Here we go again....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jeff Thomas (via Twitter) @nwagoner I know the Rams are one of the possible teams for Hardknocks 2016. Do you think Fisher will fight their selection?

Nick Wagoner: The Rams have been one of the teams eligible to appear on "Hard Knocks" for each of the past few years and they still haven't done it. That's largely because Rams coach Jeff Fisher doesn't really want to. So to answer your question, I don't think that he'd fight for their selection based on his general preference to not have such distractions. However, if ever the Rams are going to be on the show, this would seem to be the year it would make the most sense. The NFL is clearly very proud and pleased to have a team, especially the Rams, back in Los Angeles. The Rams are an interesting team from a personality standpoint and doing "Hard Knocks" upon moving back into such a major market would be a good way to generate some buzz in the City of Angels. No decision has been made yet on this front but I've heard whispers about the possibility. Of course, the Rams have much bigger fish to fry at the moment with the actual move, draft and free agency forthcoming. But we'll see where it goes in the next few months after things settle down a bit.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I think based on the move alone, the NFL is going to pressure the Rams into it. If we draft a franchise QB, it's probably etched in stone right after the selection.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Yes vote from me. Some of my best work happens when shit is coming at me from every direction.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That would be too much on our plate. I've always wanted to have that inside look, but not this year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With all that's going on one would think that it would be the worse of the worse bad ideals to heap on this on the move team.

If they approached me I would say .....Look would it not be a better ideal to put on hold so that when the NEW state of the art stadium complex is completed we can use that event along with the "Hard Knocks".

Would that not really add to the viewers & ratings;)?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good or Bad, I'd subscribe to HBO just to see it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling the Ryan brothers working together might be too much entertainment for the NFL to pass up. Then next year they'd like the Rams after they settle in to a regular routine in LA but we'll have made the playoffs this year and be ineligible next year :D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
if ever the Rams are going to be on the show, this would seem to be the year it would make the most sense. The NFL is clearly very proud and pleased to have a team, especially the Rams, back in Los Angeles.
I "TOTALLY" disagree with this statement!! With everything the Team and individual players have to go through to make the move to L.A. this would be too much of a distraction!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it would be great. I don't think its more on the Rams plate, they wont be the ones doing to filming/producing
If anything, it will be more on HBO plate.
NFL gets chance to show off LA, cant see them passing it up

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have a feeling the Ryan brothers working together might be too much entertainment for the NFL to pass up. Then next year they'd like the Rams after they settle in to a regular routine in LA but we'll have made the playoffs this year and be ineligible next year :D

I posted this previously...Great Minds think alike or Old School Guys think alike!;)

rdw

Pro Bowler
That would be too much on our plate. I've always wanted to have that inside look, but not this year.
Agree 1000%. The players already have enough to deal with this season. Let's let them get settled in before we even think about putting them on reality tv.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams will be the preferred team by the league. Question is whether Fish can fight it off yet again. I don't think so, personally. I believe the Rams will be the team, no way around it, because they're the perfect team in terms of time and place to do it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...acing-for-involuntary-hard-knocks-assignment/

Saints bracing for involuntary Hard Knocks assignment
Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2016,

Three days at the Scouting Combine resulted in plenty of intriguing information landing in the PFT bucket, and the biggest goal for the next two days will be to share as much of it as possible. To the extent I can remember it.

Here’s one thing I remember. Per a league source, the Saints are bracing for the possibility of the league tapping them on the shoulder and directing them to be the subject of the annual Hard Knocks series.

The Saints are one of seven teams that can be forced to do it, under criteria the league developed several years ago. Only teams that: (1) have a new coach; (2) have been to the postseason in either of the last two years; or (3) have served as the Hard Knocks subject within the last 10 years can say no. This year, the teams that can’t decline are the Saints, Bills, Bears, Jaguars, Raiders, Chargers, and Rams.

Here’s one thing that won’t be happening if Hard Knocks descends on Saints training camp (which could be returning for the third straight year to West Virginia): Saints players won’t be fighting with players from other teams during joint practices, for the benefit of the cameras.

As the Saints and Patriots prepared to share a practice field at the Greenbrier last summer, Payton told his players, “If you decide to fight, pack your bags.” Payton later bemoaned that fact that NFL Network excessively hyped a brouhaha between the Cowboys and the Rams.

Here’s another thing that may not be happening if the Saints get the assignment: Payton may resist allowing camera into the room when players are being cut. And that, frankly, could be enough to get the NFL to draft a team that would be more willing to allow what often are the most compelling moments of the series to be captured.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I personally think the Rams won't be forced to do it, with all that's on their plate already.
Next year is a different story.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
A good number of the players don't want it as they feel it's intrusive and distracting. Good enough reason for me to vote no.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@-X-
200.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hate the idea of the Rams dealing with this nonsense. Hate the show and think it is a complete waste of time, don't know who has nothing better to do than watch something like this.

The NFL should just put an end to this and let the teams do their business. The CBA already has things so jacked up they don't have enough time to develop players. Let's get back to football and stop all the crap that degrades the product.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Don't be shocked, the NFL might be nice and say "Lets give them a year..."

Or they may say "You're doing it, because we want to generate additional fan interest in LA."

If I had to place money, I think they're more likely to go with the latter.