Havrisik Keep him or Dump him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should we keep him or dump him?

• Keep him, he's great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him, he's got potential

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Dump him, he's got potential, but its not worth the risk

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Dump him, he's simply not good enough.

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm not saying that a kicker who makes 75% of his field goals or 85% of his extra points is ok. But it could, in fact, be worse. I would be willing to wager that not one person in this thread could hit NFL extra points at a 25% clip. Change for the sake of change isn't the way. We should be looking for a replacement - no doubt. Until we have one, this is your team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would be willing to wager that not one person in this thread could hit NFL extra points at a 25% clip.
bye.gif

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Havrisik has been cut. Now....who do they bring in??? Patterson???

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would prefer Matthew Wright because of his overall FG percentage, but knowing the way the kickers have gone this season, it will be Rodrigo Blankenship, just because although he did have a stellar rookie season, I never really liked him at Georgia.

Still I am glad they parted ways with Havrisik, worst Ram kicker since Steve McLaughlin.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I guess i am happy that I can't remember Steve McLaughlin because Havrisik was BAD

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Hey Havrisik:
Move on. Keep a positive attitude. Everyone leaves the NFL at some point.
And above all -- DO NOT READ THIS BOARD!! :laugh2:

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Anyone for a Matt Araiza redemption story arc?
On December 12, 2023, Araiza and his accuser mutually agreed to drop their respective lawsuits against each other with neither party admitting any wrongdoing and no money changing hands.

Edit:
Araiza's agent told Fox 5 that NFL teams have been reaching out after the lawsuit was dropped.

Last edited:

JYB

Starter
I can't believe that I have cornered myself into defending our shitty kicker because he could be cut any moment and I'd be fine with it - but since I can't seem to help myself - I think recency bias is in play here. Maher missed a higher percentage of his field goals - not by much, but the numbers don't lie.

I don't think McV has a good deal of confidence in this kid - and it isn't hard to see why.

All I am saying is that I seriously doubt that Snead is not exploring every option out there to have better special teams and his options may be more limited than people here think. A new name out there is not necessarily an improvement - and maybe this kid is a good example of that. This forum was on fire to cut Maher after the Steelers game. We did. Are we better off for it?
At least when Maher missed, his misses were in the neighborhood. As opposed to Havrisuck, whose misses are egregious, with no chance of making it the second they leave his foot, weakly floating off of the screen.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We should hear about a new kicker soon - have to think the Rams want him in the building ASAP.

JYB

Starter
I would prefer Matthew Wright because of his overall FG percentage, but knowing the way the kickers have gone this season, it will be Rodrigo Blankenship, just because although he did have a stellar rookie season, I never really liked him at Georgia.

Still I am glad they parted ways with Havrisik, worst Ram kicker since Steve McLaughlin.
Except that Havrisuck is way worse than McLaughin was. McLaughlin was bad, but the bigger issue with McLaughlin is that the Rams wasted a third round pick on him.

Ellard80

Legend
I'm not saying that a kicker who makes 75% of his field goals or 85% of his extra points is ok. But it could, in fact, be worse. I would be willing to wager that not one person in this thread could hit NFL extra points at a 25% clip. Change for the sake of change isn't the way. We should be looking for a replacement - no doubt. Until we have one, this is your team.
luke only has a better % tham maher because he kicked 8 FGS under 30 yards.....

And it could it be worse? possible but unlikley.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Except that Havrisuck is way worse than McLaughin was. McLaughlin was bad, but the bigger issue with McLaughlin is that the Rams wasted a third round pick on him.
IDK, McLaughlin was 8 of 16 before being cut for Dean Biasucci and McLaughlin never kicked again.