1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Here's one reason why Quinn Ojinnaka was released by the Rams

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Prime Time

Prime Time RODerator

Credit:
    $2,788,199.98
    Now a wrestler, Quinn Ojinnaka says NFL was just a job
    Posted by Darin Gantt on June 26, 2014

[​IMG]AP

Not many people leave the NFL for their dream job, but Quinn Ojinnaka has.

The former journeyman offensive lineman is trying to break in the ranks as a professional wrestler, and he admitted that his last few years in football weren’t quite fulfilling.

“I had no passion to play,” Ojinnaka told Alex Marvez of FOX Sports. “It wasn’t fun anymore. The last two years I was just collecting a check.”

Ojinnaka spent four years with the Falcons, then bounced from the Patriots to the Colts to the Rams. He turned down a chance to sign with the Bills in 2012, and now is devoting all his energies toward becoming a wrestler with the lower-level Ring of Honor company.

He’s also finding out that half the challenge is being able to talk a good game. “I’ve trained so long physically in the ring, but my big moment on Pay-Per-View was just talking,” Ojinnaka said. “Honestly, it was the hardest thing ever.”

Harder, apparently, than showing up for a job most would dream of.
  2. Thread Status: You only have permission to view the first post in this thread.