Have 20 mins? 2013 St. Louis Rams Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

From my buddy on other Rams website, he makes pretty good vids!

Biggest thing that jumps out watching these highlights is we need to stop or limit where we just lay down and die before half time and get behind. I'm sure with our D upgrade this year we'll be able to manage...

Here's to a dominate 2014 ;)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
A great highlight vid - the biggest thing I noticed was that Sam looked pretty darn good at the start of the season...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
A great highlight vid - the biggest thing I noticed was that Sam looked pretty darn good at the start of the season...

I thought the same thing, if Sam hadnt got hurt the Rams woulda won at least 3 more games. Not that Clemens sucked, he just doesnt have Sams arm talent.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's a great video. Gets me hyped up about this season. I really think the Rams are ready to step it up and become a force in football

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A lot of encouraging things in that vid....aaand some not so much. We were pretty awful against the Niners, Cowboys and Atlanta until garbage time. I realize that was before the team found it's eventual RB and identity, but we will have no such luxury this year. BE PREPARED. NO EXCUSES.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A lot of encouraging things in that vid....aaand some not so much. We were pretty awful against the Niners, Cowboys and Atlanta until garbage time. I realize that was before the team found it's eventual RB and identity, but we will have no such luxury this year. BE PREPARED. NO EXCUSES.

It still baffles how bad the execution was when we tried to be pass happy early on. That's very confusing...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It still baffles how bad the execution was when we tried to be pass happy early on. That's very confusing...

The scheme, the execution. You name it. Still stunned that Schotty tried to run such a timing critical offense with a bunch of baby WRs and a TE that is new to the system. That and the fact that we had no clear #1 RB meant that defenses could just sit on that stuff and still get pressure with a 4 man front....which they did. People wonder why we went with bigs on the OL/DL with our first 2 picks??? Really?? What difference would ANY WR have made during those first 5 or so games last year??

Our run game will absolutely improve our passing game this year. If we are as dominant in the run game as I think we will be, the play action will be Sams BFF. Defenses will (for the first time in a LOOOONG time) not know where its coming from. That coupled with a D front 4 that should make life miserable for opposing offenses....well, sheesh....I just hope our coaches don't screw it up, haha.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The scheme, the execution. You name it. Still stunned that Schotty tried to run such a timing critical offense with a bunch of baby WRs and a TE that is new to the system. That and the fact that we had no clear #1 RB meant that defenses could just sit on that stuff and still get pressure with a 4 man front....which they did. People wonder why we went with bigs on the OL/DL with our first 2 picks??? Really?? What difference would ANY WR have made during those first 5 or so games last year??

Our run game will absolutely improve our passing game this year. If we are as dominant in the run game as I think we will be, the play action will be Sams BFF. Defenses will (for the first time in a LOOOONG time) not know where its coming from. That coupled with a D front 4 that should make life miserable for opposing offenses....well, sheesh....I just hope our coaches don't screw it up, haha.

Dam good post, man. Watkins wouldn't have done crap those early games. Bradford is incridible on PA passes, boot legs, and rollouts. No idea why we quit running those kinds of plays. It just reminds me how bad Schotty was at times last. He had some really good game plans, too.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Watkins wouldn't have done crap those early games.
Why drag that can of worms into yet another thread?

I don't think anyone was arguing against the idea that WRs seldom shock the world in their first year, but that would be like the argument that the Rams didn't need a tackle this year, so Robinson was a bad pick. As both sides kept saying, you draft for the future.

In the meantime, you got the pick you wanted, so why not just be happy with that and let it go?