Here we go again....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
First I'd like to wish the best for those seriously impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Now the forecast is for the storm to reside on or near the TX coast for 6 days. 4 or 5 feet of rain in areas then out into the Gulf for perhaps another run as a hurricane. The flooding expected with a 12 ft storm surge and 12-14 ft waves on top of that means flooding well inland......and then the feet of rain on top of that. Winds will remain at least tropical force for 6 days. It looks by the models that it will be very very ugly.

Now, selfishly, for those of us in the TN Valley over to the Piedmont in NC, down into northern AL and GA into perhaps SC.......it is time to get fuel while you can. We've been through this before whenever a number of refineries are impacted......we are the afterthought when it comes to fuel supply. If you need a specific fuel then get it now. It seems like 89 octane is all that can be had around here with these supply disruptions and the last time it was only 2 stations within 15 miles that had anything and that was at a 5 gallon maximum and at $5.50 a gallon. This went on for a week. Situation for diesel might be better. I hope so.

Again best of luck to those dealing with Hurricane Harvey.

If it makes you feel better, my area just got a day of rain and we ran out of gas in a few places here too. This is in Texas. If there was anybody we weren't going to forget about it would be us.

bnw

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it makes you feel better, my area just got a day of rain and we ran out of gas in a few places here too. This is in Texas. If there was anybody we weren't going to forget about it would be us.
Sorry to learn that and no it doesn't make me feel better. In your situation it makes sense.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Update 8/28/17 8:12 PM

Good news: The rain is lightening (at least for now). Tornado threat greatly reduced to almost none.

Bad news: total death toll up to 9. Four high school students were stuck in a car that caused it.

Whole city is literally shut down.

One more potential major round tomorrow and then Wednesday the storm will likely be leaving.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just brutal....

22zhcr9ompiz.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So I'm actually taking-in a Hurricane Refugee tonight at my house. @Ramrasta 's best friend from college.

He graduated in the summer and took a job out in Houston. His family lives there. Anyway, he flew in here to Orlando last Friday for a party weekend with his FL peeps and this hurricane happened.

As of yesterday, his family was fine. Today... his family had to leave their home in a police BOAT.

He's not sure how long it's gonna be before he can fly back. His ticket to fly home Thursday is likely to be canceled from what they are saying.

bnw

Pro Bowler
So I'm actually taking-in a Hurricane Refugee tonight at my house. @Ramrasta 's best friend from college.

He graduated in the summer and took a job out in Houston. His family lives there. Anyway, he flew in here to Orlando last Friday for a party weekend with his FL peeps and this hurricane happened.

As of yesterday, his family was fine. Today... his family had to leave their home in a police BOAT.

He's not sure how long it's gonna be before he can fly back. His ticket to fly home Thursday is likely to be canceled from what they are saying.
Very cool of you. Shelters and FEMA trailers suck. At least for now he won't have to Tom Petty.

View: https://youtu.be/fFnOfpIJL0M

Angry Ram

Update 8/28/17, 10:11 PM

The rain has FINALLY gone away. In fact, I even saw sunlight today!

Obviously that doesn't mean the water is magically gone. But it's going, slowly but surely. There was an evacuation way south of the city b/c a levee was breached, but other than that nothing major.

Clean up time now. Obviously there are plenty of organizations taking donations. Don't just change your profile picture or update your status on Facebook. Just donate what you can.

Angry Ram

Update 8/30/17:

Bright and sunny day today. The Texans coming back into town after the game got cancelled is a great sign. Huge moral lift. It means some roads are beginning to open and areas are getting accessible. BTW, JJ Watt was a god here before, and now that he's raised over $6 mil (and counting), that dude will own this city.

Other news, the airport is slowly starting to usher in domestic flights. I went to the grocery store today, and it's still half empty. Obviously a long ways to go, but I bet based on the people here the recovery is gonna be faster than expected.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Last night after work I had to run out to the grocery store and resupply my 2 refrigerators with food. Thanks to my unexpected Hurricane Refugee and my oldest son eating like normal 20-something year olds. That means they eat like wild hyenas. It's no problem at all... but I would have been prepared normally for a long visit like this.

So the cashier scans all of my groceries and tells me the bill is like $250. I was fine with that until she asked me... "Would you like to make a donation for the hurricane?".

That's when I told her that those groceries are my hurricane donation. She looked at me weird until I explained my predicament. :ROFLMAO:

Angry Ram

Update: 8/31/17, 10:23 PM.

This will be my last update. Things are pretty much gonna stay the same for the foreseeable future, clean up is gonna continue, donations and help keep coming in, etc etc. JJ Watt has raised over $12 mil. Michael Brockers has also started a fund (and I feel sorry for him, but he's gotten about $11000). Here's his link: https://www.youcaring.com/michaelbrockersandramshelpinghouston-918018

But I'm now equally excited about the Texans game for opening day as I am the Rams. The atmosphere is gonna be unreal, as all indications are the game is still on as scheduled.

"Would you like to make a donation for the hurricane?".

I can't stand those guilt trips. You can't lie that you already did, and if you say no you'll look like the biggest dick ever.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Only gas available in town at largest chain is premium. If Irma hits the US hard....... fuel around here is going to be expensive if available at all, perhaps for weeks. Diesel still available.