Have the Rams ever won a game with

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drsnook

UDFA
Name
drsnook
Our QB throwing 3 picks? Must have happened before, but I can't recall when.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I would guess during the Warner years. TOs were negated by quick strikes of retaliation.

drsnook

UDFA
Name
drsnook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner had 5 games as a Ram where he threw 3 INT and we won.

You might remember one - NFC championship against the Bucs.
Definitely remember that game, but not the three picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

That game is a great example of how an offense can run into a wall in the playoffs.

That is why the Rams developing a power run game is such a big deal. That tends to play much better in the playoffs than a pass happy attack.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Our QB throwing 3 picks? Must have happened before, but I can't recall when.

Not sure.
I do recall us winning a game turning the ball over three times and the opponent not turning the ball over. We won 30 to 0 at Detroit.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

I remember it was my Birthday

Attachments

• gettyimages-51540788-2048x2048.jpg
    gettyimages-51540788-2048x2048.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 31

Ellard80

Legend
That game is a great example of how an offense can run into a wall in the playoffs.

That is why the Rams developing a power run game is such a big deal. That tends to play much better in the playoffs than a pass happy attack.

maybe - I see at as a point that sometimes shit will go south and you need to play complimentary football and have the other sides of the ball pick you up.

running the ball valuable but stopping the run is even more important

If you look at the past 10 years or so of super bowl winners - their rushing rankings are different - i think like 4 of the last 10 super bowl winners had a top 10 rushing attack. 8 out 10 had top 10 rush defenses.. alot of top ranked rush defenses.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
maybe - I see at as a point that sometimes shit will go south and you need to play complimentary football and have the other sides of the ball pick you up.
Which is the same thing. If you look at the history of the NFL playoffs it backs all that up too, being one dimensional is not a good thing.

I don't think there's been a one dimensional passing attack that has won it all for example.

There have been teams who won with defense but no offense, but those defenses were rare elite units at stuffing both run and pass and keeping points ridiculously low. So can't really call those Bears or Ravens teams one dimensional. Complimentary football, balance, whatever you want to call it, it's a big key for being able to survive in the playoffs.

Ellard80

Legend
Which is the same thing. If you look at the history of the NFL playoffs it backs all that up too, being one dimensional is not a good thing.

I don't think there's been a one dimensional passing attack that has won it all for example.

There have been teams who won with defense but no offense, but those defenses were rare elite units at stuffing both run and pass and keeping points ridiculously low. So can't really call those Bears or Ravens teams one dimensional. Complimentary football, balance, whatever you want to call it, it's a big key for being able to survive in the playoffs.
look at what i edited in my posted above - top rush defense is a key in winning super bowls

top rush offenses... not as neccessary.

But of course the more complete team you have the better. If a team has to respect the run it opens up more for big plays.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well interestingly enough our rush defense in '99 was the best in the league iirc. So you'll never get an argument out of me irt the importance of rush defense.

Re: the offensive side run game I think potency matters too. Teams that can power you on the ground or who have a breakaway talent in the backfield have more going for them in threat than a team who just runs the ball that bare minimum amount.

For example take Michel. No team wants that dude mashing their secondary and wearing them down. The DC is going to fear that. We're seeing a similar effect from Michel to what CJ gave us in 2018. But nobody is gonna fear Hendy, sadly. Basically if Michel were to miss time we're up shit creek IMO and no amount of carries for Hendy is gonna change that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way re: the stats they say matters in that link...

Our offense looks good other than redzone scoring percentage. Scoring defense of late has been very good (18.7 over the last 3 games). QB performance as irritating as it has been from time to time has overall been among the best in the league this year. We don't look too shabby tbh, seems like redzone scoring looms as our biggest problem irt the listed elements required, given that our defense seems to be on a big upswing.

1640636638893.png

1640635989392.png

1640636095050.png

1640636151128.png

1640636235574.png

1640636313378.png

Ellard80

Legend
By the way re: the stats they say matters in that link...

Our offense looks good other than redzone scoring percentage. Scoring defense of late has been very good (18.7 over the last 3 games). QB performance as irritating as it has been from time to time has overall been among the best in the league this year. We don't look too shabby tbh, seems like redzone scoring looms as our biggest problem irt the listed elements required, given that our defense seems to be on a big upswing.

View attachment 50669

View attachment 50664
View attachment 50665
View attachment 50666
View attachment 50667
View attachment 50668
ya we have some of the key ingredients to be able to win it all

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I don’t mind Stafford throwing picks when he is airing it out, I’d prefer it didn’t happen but risk/reward … the short passes where he is under pressure close to our own end zone need to stop. Stafford appears to have a weakness here … maybe we just give the ball to Michel instead. :blub:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don’t mind Stafford throwing picks when he is airing it out, I’d prefer it didn’t happen but risk/reward … the short passes where he is under pressure close to our own end zone need to stop. Stafford appears to have a weakness here … maybe we just give the ball to Michel instead. :blub:
Agree, but I kind of feel like the deep throws just for the sake of throwing them seem to be an obligatory thing with McVay now...I wish he wouldn't be as obvious as he is now and pick his spots with a little more thought...The bad throw last week was thrown into double coverage and it was only catchable by the Vikings DBs...Zero chance of a completion...The 15-18 yard throws by Stafford are still freaking lasers but he seems to be having a bit of trouble with underthrowing the deep shots...Not trying to really be critical of either of them, I obviously don't know enough to even presume I should be...just seems a bit troubling to me..

Ellard80

Legend
i agree - an INT that happens on a deep, aggressive play i dont mind.

but an int inside your own 10 on a check down - cant have that.