Have a mouse with a scroll wheel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could only get to 5:01 so far.
But point taken at the end of the game where it says how tiring it can be ... in the water.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Surfed for years in Santa Cruz and further north. Been hit in the head with my board and other boards(this may explain a lot), dove into giant waves and thought at times I would never see the surface again. But the closest I ever came to drowning was while river rafting. That pops up from out of my subconscious every once in a while to remind me to be grateful to even still be here. That video brought that back to mind.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that's not a good feeling. I got caught in a rip tide once that I thought would never end when I was 15. I took the bus to the beach with some of my friends, and the waves were at least 7 feet when we got there. Scariest feeling ever being pulled out like that (at least 50 yards), and I still think about that to this day (on a rare occasion like today). Mainly because I can't imagine what it would have done to my mom hearing second hand that I had drowned.

bluecoconuts

Legend
My father almost drowned once, he said it was almost peaceful. He didn't really get sucked under violently or anything though, he was deep sea scuba diving and had a malfunction with his tank. Was trying to get to the surface and passed out about 20 feet below the surface, but he ended up floating near enough to the surface when his buddies in the boat saw him and dragged him back up. Still though, I was shocked to hear him say it was peaceful for him. I would be panicking like hell.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My wife and I got turned around while snorkeling in Hawaii once and ended up way further out than we thought, swimming back in seemed to take forever only thing I could think of is how far to the nearest land in the direction the ocean wants me to go, cause I aint gettin any closer to the land Im tryin to swim to.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was dragged under by a current in the river. My hands were above water now and again but I couldn't get my head up for a breath. Luckily my brother washed into a small eddy behind a rock and was sitting on the rock watching for me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in. I always wear a life vest when fishing and wading in the river now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He spoke French. My scroll finger lost its give a damn. He didn't last long.

That aside, I've learned to respect the power of water the hard way a couple of different times. Barely here to talk about it but it certainly gives you perspective.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a spooky drowning story. I was an excellent swimmer as a kid because everyone in the neighborhood went to the pool all the time. I used to go almost every day. Times were different then.

One day I was lounging and taking a little cat nap, I was actually sleeping on my towel laying on the concrete. Out of nowhere I snapped out of it and bolted up and leapt to my feet and turned towards the pool. There were shit loads of kids of all ages from grade school to high school all over the place. I saw my little sisters pink bathing cap barely over the surface of the water. I ran full speed and jumped in the pool and lifted her up, she had almost drown. They did a little work on her and she was OK, but obviously shaken up with the close call.

I was asleep for the most part and didn't actually hear anything because all but the very top of her head was under water so she wasn't yelling. She jump into deeper water than she was supposed to without knowing it and was sort of lost in the commotion of other kids splashing and playing so the lifeguard didn't notice.

We've talked about it a few times because there was no reason for me to wake up and turn and look exactly at her. I was mostly asleep and she wasn't making any noise and hadn't drawn any attention even from people around her. Yet somehow something jolted me up. We've talked about it many times, it was like some supernatural force.

Very bizarre..........I remember people asking me how I knew she was drowning and I didn't know myself LOL. It just happened.