Heard Dan Dierdorf Yesterday....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

...tonight's Indy/Pats game is his last of his career but when I heard him talking about his "replacement parts" I was sickened.

He said if not for all the travel he'd not retire but he's had both knees replaced, both hips replaced and "in the next 3 weeks I am going to have my entire lower spine re-done (replaced)."

Just reinforced what a toll this sport takes on the body...smh.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
...tonight's Indy/Pats game is his last of his career but when I heard him talking about his "replacement parts" I was sickened.

He said if not for all the travel he'd not retire but he's had both knees replaced, both hips replaced and "in the next 3 weeks I am going to have my entire lower spine re-done (replaced)."

Just reinforced what a toll this sport takes on the body...smh.

Probably has an influence, but people wear out.

My dad has had a knee replacement and he's been about as athletic as Barbara Bush.

tonyl711

Starter
Dan was the leader of one of the best Olines in the history of football, a hall of fame player. he turned himself into one of the best announcer's in the game. goes to bat for St Louis every chance he get's. sad to see him retire. good luck in the next phase of your life Dan, you are a class act.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad Dierdorf is retiring as an announcer. Never thought he was any good. The reasons for his retirement don't make me glad...but him retiring does.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probably has an influence, but people wear out.

My dad has had a knee replacement and he's been about as athletic as Barbara Bush.

My dad had "a" knee replacement too..but not two..and 2 hips, and a rebuilt spine.

RFIP

I'm glad Dierdorf is retiring as an announcer. Never thought he was any good. The reasons for his retirement don't make me glad...but him retiring does.

Yeah I was never a real fan of his style either but he seems like a good man at least.

RFIP

Just saw this on FB:

St. Louis Rams
Congratulations to St. Louis resident and Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Dierdorf on his retirement after 30 years in the broadcast booth!

1601568_10152773031323484_532361491_n.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
++ Dan Dierdorf.

Excellent ambassador to St. Louis football!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah Dierdorf and a lot of o-linemen get pounded into dust ,I really thought in the beginning of his career Dan was a breath of fresh air, but his style has grown stale , man has a great sense of humor very self effacing, not for the younger in your face Jim Rome types, I wish him well was half of one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen the other half Jack Youngblood who BTW hasn't had any of the surgeries Dan has .
Great Player and announcer ,Bo Shemboeckler said of Dierdorf that he thought a house could fall on him and Dan would just walk out from under the rubble and keep playing

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dan Dierdorf >>>> Phil Simms.

There are very few things on this planet that are more annoying to listen to than Phil Simms. The man is a menace in the booth.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Started listening to Dierdorf when he was on KMOX as a player. He's a Football man. I'll miss him.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
For locals here, Dan will be on KMOV 4 news tonight for an indepth interview. They will probably have it up on their site tomorrow for those who care.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For locals here, Dan will be on KMOV 4 news tonight for an indepth interview. They will probably have it up on their site tomorrow for those who care.

If you have time, put a link up!