Having played in only one game this preseason, do you think he makes the 53?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Spruce made the team game #1 and they've been treating his knee with extreme precaution
Yeah that's what i meant except i was being dramatic about it.
images (4).jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
McRoberts and Duke didn't get that many opportunity.
Spruce got one game. Hell, one quarter. All the other guys have had multiple games.
Do they keep track of preseason target stats?

You say he was force fed. Maybe. Another way of looking at it would be he got open and finished the play so he gained QB trust. These other guys...? Who would you trust throwing too?

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
McRoberts and Duke didn't get that many opportunity. Spruce was force fed in 1 game vs 3rd stringers... it's not that im not a fan I just don't get rhe hype... He's ok but would have liked tonsee him vs better competition... If they keepnspruce no way they keep marques

I don't know...seems like it's something more. Whenever his name comes up or he is predicted to make the 53, you never miss an opportunity to contradict it. You come off as anti-Spruce. Just sayin'...

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I think Spruce makes the regular 53 (95% sure at this point).

Britt
Austin
Cooper
Marquez
Spruce
Quick

Two of the trifecta of Williams, Thomas and McRoberts to PS as well.

If Spruce and Cooper are both not healthy for game 1 the Rams will essentially run with the four holdovers they had to close out last season.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Spruce will make the initial 53. The more PS games I have seen, the more I think the Rams pick up a WR from another team's cuts. If that happens he may go to PS.
I think Quick stays in large part for his blocking

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He GD well better make it. He does something the other WR's haven't done well - catch the damn ball.

And in his absence, who has stepped up? Quick is the Quick we have known for most of his time with the Rams. Thomas has dropped too many. Nobody else has stood out. But when Spruce got his opportunity, he maximized it.

Other guys may be more athletic, but Spruce gets open and he catches the ball. I hope the Brian-Quick-over-Alshon-Jeffrey experiment taught a lesson to Snead and Fisher about not getting seduced by athletic talent and potential and instead drafting guys that have actually shown they can play.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spruce has actually been a healthy scratch for weeks. Sounds tin foil hat'ish but...just sayin.
He makes the 53.

I hope you are right on both counts. Hoping Fisher saw enough in practice and Spruce's performance against Dallas that he held him out and simply gave others the chance to step up and beat him out - which they didn't.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No, I'm not talking about Gurley. I'm talking about Nelson Spruce. The week 1 star from Colorado who caught everything thrown his way in the dramatic 4th quarter comeback hasn't played since due to injury. Do the snaps he took in just a single game prove to be enough for LA to have him make the roster? IMO, I say absolutely he makes this team, but I want to hear from you guys on why or why not.
He had an outstand preseason game! Probably won it for us! YES! He deserves a spot on the Roster! Next to Britt he's the only WR who catches everything thrown his way!(y);):D