Here are a few factors that I think will add up for the Rams victory

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Some reasons why the Rams 'should' win...even though it is 55/45 to me:

Here are a few factors that I think will add up for the Rams victory:
*6 days rest for the Falcons is very bad after the 3 game run they had---a lot of emotions into every game drains you--that is why Fisher's teams fell hard after intradivisional games. 16+ starters on the Rams got a 'bye' week.

*The Falcons O line is not so physical, nor so athletic; though it may be pretty good O line.... their lack of physicalness plays in to Brockers, Donalds and Robert Quinn's hand big time.

*The 'old' (pre-2017) Julio could force the Rams in to double coverage every single play because no one on our team has a chance against him, BUT, he doesn't look so All Pro to be the last 4-5 games. He looks very good, but not like I saw him in previous years. If he was a top 1-3 WR now, like he was, I would say we are in a lot of trouble. The Panther DBs aren't so great...and they held Atlanta in check.

*The Falcons defense is pretty good, but is their pass rush so awesome? I don't know. Garrret is very good and so is Beasly....but really, only the Vikings, (Seatttle a bit) and Eagles did anything to our O line so as to cause Goff to stumble. Why? Because the Vikings and Eagles had playmakers all along their D line, where Atlanta has only 2.

So, I think our Offense will control the ball through running, and 'control' passing.

*Did I say the Falcons will come in weary? They had a very tough last 3 games....emotions take out the 'strength' as much as the physical. The defense needs emotions...and the Falcons should start draining down by the mid 2nd quarter to late 3rd. The Rams had 4 O lineman take off last week, so they should have some "pop" in the run game; the run game gives us balance.

With all that being said, if the Falcons win, the Rams have NO excuses. Even the 6 day rest thing helps us.....

One of the great advantages the Falcons have is D Freeman is quite a little baller. The Rams need to contain him, put the Falcons in 3rd and long, and we should be ok. I do believe our corners will look very bad on Saturday.....But, Tru Jo Slo had a bye week, so maybe he comes on strong!

Wha cu think?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Biggest thing tbh is that the Rams down the stretch have been very good vs the run. When they want to stop the run they can stop it, and have stopped it, against very good rushing teams.

Reason that's important is the Falcons' passing game has been inconsistent as hell this year. And it magnifies the interior OL matchup that favors Aaron Donald, which is the second thing I like about this game. Matty has a very nice sacked percentage (4.33% for 5th in the league) and yet still has been inconsistent and I suspect much of that is gameplanning. Gameplanning matchup favors Wade IMO. And if the Rams get good pressure on Matty, which is likely (7.96% for 4th in the league) given Donald vs a dinged up Levitre (who will probably be questionable for this game), there should be some opportunity for flipping the field with 3 and outs and INTs.

Last but not least I like the disparity of passer rating against in these two defenses. Atlanta has allowed a 91.9 average (21st in the league), and are facing a QB who, while being inexperienced, has a strong run game and play action behind him and a low propensity for mistakes. Meanwhile the Rams defense has allowed a 78.4 average (5th in the league). If it wasn't for the fact that we lost Web and that Barron is dinged up, I'd be very confident on this alone. But as it stands I still think between the two QBs Matty has the tougher day ahead.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Biggest thing tbh is:.
That whole post was great, and informative, thanks.

I do think we played a lot of bad QBs---meaning it helped our rating (Colts, AZ and Texans). Verus good QBs (brees) we did great; but Brees had no WRs that scare us....Julio is the only reason we lose. If we contain him enough, we win.

Like you said, we have shut down almost every team's running game--or at least controlled (Dallas for xampe), other than 3- long runs. The Falcons run game isn't scary, but their balance is what makes them a top 10 offense.

Oddly, they are ranked much better on D, and a lil better on offense than us. We could have made it to #6 or 7 on totaly yardage on offense if we played our starters on Sunday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Three Main reasons the Rams will Win, Simply are:
* Our Offense!
* Our Defense!
* Our Special Teams!
We Got this! Bet on it Heavy!! and Take the OVER!

hwy-50-sign.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Julio is the only reason we lose. If we contain him enough, we win.

What's funny is that in the playoffs the top WR is often neutralized. So passing game potency seems to become more of a question of how many favorable matchups you can trot out there. Atlanta is obviously a quality offense in that regard, with Sanu being a very favorable look for them so he does concern me, as does Hooper given that Barron might be hobbled.

But flip it around and look at the depth matchups for the Rams passing game. Atlanta's got their work cut out for them IMO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
*The 'old' (pre-2017) Julio could force the Rams in to double coverage every single play because no one on our team has a chance against him, BUT, he doesn't look so All Pro to be the last 4-5 games. He looks very good, but not like I saw him in previous years. If he was a top 1-3 WR now, like he was, I would say we are in a lot of trouble.
I think this is a matchup to watch....Tru vs Julio.....If it was the jackrabbit...I'd feel safe...Julio is still one of the top 10 players in the game....he can take over a game.

It's easy to take away one player....but I wouldn't focus on Julio...Sanu is dangerous....So is that #14....better version of Tavon....
It's Coleman and Freeman for me....stop their running game...make them one dimensional....force Matty Ice to throw....while rushing only 4 or 5.....easy? No....but definitely possible.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't think the 6 day rest thing is that big of an issue. It's not like the Thursday night games. But there is something about playing multiple elimination games prior to heading into the playoffs that could be mentally draining.. Of course you still need to go win the game but any edge we might have, needs to be taken and exploited right?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the 6 day rest thing is that big of an issue. It's not like the Thursday night games. But there is something about playing multiple elimination games prior to heading into the playoffs that could be mentally draining.. Of course you still need to go win the game but any edge we might have, needs to be taken and exploited right?

Hopefully by Sunday the Falcons will be busy spinning how unfair the short rest was for them, and how it was the reason the Rams wiped the field with their @$$es.

But speaking of elimination games and all prior to the playoffs, I think it can toughen teams up too, mentally speaking. This is also why I loved the Rams' schedule in the second half, and the way they responded by splitting the toughest matchups 2-2 among the four primary playoff rivals. IMO it was critical to give Goff, Gurley, and our very young team some pre-playoff seasoning, where they now know they can play with all these clowns.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Our D-line will feast on banged up Atlanta O-line. LG Levitre placed on IR :effemine:

Ram65

Legend
The numbers aren't totally in favor of the Rams. Rams let up yards but, do get turnovers and sacks. Can't underestimate the rest that key players got last week. At the same time the Falcons are banged up, have to travel and play a day early.
The Rams should have much fresher legs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...onType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Something about this team that keeps them surprising many long time Rams fans. They make plays on both sides of the ball. Wade Phillips is a nice ace in the hole to game plan Matt Ryan and the Falcons. McVay has been using Gurley both in the passing game and running game. I think Goff is going to get time to throw. Defensive end Adrian Clayborn has 9½ sacks, linebacker Vic Beasley 5. Clayborne left last week's game with a sore calf. When Goff has time to throw good things happen. It opens up play action and Gurley on the ground.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
.Julio is still one of the top 10 players in the game....he can take over a game.
I had Jones on my FF team this year... with the exception of one game, he was very pedestrian. Will that continue? Who knows... and he can explode at any time (I think that one game where he showed up, he got me like 45 points).

Sanu is dangerous
The drop off in Jones' production has made Sanu more dangerous... I agree.

It's Coleman and Freeman for me....stop their running game
I absolutely agree with this... if ATL can't run, and with the injuries on their Oline, Ryan will have a very though day and the Rams should dominate.

Rams need to stuff the run early and often.