Have the rams taken over LA?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Any LA guys on here or even people that have visited this season ?

How is the city treating this team? I see alot more fans are going to the games .

I'm sure there are more fans since the team is winning but do these people seem they will stay around ?

Chargers to rams fan ratio ?

Thanks , I'm not gonna make any games this year and I'm just curious

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone know how many attended the game vs the Eagles on Sunday? Looked pretty packed watching on TV.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked like the place was pretty full... with too much green!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
IDK - I bought season tickets last year but had to pass this year. The most fun I had last year was the Miami rain game. Yep, I was the fan in a trash bag.... now that was fun.

The product sucked ass last year. Now? as excited as I am about these Rams there is still some doubt that they'll get it done (beat teams that are tough - get into the playoffs)

My personal opinion is that we'll need a few winning seasons to bring out that serious team pride.

IDK anything about the Chargers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What's so funny about the Chargers' situation is that I've been to that field for an LA Galaxy game and I gotta say... I LOVED IT.

It's intimate and there are NO BAD SEATS.

I truly hope the Chargers win the AFC West and host a playoff game. Whoever gets to go to that game will see playoff football with sightlines that usually on the mucky-mucks get.

You know...the seats where you walk DOWN to your seat after exiting the tunnel versus the long...long march...up and up and up....you pass weather balloons and see clouds passing you in other stadiums.

Honestly, if I owned a team, I'd keep the seating under 60k and try to get it closer to 50k and really focus on the product and making every seat seem super special.

As someone who's sat in the back row of a 100k seat stadium, it's like watching streaming in the late 90s... game looked like pixels of a blown up 320x240 window...

I know there is tons of antipathy in SD and LA hasn't been home to the Chargers since the early 60s. SD isn't even the third most popular team. The Raiders may still be first, the Rams second and if you aggregate them, the Other team (be it Dallas, GB, Pats, Steelers or Giants) is more popular than the Chargers in LA.

If I lived in LA, I'd want to see all of the Rams games, but if you ask me between the Coliseum and the StubHub Arena, I take StubHub every day of the week and thrice on Sunday.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's so funny about the Chargers' situation is that I've been to that field for an LA Galaxy game and I gotta say... I LOVED IT.

It's intimate and there are NO BAD SEATS.

I truly hope the Chargers win the AFC West and host a playoff game. Whoever gets to go to that game will see playoff football with sightlines that usually on the mucky-mucks get.

You know...the seats where you walk DOWN to your seat after exiting the tunnel versus the long...long march...up and up and up....you pass weather balloons and see clouds passing you in other stadiums.

Honestly, if I owned a team, I'd keep the seating under 60k and try to get it closer to 50k and really focus on the product and making every seat seem super special.

As someone who's sat in the back row of a 100k seat stadium, it's like watching streaming in the late 90s... game looked like pixels of a blown up 320x240 window...

I know there is tons of antipathy in SD and LA hasn't been home to the Chargers since the early 60s. SD isn't even the third most popular team. The Raiders may still be first, the Rams second and if you aggregate them, the Other team (be it Dallas, GB, Pats, Steelers or Giants) is more popular than the Chargers in LA.

If I lived in LA, I'd want to see all of the Rams games, but if you ask me between the Coliseum and the StubHub Arena, I take StubHub every day of the week and thrice on Sunday.

When I first saw it it made me think of a minor league baseball park, and I've been in a few. It's a lot of fun to see a game like that and I can understand why so many fans come down here for spring training.......great weather and a fantastic stadium experience.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I went to the opener and it brought back all those memories of back when I was a kid about that stadium. unless you are in the bottom half of the stadium it sucks. it was a great game but hotter than hell. I just don't see why people would spend money watching it there when you can watch on tv. when the new stadium comes I see it be a lot more comfortable for viewers and will probably sell out a lot as long as they are decent.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Couldn't agree more. The best football games I have watched were at old RFK stadium in DC (45-50k seats). Was never a Redskin fan, but liked going to games there and sitting in the lower bowl. That entire section ROCKED....LITERALLY. Floating seats and all. Even sitting in the nosebleeds at RFK, the sight lines were as good as they are in the club level at FedEx. That Fedex field monstrosity has to be one of the worst stadiums in the NFL....

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
I'm sure that the Rams history will win out over the newness of the Chargers but the Chargers are the LA story of late.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Coliseum was packed Sunday, 55/45 Rams to Philly garbage fans. 67 k fans total, which is how many they'll sell at maximum now. Amenities at stadium pretty poor. Place was rocking though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Coliseum was packed Sunday, 55/45 Rams to Philly garbage fans. 67 k fans total, which is how many they'll sell at maximum now. Amenities at stadium pretty poor. Place was rocking though.

I didn't get the sense that the crowd was 45% Eagles fans, or that it was packed.

They may have sold 67K tickets, but like many games this year the turnstile count and tickets sold count are quite divergent.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
People keep forgetting that the Coliseum hold 100,000 people. They only sell 65,000 of those seats. Leaving a whopping 35,000 unsold. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near the coliseum with 100,000 people in there. I've been there many times with far less, and it's a chore.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Any LA guys on here or even people that have visited this season ?

How is the city treating this team? I see alot more fans are going to the games .

I'm sure there are more fans since the team is winning but do these people seem they will stay around ?

Chargers to rams fan ratio ?

Thanks , I'm not gonna make any games this year and I'm just curious

I think the SoCal area is treating the Rams well. After last years crappy season the honeymoon ended quick. That being said, attendance has been getting better as we rack up the wins. Will they stay around? Well, the majority of folks will of course remain fans, as they've been. But if the losing returns they will spend their precious entertainment dollars elsewhere. A lot of folks I talk to are looking forward to the new stadium and say the Coliseum "Experience" keeps them away. That's a big factor. I see more and more Rams gear being worn around town, on cars, etc.

Chargers fans? Honestly I see no real change. Their were a number of fans prior to the move, seems about the same what I see around town as before. Ratio? I dunno.... 75/25 Rams or there abouts.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I didn't get the sense that the crowd was 45% Eagles fans, or that it was packed.

They may have sold 67K tickets, but like many games this year the turnstile count and tickets sold count are quite divergent.

Now come on Les, that stadium was pretty full and I believe all 67,000 showed up. Yes there was green, but plenty of blue and in Los Angeles you are always going to get fans from other teams even the great years of the 70's had fans from other teams,that is Los Angeles in a nutshell many people relocate to the City of Angeles, it's just that simple.

I watched the game and reviewed it again and it was plenty packed. There were 67,000 in attendance and that outsells many other games across the NFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Now come on Les, that stadium was pretty full and I believe all 67,000 showed up. Yes there was green, but plenty of blue and in Los Angeles you are always going to get fans from other teams even the great years of the 70's had fans from other teams,that is Los Angeles in a nutshell many people relocate to the City of Angeles, it's just that simple.

I watched the game and reviewed it again and it was plenty packed. There were 67,000 in attendance and that outsells many other games across the NFL.

Maybe, I still see plenty of holes.

Plenty of Eagles fans, no doubt, but nowhere near 45% of the total..........no way.