Hasson Reddick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I had dinner tonight with a guy that works as a regional scout for a scouting service. Out of the blue, he started talking about the Ram's edge situation. He said in his opinion the Rams might be waiting to see if Hasson Reddick becomes available. In Philly's scheme, he plays a SAM LB who does a lot of blitzing. He would be considered undersized as an edge in the NFL but so is Hardy. In college, Hasson played as an edge. According to my friend the guys where he works think that Philly might be willing to trade him. In my friend's opinion, it would take next year's 2nd round pick and 2024's first round pick. But the Rams would get a 27 year old proven pass rusher who is also strong against the run.

The interesting thing is that his cap number would easily fit for the Rams this year and next year and they could extend him in 2024 if he works out. If not it would be a manageable dead cap. When I got home and looked at Reddick's cap number I saw what my friend was talking about. Why would Philly shop him? Because they would do that in 2023 or 2024. A SAM LB in their 4-3 system isn't their primary pass rusher. They have a rookie named Kyron Johnson behind Reddick who is lightning fast (4.3 speed). If he shows he can play this year then Reddick becomes expendable.

The Rams would not need to touch his contract for two years to fit their cap and he's a proven pass rusher, a real bookend to Floyd. Looking at the Eagle's situation, they drafted Johnson with the expectation of moving on from Reddick by 2024. They would be trading him a year early. Apparently it all depends upon how good or not Johnson looks in TC.

If nothing else it's something to think about. Snead has pulled off too many of these "no way" trades to discount anything IMO.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
the logic makes sense, but sheesh that price tag is high. not sure hes done enough to warrant that price

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I live in Philly and follow the Eagles a bit as well and they desperately need pass rushing help. He was one of their biggest additions this offseason and is expected to be a key piece on their defense. The Eagles expect to be in the playoffs this year so he’s not going anywhere.

Also Hassan is from the Philly area just over the bridge in NJ and he went to school at Temple in Philly. He was hyped to go “home” to the Eagles. He has been an Eagle fan his whole life.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
Is this same insider guy that says the Rams are going to trade for Danielle Hunter. Or another insider guy?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Reddick just signed a free agent-deal but he's going to 'become available' for some reason.

Screw Reddick! Under that thought process, the Rams can get-back Von Miller!

Seriously, cap #'s aside, who was the last big-$ free agent that got moved during his first year after signing?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reddick just signed a free agent-deal but he's going to 'become available' for some reason.

Screw Reddick! Under that thought process, the Rams can get-back Von Miller!

Seriously, cap #'s aside, who was the last big-$ free agent that got moved during his first year after signing?
The only time he possibly becomes available is if there's a coaching/gm change at the end of the season which seems very unlikely.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
so funny life of the party GIF by HULU

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The only time he possibly becomes available is if there's a coaching/gm change at the end of the season which seems very unlikely.
I just looked-up the contracts of Hasson Reddick and Allen Robinson.

They are almost identical in length, amount, guaranteed-$ and year-one cap hit.

So, under the OP's reasoning, a WR-needy-team should consider Robinson a potential 2022 pick-up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I had dinner tonight with a guy that works as a regional scout for a scouting service.
What did he order? If it's steak, then I have a tendency to believe him unless he went with the fish and it was either Seabass or Red Snapper. If he ordered chicken, then I can't take him seriously whatsoever.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now, now people who among us has not made the occasional faux pas? I mean I thought hiring Fisher was a good idea. I also thought Lawrence Philips would be a great back. And that signing Jason Sehorn was pretty cool. What the F was I thinking! Anyway the fires out nothing too see here. Move along.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Now, now people who among us has not made the occasional faux pas? I mean I thought hiring Fisher was a good idea. I also thought Lawrence Philips would be a great back. And that signing Jason Sehorn was pretty cool.
OK ... you're on suspension.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Criticizing bastids! One thing is sure, Snead will be a tricky boy this year with some off the wall move to make the team beter…….

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What did he order? If it's steak, then I have a tendency to believe him unless he went with the fish and it was either Seabass or Red Snapper. If he ordered chicken, then I can't take him seriously whatsoever.
I'm always ordering chicken and nobody takes me serious whatsoever! :zany1: