Henderson Status

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm starting Henderson over Freeman lol
Henderson had a low YPC after his first run. I think Freemen made more of his opportunities 5.5 YPC. compared to 2.4 YPC for Henderson.

Maybe someone had to go to the PS but I’d tend to think that the other three have been doing real football practices and Henderson only started due to his knowledge of the offense, which in his case has essentially changed, since the Rams are using a different blocking scheme.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Henderson had a low YPC after his first run. I think Freemen made more of his opportunities 5.5 YPC. compared to 2.4 YPC for Henderson.

Maybe someone had to go to the PS but I’d tend to think that the other three have been doing real football practices and Henderson only started due to his knowledge of the offense, which in his case has essentially changed, since the Rams are using a different blocking scheme.
Yes, but does that mean McVay will give Freeman more touches in the next game? Henderson's YPC is also affected by playcalling and execution, maybe Freeman had better holes the run through for a few plays. Henderson has the higher ceiling imo so they may give him more looks again. Either way, if Freeman's the guy, I'll start him the following week. I've been going back and forth between the two so it wasn't an easy decision for me.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Freeman was the better back. He actually forced missed tackles and can wear down a defense better. I'd start him over Hendo, but still give Hendo touches.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think his biggest weakness is he wilts in the face of good fronts. He looks great when lanes are there but he gets beat down quickly on the mental side. Defenses are too fucking smart at this level for a guy like him to succeed. It is what it is and it's why he wasn't good enough.

But I do appreciate the way he played last game. Dude came in and left it on the field. Question though is why was that necessary re: Evans. Very disappointing, though I will stop short of criticizing what was clearly a great draft even if we whiffed on Evans.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whoever is best at helping with pass protection should be the guy with the most snaps. Our line is gonna struggle this game. A little help from the running backs might make a difference.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've always liked Henderson, the only problem I've had with him is he doesn't consistently run with power. He's got excellent speed, good acceleration, but at 6-8" he's undersized for a starting RB. He gives good effort but he's being tackled by guys a whole lot bigger. This offense doesn't need a "scat back" type of RB.

Kyren Williams lacks breakaway speed, isn't much bigger than Henderson. I know why they kept him but he really is a #2 type RB. He isn't as fast or explosive as Henderson but he is shifty and hits the right holes with good vision.

Freeman is a bigger version of Henderson with break away speed, good acceleration and isn't a power RB but can and does break arm tackles and tends to fall forward. At 5'11" and 238 lbs hes more like the #1 RB they need.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Whoever is best at helping with pass protection should be the guy with the most snaps. Our line is gonna struggle this game. A little help from the running backs might make a difference.

Yes agreed!
.mcvay and co could help this young O-line by using more surprise, deception and gamesmanship than anything we've shown on offense since 2019...

I would love to see something different and unexpected from this Offense... if it doesn't work out and we lose? no big deal. We lose plenty of games we probably should win anyways. Losing because we're trying to find new ways to gain an edge is way more palatable than losing while sticking with what hasn't been working....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes, but does that mean McVay will give Freeman more touches in the next game? Henderson's YPC is also affected by playcalling and execution, maybe Freeman had better holes the run through for a few plays. Henderson has the higher ceiling imo so they may give him more looks again. Either way, if Freeman's the guy, I'll start him the following week. I've been going back and forth between the two so it wasn't an easy decision for me.
None of us know for sure of course. But Henderson is the one on the practice squad.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking that Henderson stays on PS for this game. Freeman I believe is on the 53 as he was up for more than 3 games. Gaskin is on the 53 for this and next game for sure and of course there is Zach Evans.
Hendo can play 2 more games as a PS floater, they may want to hang on to that

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking that Henderson stays on PS for this game. Freeman I believe is on the 53 as he was up for more than 3 games. Gaskin is on the 53 for this and next game for sure and of course there is Zach Evans.
I want to agree here. But the fact that they added Henderson from the street and started him over Evans most likely means that Evans has not picked up his pass pro shit. Which in turn means that has not changed.

So whether they elevate Hendy comes down to Gaskin and whether they have liked his pass pro willingness and decision making in practice. Because I agree Freeman looked solid all around, he ran with some power and determination and boldly stuck his head in there in the pass game.

Personally I think we're better off with Hendy on the PS. He's like a mirage that distracts the Rams in the rotation. Last game we immediately saw that effect with his return in fact, where he teased some production then disappeared as per usual. Not all of that was him, but bottom line is we would have been better off with Freeman taking the carries. Hope you're right here, basically, but I don't trust these guys on the depth chart and don't think the Rams do either.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I really appreciate what Henderson did for us in the Superbowl and for that reason I don't like to criticize him too much. But I think the offense is better without him. Too many wasted plays handing the ball to him. We know what he is, it's time to see what Evans and company can bring to the table.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
They elevated hendo today probably will start and split most the carries with freeman again if I had to guess.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well just like I said last week if Henderson leads the carries this game will be ugly. What he should get is about 5 carries and 5 passes to include screens. That is about right for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They elevated hendo today probably will start and split most the carries with freeman again if I had to guess.
Which is why I post on an anonymous internet chat room and haven’t given up my day job. Lol