Hekker's fake punt.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That, in my opinion, was the game-changing play. We had nothing against the Saints. We were at our own thirty yard line, stagnating on offense.

And what does Johnny Hekker do? He does what he does best and throws it to Shields for a much-needed first down.

Add in his actual punts, which were helpful in flipping field position, and I think that he deserves a game ball, along with Legatron.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
It definitely did shift momentum , gutsy call, they irony being the Saints pulled one off last week to change momentum

Flint

Pro Bowler
Hekker’s got an arm and it looks like he works on it cuz he had to get it there quick. That wasn’t no lollipop.

London_Ram

Rookie
Great throw by Hekker but all credit to Sam Shields too - watching it back caught the ball 3 yards short of 1st down marker and all his weight going the wrong way. Did fantastic to get the 1st down still.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Dude is one cool cat. He came up big time as well saving the bad snap on the FG.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
That's our backup QB!

Seriously though he probably has more passing attempts than Mannion this season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It was a bad non call by the officials as Punters aren't supposed to throw.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Thank you Jeff Fisher for giving us Hekker and GZ :bow::bow::bow:

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
From 4-12 to the Super Bowl in 2 years. None of us thought this possible 2 years ago. I certainly didn't.
Time to take over the dynasty talk and take the Cheats to the wood shed in two weeks.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You can't win in the NFL without a strong kicking game. Oh, it also helps if you have a punter that is a good passer.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Agreed. Turned the tide. I was a bit surprised that the Saints weren't looking for it because they have seen it before but maybe it was so well executed that it happened too quickly.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Agreed. Turned the tide. I was a bit surprised that the Saints weren't looking for it because they have seen it before but maybe it was so well executed that it happened too quickly.

Or they were thinking: “Naw, they wouldn,t try that again.” :p

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It scared me. Before the snap I said to my wife, "oh no I think it's a fake again. No no don't do it McVay."

There is something different going on when they take it. I can't figure it out but I have correctly predicted Hekkers fakes in both Saints games. I don't know if it's the way Hekker stands or what.

Q729

Legend
From 4-12 to the Super Bowl in 2 years. None of us thought this possible 2 years ago. I certainly didn't.
Time to take over the dynasty talk and take the Cheats to the wood shed in two weeks.
Meh. Rams did it in one year once before! ;)

Q729

Legend
It scared me. Before the snap I said to my wife, "oh no I think it's a fake again. No no don't do it McVay."

There is something different going on when they take it. I can't figure it out but I have correctly predicted Hekkers fakes in both Saints games. I don't know if it's the way Hekker stands or what.
Crap, Belicheat is gonna find the tell.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think you are sensing it is 4th down and we need to convert. Ha ha.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Crap, Belicheat is gonna find the tell.
No joke, him & Ernie will be scrutinizing every snap of every game we've ever played, looking for any tells or advantages they can.
Hoping we're doing the same over the next 2 weeks. I can say this, McVay will be working day & night the next 2 weeks to prepare our team the best he can. Really hoping no one gets in his head as he studies upl.

Dea

BATTERYRAM
Name
BATTERYRAM
This was the shot of lightning we needed to gain back the momentum that won us the game! Second quarter, no first downs yet, lethargic total yards, 4th and 5, and within our end of the field and the Rams totally nailed it. Hekker has always had bouts of brilliance in his career and the fact that he is a rather despised figure in the NFL after he pushed Avril made the completion even more sweet. Btw, for anyone that hasn't seen the push it is hilarious:

View: https://youtu.be/t_NMUCuxr68