Hekker / trade block / Renegotiated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

View: https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1430590220131438599

Dont shoot the messenger! But if this happens it has salary cap move written all over it. I think he’s four years removed from his last pro bowl as well.

We all love the guy but is this possible for trader Les?

Well, I am a huge Hekker fan but I am guessing the Rams would trade him if they can find a partner. Don’t think the Rams would get back much in the trade but would probably be happy just to get the Salary Cap space!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Cutting him only saves about $450k, so a trade would make a lot more sense financially.

Still hoping he stays.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd miss him, but time marches on. The new kicker has been learning the finer points of punt placement from Johnny and this coaching might get him traded. Off to Dallas?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sounds like Hekker may have been asked to take a paycut.
As stated earlier this offseason, I believe he's the highest paid punter in the NFL.

Of course, the Rams might want to consider letting someone else hold for kicks to see what they've got there.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Dallas is in a worse cap situation then we are. Jacksonville or the Jets may be a more ideal situation considering they may need him due to offensive woes.

Based on his salary, we won't get anything back more than a 7th.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
bummer, i like him he brings his QB talents to the table which is very hard to replace. But he hasn't been as good the last couple of seasons so maybe it's time.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would prefer we keep him if we aren’t recouping something. The difference in production is negligible and I’m not sure Bojo can throw the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last year was arguably the worst of Hekker's career, but he was still a dominant Punter in the years before that. My take is and was that he wasn't trying to boot the ball like he could because our coverage was so terrible that it might get returned for six. That all said, that Bojorquez kid has one incredible leg.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dallas is in a worse cap situation then we are. Jacksonville or the Jets may be a more ideal situation considering they may need him due to offensive woes.

Based on his salary, we won't get anything back more than a 7th.
Yep. Dallas makes all kinds of sense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas cut Hunter Niswander, who was pretty good last year ("statistically" better than Hekker) so there definitely is a potential spot there.
Doesnt do all that much for cap savings as he already cost them 1.2 mill in cap space for 2021, and would cost them another 1.1 in Cap space in 2022, despite "saving" his salary of 3.75 mill
CAn he really garner more than a 7th round pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That all said, that Bojorquez kid has one incredible leg.
Yeah he's a younger and very athletic dude. Had a feeling this might happen it's part business with Hekk's contract, but part youth and estimating who has more good years ahead too. Difference of like 6 or 7 years (in their age) it's significant when the production through camp has been close.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this though... Hekk's been one of my favorite Rams for a long time. Dude looks just like my youngest bro so I'm biased there too lol. Gonna miss him if he goes.