Heckling fans douse Manziel with drinks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
manziel.jpg
Getty Images
2014 wasn’t a great year for Johnny Manziel. And 2015 isn’t starting off much better.

Via TMZ.com, the Browns quarterback had an encounter with hecklers at a Houston nightclub. He reportedly flipped them the bird. And they reportedly threw drinks at him.

Manziel reportedly left the club, changed clothes, and then returned after being assured by security that the troublemakers had been given the boot.

Police were not called, and in isolation it’s not a big deal. But it’s the latest example of a situation in which Manziel finds a way to make a headline. While the throwing of the drinks may have been inevitable, Manziel didn’t help matter by flashing his middle finger at the hecklers.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
At least he didn't physically respond. So he's not TOTALLY braindead...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Shouldn't have instigated it further by giving them a response. Honestly he shouldn't even be at a night club in general, nothing good happens at those places for stars of any kind. The hecklers are undoubtedly huge assholes and deserve to step on Legos for the rest of their lives, but like the article said, he didn't help matters by giving me an immediate response.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So...uh...remember that whole "professional" thing? That whole "I'm going to take this more seriously" thing? Why the hell are you out at a night club?

I'm pretty sure you doing more partying is not what the Browns had in mind when you told them you were going to be more professionally.

Kid clearly just doesn't get it.

WestCoastRam

Legend
A lot of athletes go to clubs and don't get into trouble. They usually do things to not draw attention or rope themselves off from everyone else with a VIP rope. This kid IS brain dead. He could do either of those - and isn't.

RamsFan14

Starter
A lot of athletes go to clubs and don't get into trouble. They usually do things to not draw attention or rope themselves off from everyone else with a VIP rope. This kid IS brain dead. He could do either of those - and isn't.

Well you just said it, a lot of athletes go to clubs, so why can't he during his free time? Oh, it's because he's "franchise QB" of the Cleveland Browns and since he's the QB he should be sitting in a corner studying his playbook all day. While I don't agree with what he's doing, he's obviously free to do w/e he wants, idk why people are having such a hard time with this. It's his life, let him do what he wants during his free time! Idk how hard he's working, but just because he's going to clubs doesn't mean he doesn't put in the time.

With that said... In general, he has acted like a knucklehead! I thought he would've grown up a bit (based on predraft and what not), and clearly I was/am wrong. However on THIS incident, I don't think he did anything wrong (based off the reports), it just so happens imo people are finding more reasons to diss/laugh on him. That was his free time, he should be able to do w/e he wants, even if he's a QB. I'm hating this QB stigma I'm getting from fans (not this website in particular, more like facebook and ESPN) that they must work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. BLAH!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With the putrid performance he played when he got the starting job, he ought to be focused on seeking professional help in refining his mechanics as a QB. Nothing wrong with having fun, but with the odds stacked against you, I would take the job more seriously, especially when Connor Shaw did a better job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude should be able to go to a nightclub. Media needs to recognize a non-story but unfortunately with endless droves of fans judging the kid for doing what many of us did they can report idiocy like that and somehow it matters.

Like many stories on him, it's much ado about nothing. IMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's a good thing he didn't throw his drink at the hecklers. He could have hurt someone else.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, it's not that he went to a club - season just ended, he's allowed to have some fun. It's that he returned to the same club a little bit later, after having had an issue there. That's saying that he doesn't care if he has problems, he just wants to have fun.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It's a good thing he didn't throw his drink at the hecklers. He could have hurt someone else.

Was Mike Evans there? He could have salvaged the throw.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
manziel.jpg
Getty Images
2014 wasn’t a great year for Johnny Manziel. And 2015 isn’t starting off much better.

Via TMZ.com, the Browns quarterback had an encounter with hecklers at a Houston nightclub. He reportedly flipped them the bird. And they reportedly threw drinks at him.

Manziel reportedly left the club, changed clothes, and then returned after being assured by security that the troublemakers had been given the boot.

Police were not called, and in isolation it’s not a big deal. But it’s the latest example of a situation in which Manziel finds a way to make a headline. While the throwing of the drinks may have been inevitable, Manziel didn’t help matter by flashing his middle finger at the hecklers.

I guess his money is worth more than those who got "the boot".

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There's absolutely nothing wrong with him going to a night club. It's that he is constantly contradicting himself saying he needs to grow up, be more responsible, be a leader for this team... and other cliche's. But his actions always contradict his words. This kid just doesn't get it. He'll flame out soon enough and be partying with Bieber and Mayweather all the time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you just said it, a lot of athletes go to clubs, so why can't he during his free time? Oh, it's because he's "franchise QB" of the Cleveland Browns and since he's the QB he should be sitting in a corner studying his playbook all day. While I don't agree with what he's doing, he's obviously free to do w/e he wants, idk why people are having such a hard time with this. It's his life, let him do what he wants during his free time! Idk how hard he's working, but just because he's going to clubs doesn't mean he doesn't put in the time.

It's not about him being a QB. I don't care if any other QB had this happen. It's about his past. Claimed in the process leading up to the draft that he had "changed" and said all the right things. We come to find out that he didn't change. Had all the same issues during the season. Says at the end of the season, "I realize the error of my ways". Immediately gets fined for being late...and may have caused other teammates to be late while partying.

So what is he doing now before the off-season has even begun? Made more news while partying.

If you're the Browns and you continue to see this type of behavior, would it not concern you? Fool me once...

Actions speak louder than words. Guy says the "right" things but doesn't seem too intent on actually changing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's back "home" and has this happen to him. Isn't he supposed to be really loved back there in Texas? Hahahahaha

This only happens to total dickheads.

I wonder if it was a bunch of chicks who dumped their drinks on him. LOL