Hekker: Jared Goff has 'grown a ton' this offseason/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't even need to read responses at this point of the offseason. The same people are making the same negative and or pessimistic comments. The same people are positive. This of us that are positive realize that yes we have to see it on the field that's obvious. But this time last year the comments weren't positive from anybody. That's a good thing no matter how big a Debbie downer you are.

nanotech

Rookie
Don't even need to read responses at this point of the offseason. The same people are making the same negative and or pessimistic comments. The same people are positive. This of us that are positive realize that yes we have to see it on the field that's obvious. But this time last year the comments weren't positive from anybody. That's a good thing no matter how big a Debbie downer you are.
ddowner.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I love you Johnny, but could give a Shyte what you say about this.
I was gonna say something similar....I really respect the hell outta Hekker...I'd like to hear the defenders on this....but...I'm not a negative nick...nancy...whatever....but lets see it...and no, it can be in preseason for me...especially game 3....if the starters are moving...I'm happy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was gonna say something similar....I really respect the hell outta Hekker...I'd like to hear the defenders on this....but...I'm not a negative nick...nancy...whatever....but lets see it...and no, it can be in preseason for me...especially game 3....if the starters are moving...I'm happy.
It would sure make me Bet a Lot!!(y) Not that I won't anyway. It's my thing! :D { Just like on the NBA Championship series Champ!)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@jrry32 is right. This is a time for celebration! At least we aren't hearing bad news about Goff from the people who play on his team, right? So why get down on this? We have as much of a chance at a Lombardi as anyone else, especially with the defense and special teams we have. It all counts on the offense, and if Hekker says that Goff has grown a ton, well, who am I to say that he hasn't?

GO RAMS!

Psycho_X

Legend
Goff showing off his bulging biceps lol. But at least he has a sense of humor about it. He's still got one of the better arms I've seen when he knows where to go with it so I don't care. :)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Goff showing off his bulging biceps lol. But at least he has a sense of humor about it. He's still got one of the better arms I've seen when he knows where to go with it so I don't care. :)

This is hilarious. But for real, Gurley is huge.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Those legs worry more than his arms, haha. Yikes!! More leg days Jared!!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

Can you imagine Gurley coming out you with a full head of steam! Yikes!

I love that you can visibly see Spruce in the background. He doesn't have time to pose for a picture! Ha

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a new day and a new season. It's going to be a fun freaking ride. Get excited, and stop acting like battered housewives. It's just a game.
First off, please don't tell me how to prepare for the season? I won't do it to you.

Second, many of the fans that share your pre-season outlook are the worst if (IF) things go south.

They (again, not all) are the ones that turn otherwise civil boards like this into a giant crapfest.

So, feel free to gulp kool-aid... I applaud you sir.

But please let me approach this season as I'd like...

Thanks!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, please don't tell me how to prepare for the season? I won't do it to you.

Second, many of the fans that share your pre-season outlook are the worst if (IF) things go south.

They (again, not all) are the ones that turn otherwise civil boards like this into a giant crapfest.

So, feel free to gulp kool-aid... I applaud you sir.

But please let me approach this season as I'd like...

Thanks!

Feel free to do it for me. You are an adult. You can live your life your way. I just have never understood why people decide to take pessimistic approaches to anything.

As for what happens when the season goes south, I have a feeling that you see a good mix of the optimists and pessimists turning the board into a giant crapfest. That's what tends to happen when people are angry and bitter. And the pessimists certainly aren't any less angry and bitter when the season goes down the shitter.

In fact, if I've noticed anything on other boards, it's the so-called "realists" (pessimists) who generally make the forum a toxic place. Every young player is a bust until proven otherwise. Every season is a losing season until proven otherwise. And when a season proves to be a losing season, they're not any less angry than the rest of us. But they are certainly quick to make everyone know what a bum player X is or what a bust player Y is.

Basically, we all have our own way of dealing with losing. It's usually not pretty. The idea that only the optimists get upset, bitter, angry, and look to assign blame when the team loses is simply not true. However, I still feel that the idea that being optimistic right now does nothing to hurt you or make the losing worse is true.

Even if I were a skeptic now about the Rams chances, I'd be just as pissed about the Rams not doing well. That's just how I react to losing. I become angry and bitter. I wasn't any less angry and bitter during 2009 when I knew the team was trash.(but I was a lot more apathetic about watching the team)

Again, you can do whatever you want, but I don't understand the mindset of assuming the worst while preparing for the season. It doesn't make the losing feel better. It doesn't make it easier. But that's just one man's opinion, and I'll keep enjoying this delicious kool-aid.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In fact, if I've noticed anything on other boards, it's the so-called "realists" (pessimists) who generally make the forum a toxic place. Every young player is a bust until proven otherwise. Every season is a losing season until proven otherwise. And when a season proves to be a losing season, they're not any less angry than the rest of us. But they are certainly quick to make everyone know what a bum player X is or what a bust player Y is.

They are also the first ones ready with a big ol' fat "i told ya so"

im cautiously optimistic about this year ... and this is the most excited Ive been about a rams team for the last five years ... so im on the kool aid train