Haskins cut in DC. Could he be a desperation backup option until Goff can throw?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bortles is on the Bronco's practice squad. He is an option, although he'd have to go on the active roster and be willing to sign with LA as a backup. He may be checked out at this point and ready to head home.
I realize that which was partially my point. If the Rams were looking for outside options their eye would fall in a different direction than an inaccurate QB who finally got the cut he deserved. But they've been quiet with no rumors on that front so I suspect they're gonna go with Wolfy.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The whole going to a strip club with no mask thing didn’t help either
He didn't actually go to a strip club, but your point is still valid. For NFL players, attending any kind of party without a mask is stupid.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize that which was partially my point. If the Rams were looking for outside options their eye would fall in a different direction than an inaccurate QB who finally got the cut he deserved. But they've been quiet with no rumors on that front so I suspect they're gonna go with Wolfy.
They are 100% going with Wolford. The big question is whether they want a QB with actual NFL experience on the roster.

Psycho_X

Legend
I was curious how we could possibly end the season closer to rock bottom after yesterday and this sounds like the perfect way to get there.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bortles is on the Bronco's practice squad. He is an option, although he'd have to go on the active roster and be willing to sign with LA as a backup. He may be checked out at this point and ready to head home.
That's a really good point. Depending on if we make the playoffs and how long Goff is out, this is a good option. Bortles is the only available quarterback in the league that has NFL experience and knows McVay's system. Even as a backup he would be valuable.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They are 100% going with Wolford. The big question is whether they want a QB with actual NFL experience on the roster.
I wonder if they have enough cap space to add a QB with actual experience. Like let's say they wanted to bring in Bortles is that even an option.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't actually go to a strip club, but your point is still valid. For NFL players, attending any kind of party without a mask is stupid.

i'm not interested in him enough to read the stories but the headlines seemed to say he went to a strip club.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Hard pass. His play has not been inspiring and he seems to have his issues off-field, as well. I don't really care about his pedigree. Golf has just as good of a college pedigree, if not better, and was generally higher regarded coming out. For just finishing the season, Wolford already knows the system. Let's see what he can do.

TexasRam

Legend
1609208543288.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if they have enough cap space to add a QB with actual experience. Like let's say they wanted to bring in Bortles is that even an option.
he'll count as 1/16th of the league minimum salary, they surely have room

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
This made me LOL so hard right now. After the Rams loss yesterday and a shitty Monday at work....it was much needed. :horns:

I feel ya on the monday thing. Glad I could make a difference. I work with a bunch of Seattle fans here in northwest Montana and 3 of them were wearing seattle face masks when I came into work today. When they went to lunch I took their masks and added a few plucked sideburns hairs which look amazingly similar to pubic hairs. At the end of the day, on my way out the door, I said in Columbo fashion, "Oh, and one more thing, we're going to dickslap you guys if youre unfortunate enough to play us in the playoffs. After their predictable attempts at trash talk I told them that "You shouldnt overlook the rams....just as You shouldnt overlook what may be in "your masks". I walked out and as I was getting in my car the one who knows me best texted me, "Dude, Im guessing the hairs arent pubs but Kellen and Josh (newbie) think thats fucked up. I replied, Yes, it is.