencer in winning. British anthropologists Russell Hill and Robert Barton of the University of Durham reached a conclusion by studying the outcomes of one-on-one boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman-wresting, and freestyle-wrestling matches at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. That Red was in fact more of winning colour than blue. In each event Olympic staff randomly assigned red or blue clothing or body protection to competitors. When otherwise equally matched with their opponent in fitness and skill, athletes wearing red were more likely to win the bout. Hill and Barton found similar results in a review of the colors worn at the Euro 2004 international soccer tournament.

It's also known that orange makes a person seem visually larger than they actually are, which is why you'll see many soccer goal keepers wearing it.

So what is your opinion on why 11 of the last 12 super bowl winners (something like that) have won wearing the white jersey?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Now that the Rams have gone retro , it's just a matter of time before the cheerleaders unveil their new uniforms as well

9ab93f1904a5edbacd44ca5f04eebf04.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
kinda sorta

horns still look skinny

C59B0FYWMAQoeAa.jpg:large

Rams-2017-Uniformx600.jpg

This blows IMO. The all white is boring. Not enough blue. And that little bit of yellow doesn't fit. Maybe yellow facemask would tie it in.

I am looking forward to the real uniforms in 2019. The better be more up to date and dynamic than this. The only good part is the helmet.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So what is your opinion on why 11 of the last 12 super bowl winners (something like that) have won wearing the white jersey?
This is why I was asking my original comment, it's fascinating to think that the colour of the jersey MAY actually have a difference...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Rams_Uniforms2.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Kevin Demoff‏@kdemoff 4h4 hours ago

Thank you to Rams booster club members for passionate uniform letters which have been read & will go to Nike as well

C60bQWEU0AAVurV.jpg:large