Herd Heirarchy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He said they were targeting them, not that they drafted Bowers. I had to take a second look to make sure I heard it right.
Getting ready for training camp this year ? This group & last years should be good to see what it’s going to look like.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams mentioned as one of the top three organizations in the NFL! Enjoy this crazy wonderful ride.
And it all started with ownership. It’s so obvious that having good ownership should be paramount to the league as a whole. Yet we always see the Snyder and Teppers buying teams.

Turducken

Starter
" the rams are one of the least discussed of the successful teams"

aint that the truth..

go rams

slo
It's fanbase dependent. That's going to change over time as younger generations experience this sustained success and turn into our ride-or-die fans.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
McIntyre killed me in that segment yesterday.

The guy who wiffed big-time on LAR last year saying they don't belong and why aren't the Jets in the HH ahead of the Bills?

Can't take that guy seriously on nearly anything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He said they were targeting them, not that they drafted Bowers. I had to take a second look to make sure I heard it right.
He said "They went and literally got the two players they targeted." Then he talks about Verse and Bowers. I suppose he could have meant something different but it sure sounds like he's saying they got Verse and Bowers with their first two picks. Just seems like he misspoke when he meant to say Verse and Fiske were who they were targeting but maybe the idea that the Rams also targeted Bowers could have been in his brain while he was talking.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
He said "They went and literally got the two players they targeted." Then he talks about Verse and Bowers. I suppose he could have meant something different but it sure sounds like he's saying they got Verse and Bowers with their first two picks. Just seems like he misspoke when he meant to say Verse and Fiske were who they were targeting but maybe the idea that the Rams also targeted Bowers could have been in his brain while he was talking.
He definitely was rambling when he spoke and this causing confusion.
I believe what he meant is that the Rams identified two guys in round 1 that they had their eyes on to get with their pick. They wanted one of them - Bowers or Verse. They accomplished it when got their guy - Verse. The Rams also got their top two guys in round 1 & 2 (Verse and Fiske).
He basically co-mingled his two thoughts. Poorly worded/explained by him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm thinking they couldn't swing a trade to move up for Bowers because a couple teams didn't want to lose out on getting a quarterback. Minnesota and Denver definitely had their minds made up to pick a quarterback. Minnesota even moved up a couple spots to ensure they get one.

Watching an interview with Marshall Faulk he brought up an interesting scenario regarding Aaron Donald. Aaron said something about not wanting to go through another training camp. Faulk questioned whether or not the team secretly told him he could retire, avoid camp and they could have a spot for him if he wanted to rejoin the team at some point.

Its just a thought. But hey, if training camp was the main reason he retired you gotta wonder if he's open to joining them for a run at another ring. Imagine the defense going into the playoffs with Donald, Fiske and Turner in the middle surrounded by Verse and Young.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm thinking they couldn't swing a trade to move up for Bowers because a couple teams didn't want to lose out on getting a quarterback. Minnesota and Denver definitely had their minds made up to pick a quarterback. Minnesota even moved up a couple spots to ensure they get one.

Watching an interview with Marshall Faulk he brought up an interesting scenario regarding Aaron Donald. Aaron said something about not wanting to go through another training camp. Faulk questioned whether or not the team secretly told him he could retire, avoid camp and they could have a spot for him if he wanted to rejoin the team at some point.

Its just a thought. But hey, if training camp was the main reason he retired you gotta wonder if he's open to joining them for a run at another ring. Imagine the defense going into the playoffs with Donald, Fiske and Turner in the middle surrounded by Verse and Young.
& after all the QB's were gone, Raiduhs just went BPA & got Bowers, but I suspect they were targeting a QB.
That's a dream scenario... mebbe this happens, so far AD hasn't flamed his former team, yet... but if he starts making negative comments on the socials, you can dismiss this idea.
p.s. reminded of TGII's comments about Fisher's offense... JF was gone shortly afterwards. Players do have some pull with comments, but it's nice when a player leaves a team on good terms (c.f. M.Stafford)

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

I've had the same thought over the last few days. I'm not getting my hopes up but...his retirement paperwork hasn't been filed with the league last I heard.

It feels like a pass rush of Donald, Turner, Fiske, Young, and Verse would be the best pass rush we've seen in well over a decade.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've had the same thought over the last few days. I'm not getting my hopes up but...his retirement paperwork hasn't been filed with the league last I heard.

It feels like a pass rush of Donald, Turner, Fiske, Young, and Verse would be the best pass rush we've seen in well over a decade.
That would be the scariest front D line in a long time.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
All a Part of Donald's Grand Plan.

Retire so the Rams have to invest more resources on defense and surround him higher end talent. Then suddenly after camp change his mind and rejoin the team to help them win another two rings.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Retire so the Rams have to invest more resources on defense and surround him higher end talent. Then suddenly after camp change his mind and rejoin the team to help them win another two rings.

I like that plan. :thumbsup1:

Tano

Legend

I have been saying the same thing in some of my posts.

But I also stated that I could be dreaming so there is that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been saying the same thing in some of my posts.

But I also stated that I could be dreaming so there is that.
If AD were to try to pull a Weddle, then he’d have to make his mind up earlier. In the last few years it has taken AD 2-3 games to really turn it up and find his groove.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

From your mouth to Aaron's ears ...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I enjoy good press and call me petty but I cringe when he calls Matthew Stafford "Matt" every single time.
When did he stop being called Matt? I dont think I've ever referred to him as Matthew

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've really liked Cowherd since the Rams got McVay.

His ideas can be a little out there, but before the season last year he said we could make the playoffs, had us just missing - but everyone else in the media thought we were tanking.

And he will actually admit that he's wrong with his where Colin was right, where Colin was wrong segment.

Its ballsy to have us that high but objectively, some team is going to be one of the better ones in the league that wasn't necessarily last year - just a matter of who. I don't think very many had Baltimore being the best regular season team last year, but they were by a mile when you consider what they did to the other contenders.