Henderson Status

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Is this just an administrative move for the week? Need to know if I should hold Henderson for fantasy or pick up Freeman.

by RotoWire Staff
(October 23, 2023 7:20 PM ET) Henderson reverted to the Rams' practice squad Monday, per the NFL's transaction log.
In less than one week, Henderson returned to the Rams via a practice-squad contract last Tuesday, was elevated to the active roster Saturday and started at running back for the team Sunday against the Steelers. He then paced L.A. running backs in snaps (39 of 68) and touches (19) en route to 66 yards from scrimmage and a rushing TD in Week 7. Henderson appears to be the biggest beneficiary of both Kyren Williams (ankle) and Ronnie Rivers (knee) landing on injured reserve last week, but Royce Freeman (12 carries for 66 yards on 29 snaps) also figures to be involved, and coach Sean McVay told Greg Beacham of the Associated Press on Monday that "we'll see how Myles [Gaskin] and Zach [Evans] fit into that equation" this coming Sunday at Dallas.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just working the practice squad rules to their benefit

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Glad this isn't a Hendo hate thread, he is almost as polarizing as Morris & Kendrick

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Glad this isn't a Hendo hate thread, he is almost as polarizing as Morris & Kendrick
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Aside from his rookie yips in 2019 I don't get how anybody doesn't like his game and effort.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Aside from his rookie yips in 2019 I don't get how anybody doesn't like his game and effort.
I have to admit that at times Henderson's effort looks like it's been lacking.
He's missing some big holes and has been slow to hit some holes.

But I thought he looked great against the Steelers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He then paced L.A. running backs in snaps (39 of 68) and touches (19) en route to 66 yards from scrimmage and a rushing TD in Week 7.
I wonder how sore he was on Monday? I bet he could hardly walk.

Even if working out regularly… No way he was in game shape.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He served his purpose.
He came out of the gate quick, with a 16 yard burst. However, he followed that effort with 17 carries for a mere 45 yards (2.64 YPC)
I expect to see Gaskin get his shot this weekend

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the attempt to portray Henderson as a victim is fucking stupid. Dude got criticized and rightly so for what he does. But nobody here hates him, not even me, and I'm probably the one who ranted about him more than anyone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah the attempt to portray Henderson as a victim is fucking stupid. Dude got criticized and rightly so for what he does. But nobody here hates him, not even me, and I'm probably the one who ranted about him more than anyone.

Jake last week predicted his stats well.I doubted them & thought Freeman would have taken the Bulk of the Carrie’s.

18 Henderson
12 Freeman

Henderson scoring a TD paid good & the thing that really stands out with Henderson coming back off the streets is ?

Well first of us he kept himself in excellent shape like Mcvay said & knows the offense .

—It’s how good The Rams Offensive Line is blocking since Dotson has been starting at RG.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He served his purpose.
He came out of the gate quick, with a 16 yard burst. However, he followed that effort with 17 carries for a mere 45 yards (2.64 YPC)
I expect to see Gaskin get his shot this weekend
Yeah, Henderson didn't impress me last week. I thought Freeman ran much better. Henderson's value was knowing the offense and pass pro.