Here's the new uniform

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
But they won the SB in blue and yellow, then greed prompted a change to the navy and gold.

This change is about greed too. Whether its about jerseys or season tix $tanK's greed will not be denied.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
While I'm nervous combining the new helmet with old jersey colours, because it looked horrible on color rush...

This version looks much better.

And... I applaud the Rams for doing something.

The gold has become tired. With the horns, our uniforms are potentially the best in the league... so, I am excited for the potential where this could go.

Also; (I agree with @thirteen28, back in 2000, the blue/yellow was feeling dated.)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The blue in the helmet is lighter in these photos. I like that.

I generally prefer dark blue, but the helmets worn on color rush almost looked black & white when paired with the regular uniform.

Here's hoping the helmet blue looks closer to the rendition the Rams published here;

C59B0FYWMAQoeAa.jpg:large

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@IowaRam or? Can someone Mockup the Helmet and Jersey with thicker stripes and Yellow instead of gold. The yellow needs to be in the pants to. Maybe splitting the blue.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The blue in the helmet is lighter in these photos. I like that.

I generally prefer dark blue, but the helmets worn on color rush almost looked black & white when paired with the regular uniform.

Here's hoping the helmet blue looks closer to the rendition the Rams published here;

C59B0FYWMAQoeAa.jpg:large
Just for fun I through in some yellow. I couldn't find a stylus so I used my finger. But you get the idea even though it is sloppy.
C59B0FYWMAQoeAa_LI.jpg

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It looks like crap.I never liked the blue and white uniforms that much to begin with.

Companies always have to change things just for the sake of changing things. This reminds me of the Dolphins logo redo that I was ragging on last night with a friend

bnw

Pro Bowler
It looks like crap.I never liked the blue and white uniforms that much to begin with.

Companies always have to change things just for the sake of changing things. This reminds me of the Dolphins logo redo that I was ragging on last night with a friend

Yeah its just about greed.

Jayson

UDFA
Name
Jayson
What are they gonna do when they go to Dallas and Jacksonville and have to wear the blue uniforms? Because if that's the case, it's gonna look horrific with the gold.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Is snarky comments like this going to score more TDs?

Not a "snarky comment" at all - just putting things into perspective - there's so much fuss about the colours used (Gold vs Yellow / OMG Gold pants / thickness of horns on helmets etc) that it's almost laughable - I wouldn't care if they wore pink and purple with aqua highlights as long as on the field performance is improved.

BUT. I was actually being serious and was talking about the science of colour in sport.

According to the National Geographic & the scientific journal Nature Colour in sport has been a major influencer in winning. British anthropologists Russell Hill and Robert Barton of the University of Durham reached a conclusion by studying the outcomes of one-on-one boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman-wresting, and freestyle-wrestling matches at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. That Red was in fact more of winning colour than blue. In each event Olympic staff randomly assigned red or blue clothing or body protection to competitors. When otherwise equally matched with their opponent in fitness and skill, athletes wearing red were more likely to win the bout. Hill and Barton found similar results in a review of the colors worn at the Euro 2004 international soccer tournament.

It's also known that orange makes a person seem visually larger than they actually are, which is why you'll see many soccer goal keepers wearing it.

I was merely asking a question, as someone may know more about the subject than myself.

ALSO. I do believe that the only way you breed champions is by winning. Now that may sound bizarre, but I think that the Rams have been a losing side for so long that losing is in their nature. I would employ a sports psychologist to work with the team to exorcise the demons of the past - make them forget about the GSOT era - because lets be honest that's ancient history now in football terms. Now if a change of location, change of strip, change of coaches is what it takes, then I'm all for it.

So, @Rabid Ram, it wasn't meant to be a "snarky comment" and I apologise if you thought it was.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about summtin like this

They said the new uniforms will come in two phases , with phase one now complete

So what about phase two 2019 , removing all the gold from the jersey it's self ?

photo courtesy of Crazylegs

orig.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

It's all about marketing, it's all about selling jerseys. I've worked with a sports marketing company in the past, that have done international sports uniforms, and one of the main things organisations are concerned with is "will it work with a pair of jeans"! Sad but true.

Yeah its just about greed.
It's about trying to get your brand out there, the more people wear it, the better, the fuller the stadiums, the better the players respond. And you get draftees saying "Hell yeah, I want to play for the Rams" not like some have said "I hope I don't get drafted by the Rams"

bnw

Pro Bowler
It's all about marketing, it's all about selling jerseys. I've worked with a sports marketing company in the past, that have done international sports uniforms, and one of the main things organisations are concerned with is "will it work with a pair of jeans"! Sad but true.

It's about trying to get your brand out there, the more people wear it, the better, the fuller the stadiums, the better the players respond. And you get draftees saying "Hell yeah, I want to play for the Rams" not like some have said "I hope I don't get drafted by the Rams"

It is about money. Getting someone to buy another of what they already own. If they give the stuff away then it isn't about the money. Sorry but that has been my experience. Sucks to be so jaded at two years old.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It is about money. Getting someone to buy another of what they already own. If they give the stuff away then it isn't about the money. Sorry but that has been my experience. Sucks to be so jaded at two years old.

The Rams are a primarily a business, of course it's about money. If the business isn't making money, it's not a viable business. But you need your brand out there. You may have the best product in the word, but if it's not seen, nobody will care. Selling jerseys, makes money, but it's also about brand building.

I'm happy with my vintage Warner shirt that my wife recently bought me ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a "snarky comment" at all - just putting things into perspective - there's so much fuss about the colours used (Gold vs Yellow / OMG Gold pants / thickness of horns on helmets etc) that it's almost laughable - I wouldn't care if they wore pink and purple with aqua highlights as long as on the field performance is improved.

BUT. I was actually being serious and was talking about the science of colour in sport.

According to the National Geographic & the scientific journal Nature Colour in sport has been a major influencer in winning. British anthropologists Russell Hill and Robert Barton of the University of Durham reached a conclusion by studying the outcomes of one-on-one boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman-wresting, and freestyle-wrestling matches at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. That Red was in fact more of winning colour than blue. In each event Olympic staff randomly assigned red or blue clothing or body protection to competitors. When otherwise equally matched with their opponent in fitness and skill, athletes wearing red were more likely to win the bout. Hill and Barton found similar results in a review of the colors worn at the Euro 2004 international soccer tournament.

It's also known that orange makes a person seem visually larger than they actually are, which is why you'll see many soccer goal keepers wearing it.

I was merely asking a question, as someone may know more about the subject than myself.

ALSO. I do believe that the only way you breed champions is by winning. Now that may sound bizarre, but I think that the Rams have been a losing side for so long that losing is in their nature. I would employ a sports psychologist to work with the team to exorcise the demons of the past - make them forget about the GSOT era - because lets be honest that's ancient history now in football terms. Now if a change of location, change of strip, change of coaches is what it takes, then I'm all for it.

So, @Rabid Ram, it wasn't meant to be a "snarky comment" and I apologise if you thought it was.
Thing is and I agree I don't think it's a snarky comment but we see way too many comments like this, the people doing this aren't the people coaching and putting the product on the field. This is a completely different side of the organization and the fact that Rams employees are doing this detracts exactly nothing from the people like Snead, McVay and his coaching staff along with the scouting staff. People look at this as wasted time and effort but what else are the marketing people going to do right now? They're still putting out the video's and interviews. There's really nothing wrong with this other than the fact that I hate this color scheme.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hate to break it to you but the NFL is 32 separate businesses owned by 32 greedy men/families that banded together to make even more money.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thing is and I agree I don't think it's a snarky comment but we see way too many comments like this, the people doing this aren't the people coaching and putting the product on the field. This is a completely different side of the organization and the fact that Rams employees are doing this detracts exactly nothing from the people like Snead, McVay and his coaching staff along with the scouting staff. People look at this as wasted time and effort but what else are the marketing people going to do right now? They're still putting out the video's and interviews. There's really nothing wrong with this other than the fact that I hate this color scheme.

Its all about brand building, and playing the "NFL game" the teams are businesses primarily these days. I really don't mind these ones, a bit too "Indy" and "Cowboy" for my liking. I fell in love with the blue and yellow jerseys, I think that's why I love the colour rush stuff so much and when I buy my next jersey it will be a colour rush one. BUT, I want a player to MAKE me buy his jersey. The last one I had was a Dickerson one!

MAKE ME BUY ONE!

ArticlexImagexGurley-Portrait-1.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I'm a designer that does this kinda thing on a daily basis, I know how it rolls, it makes me money ;) Which when it comes to football I'm more concerned with the "W" column ;)

Xavier23

UDFA
How about summtin like this

They said the new uniforms will come in two phases , with phase one now complete

So what about phase two 2019 , removing all the gold from the jersey it's self ?

photo courtesy of Crazylegs

orig.jpg
I wouldn't mind that at all. Or with horns on the shoulders