Hear me out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I get this is more a next season question but I was just wondering.....If Cam Akers comes back and isn't close to what he used to be, would you be interested in trading for James Robinson? Only asking as they seem to not want him there and he's a good ass running back in my eyes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like him too btw but if I am Snead I will lock McVay in a broom closet during the draft and get him a RB with that round 3 pick.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’d rather keep Sony, Henderson and Akers. The three of them should make a good rotation.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like him too btw but if I am Snead I will lock McVay in a broom closet during the draft and get him a RB with that round 3 pick.
I definitely agree there. I mostly just throwing the Robinson idea out there because Urban Meyer seems to not value him at all that he could be had for less than some might think. Regardless, we definitely need to draft a RB for sure.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I’d rather keep Sony, Henderson and Akers. The three of them should make a good rotation.
Even if Akers doesn't look good? Hendo is injury prone and Robinson is on a rookie contract too. Mostly ask as Aker's injury is no joke to come back from.

I should clarify by injury prone I mean that Hendo gets nicked up a lot.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Even if Akers doesn't look good? Hendo is injury prone and Robinson is on a rookie contract too. Mostly ask as Aker's injury is no joke to come back from.
Akers may take a year to get back but I believe he will get that time from what this team has shown. That along with the training team they have and the video he’s already put out and I expect him to be good.

What would you trade?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Akers may take a year to get back but I believe he will get that time from what this team has shown. That along with the training team they have and the video he’s already put out and I expect him to be good.

What would you trade?
Well they did draft Etienne to be their #1 running back and seemed to be favored by the old college coach, Urban Meyer. I'd throw a 4th at them as Robinson was undrafted and is cheap. Will they bite, ya got me, but you never know. I know I'd feel better with Robinson taking the reins vs Hendo. I get Michel is also a good running back, but I don't think he is better than Robinson as that guy has produced 2 years in a row so far on the sorry as Jags.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

What would you trade?
Also forgot to add, I'd much rather Akers fully recovers because I believe he's a special back if he does.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft running backs don't trade for them, Michel is an exception as it was in season and we taking too many injuries at the position.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Draft running backs don't trade for them, Michel is an exception as it was in season and we taking too many injuries at the position.
I agree but if we draft one and it doesn't click, would you consider? Guess I'm mostly presenting a worse case scenario here. I'd much much rather not worry about it and have Akers be healthy and better than ever. Besides what if, a big what if, we get him for one of Snead's beloved 6th round picks?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I will not hear you out.

(But to answer your question, I'd rather just sign a cheap FA like Marlon Mack, D'Ernest Johnson, Chase Edmonds, Cordarrelle Patterson, or Boston Scott and/or draft a HB.)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well they did draft Etienne to be their #1 running back and seemed to be favored by the old college coach, Urban Meyer. I'd throw a 4th at them as Robinson was undrafted and is cheap. Will they bite, ya got me, but you never know. I know I'd feel better with Robinson taking the reins vs Hendo. I get Michel is also a good running back, but I don't think he is better than Robinson as that guy has produced 2 years in a row so far on the sorry as Jags.
Problem #2 if we trade for him he's a free agent after 2022 and we either have to sign him or we just threw away a draft pick for 1 year. We have plenty of people we should and could resign without adding another RB to that list. Henderson is also a free agent after 2022.

As for missing out on the draft pick Snead has a pretty good track record of working with McVay to get guys that can contribute. Akers, Henderson and Funk all contribute. Trust them to add a new one and the year after we likely do it again because Akers will be a free agent the year after Henderson. Robinson has performed fairly well and like all RB might want a nice payday in that 2nd contract likely even more than he's worth.

Draft RB's don't trade for them unless it's an in season emergency like with Michel which really didn't cost much.