Haskins cut in DC. Could he be a desperation backup option until Goff can throw?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just to clarify, I don't think Haskins is good. But the Rams are going to need someone to back up Wolford. It's not going to be pretty no matter who they add.

They will just elevate Perkins from the practice squad. Haskins is not the type of QB the Rams need, he too, is not the sharpest tool in the shed and lacks the ability to extend plays.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Iirc, wasn't there more to his release, than just his play on the field?

Ellard80

Legend
he isnt a good option - afraid to throw it down field and still turns it over a lot.

sounds like we already got that taken care of.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He won't be ready to play this year. But we could bring him in for next year if McVay likes him. Dude has some serious maturity issues, though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He must have a real attitude issue. Releasing him prior to the last game of the year, that could put them in the playoffs? In his 2 seasons the Head coach replaced him with 5 different QB's! Nuts!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The whole going to a strip club with no mask thing didn’t help either
That ^^^. Haskins is a head case and has shown me absolutely nothing in the games I have watched him play...and I have watched almost all of his snaps as I am in Foreskin country... Wait... That sounded wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They will just elevate Perkins from the practice squad. Haskins is not the type of QB the Rams need, he too, is not the sharpest tool in the shed and lacks the ability to extend plays.

agree - was just going to ask that question of Perkins being promoted.
— Cool to see.

Haskins can go to all the strip clubs he wants to. This really has to be ONE of The Sillest Questions this season. Yes - it’s raining in SO CAL today,but Haskins is not the one making it happen.

Mcvay is about we,not me except when it comes to the play calling.Sort of wondering what the offense will look like with Wolford?

The frustrating thing about Jared Goff has been his inability to extend plays & make things happen after the 3 Mississippi count,or when he has a running opportunity.

True test 4 Mcvay & The Rams this week.Should be fun & with a little help don’t even need to win to get in.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Haskins is garbage. Signing Bortles would make more sense but the Rams obviously had a good look at his ass last season and haven't tried to bring him in so...

We're pretty much fucked tbh. Even with Goff this team looks like it isn't good enough. There is no magic elixir out there at QB.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haskins is garbage. Signing Bortles would make more sense but the Rams obviously had a good look at his ass last season and haven't tried to bring him in so...

We're pretty much fucked tbh. Even with Goff this team looks like it isn't good enough. There is no magic elixir out there at QB.
Bortles is on the Bronco's practice squad. He is an option, although he'd have to go on the active roster and be willing to sign with LA as a backup. He may be checked out at this point and ready to head home.