Here's the infamous Pead interview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams running back Isaiah Pead: ‘I just add to the components that we have’

[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/rams-rb-isaiah-pead-i-just-add[/101]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thanks Max. Didn't hear the comment though.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:

Starts around 1:40. Doesn't sound like it's anything to be concerned about. He's not saying he doesn't want to be here. He's basically saying yes, he takes pre-season serious, not only is it a chance to get some practice, but also show other teams you're a good player so you can get picked up if "GOD FORBID" you leave St. Louis. It was an odd comment and a little dramatic, but nothing to be concerned about.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Moving on, no big deal to me. He got asked the same type of question about 10 times.

jjab360

Legend
I love that he made that reply. To me, it means he's taking his job seriously and realizes that nothing's going to be handed to him just because he's a second rounder. At the same time, he recognizes that it's not very likely, but he still knows that if he doesn't perform like he should, the Rams aren't going to out of their way to make room for him on the roster when there are more deserving players. What's wrong with that?

Maybe I'm just jacked up from watching Hard Knocks last night, but if someone takes that to mean he doesn't want to be here, then I think they're just being ridiculous.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Doesn't sound like much to me, I'm not worried. Pead will do fine, a couple of big runs and he'll be confident as ever. Sounds more like people are trying to make stories out of nothing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, it doesn't sound like much to me either.

Softli.... :neh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:

That's why I always want to know the context. Seems as if Softli, as he sometimes does, has a hard-on for Pead.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Username said:
DR RAM said:

Starts around 1:40. Doesn't sound like it's anything to be concerned about. He's not saying he doesn't want to be here. He's basically saying yes, he takes pre-season serious, not only is it a chance to get some practice, but also show other teams you're a good player so you can get picked up if "GOD FORBID" you leave St. Louis. It was an odd comment and a little dramatic, but nothing to be concerned about.
WTF, that was a nothing comment by Pead. I've really enjoyed listening to Softli but him making a big deal of this is beyond weird.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:
X said:

That's why I always want to know the context. Seems as if Softli, as he sometimes does, has a hard-on for Pead.

I think he's just kind of a lightning rod right now because of the offseason story, and the suspension. Just seems like a young kid that's maybe a little confused, and shy. Not a big deal. Regardless he seems likes he's a good kid, and teammate. As long as he keeps working hard, as the season goes on I imagine some of this will go away when he get's more confidence.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, doesn't sound like much to me. He just has a weird way of explaining things and it sounded like he just wants to give his best effort and perform well so if the Rams ever cut him, other teams would be interested in him. I think Peads head is straight but the preseason games will tell us alot.

Speeps

Starter
...I fail to see the controversey. In fact, he gave a typical answer. But we as fans view him as a "shoe-in" to make the team. His remark actually speaks volumes about the RB competition. To me it sounds like Fisher and Co, really have every guy feel like this is a competition and anyone of them may not be there.

Pead said nothing controversial. Nothing alarming at all. Move on folks :)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Speeps said:
...I fail to see the controversey. In fact, he gave a typical answer. But we as fans view him as a "shoe-in" to make the team. His remark actually speaks volumes about the RB competition. To me it sounds like Fisher and Co, really have every guy feel like this is a competition and anyone of them may not be there.

Pead said nothing controversial. Nothing alarming at all. Move on folks :)
Right, there was nothing to it. The issue is that many of us listened to the Softli interview BEFORE we actually heard Pead's comments. And Softli presented Pead's comments very differently, raising some alarm bells that would lead the listener to believe that Pead had already given-up on his Ram career and felt he'd need a new start somewhere else. Luckily, the OP found the subject comments and we all learned that it was nothing, just as you pointed out.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He wants 30+ touches a game.

I want our RBs to feel just like that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is the reason for drama in Rams Nation? LOL this is really lame. Thee are posters on some boards ready to kick him to the curb over this.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
This is the reason for drama in Rams Nation? LOL this is really lame. Thee are posters on some boards ready to kick him to the curb over this.

There are a lot of Chicken Littles out there.

My view is that Pead doesn't have a smooth way with words and a guy like Softli is the ultimate BS artist and name dropper. So that's just a water and oil mix.

But Pead does come off as being a bit immature, hopefully he toughens up a bit mentally and doesn't crack under the pressure. Just get it done on the field and let it grow from there.

RustyRay

Rookie
Its really bad form and journalism for Softli to try and play up this nothing comment...He really made a huge deal out of it in his radio interview..

When the reality of it is....that its no big deal.

Softli is a jerk for trying to pull this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RustyRay said:
Its really bad form and journalism for Softli to try and play up this nothing comment...He really made a huge deal out of it in his radio interview..

When the reality of it is....that its no big deal.

Softli is a jerk for trying to pull this.

BTW Rusty it's good to see you posting here.....I know ya from the Herd.

I agree this was amateur hour stuff from Softli.

Our Shane wouldn't do this kinda stuff. :sly:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Ha. I didn't even think that he was necessarily talking about himself getting seen, but maybe other teammates of his that might lose their job and need to find a home elsewhere.