Hard to watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL needs to get a handle on these over officiating jerks . I love watching football and my Rams , but this is getting out of hand . They need to put all the refs in a locked room and make them watch all the ridiculous calls they are making . It's almost nauseating to watch a game just hoping the flags won't determine the outcome . I threaten to stop watching even though I never would , but when you can't settle in and enjoy a good game it makes you wonder why I would keep watching. I understand the safety issues, but these are grown men playing a great game that's being ruined by flag happy officials . It's not even their full time job . Take control of it now NFL before you run off all the fans that aren't as die hard as we are . Rant over

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
giphy.gif

Ram65

Legend
The NFL needs to get a handle on these over officiating jerks . I love watching football and my Rams , but this is getting out of hand . They need to put all the refs in a locked room and make them watch all the ridiculous calls they are making . It's almost nauseating to watch a game just hoping the flags won't determine the outcome . I threaten to stop watching even though I never would , but when you can't settle in and enjoy a good game it makes you wonder why I would keep watching. I understand the safety issues, but these are grown men playing a great game that's being ruined by flag happy officials . It's not even their full time job . Take control of it now NFL before you run off all the fans that aren't as die hard as we are . Rant over

Do you have some examples?

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Based on the time he made the post and when it happened one of the plays he may be referring to is when Rashan Gary of the Packers barely hit Dak's helmet with his hand and they called unnecessary roughness

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Right off the top of my head would be the Matthew's roughing the QB last week . Even when the Rams benefit from a bad call , I shake my head .

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Based on the time he made the post and when it happened one of the plays he may be referring to is when Rashan Gary of the Packers barely hit Dak's helmet with his hand and they called unnecessary roughness

That's not refs, that's the rule. And it's been in place for a while.

Its dumb, yes, but it's pretty clear...QB head hit or even touch= flag.

You can only hit a qb in chest area, and not drive him down.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You obviously didn't see the play. It's not the rule, the rule is if you hit the helmet with considerable force.

His head didn't move, the helmet didn't even move.

Angry Ram

You obviously didn't see the play. It's not the rule, the rule is if you hit the helmet with considerable force.

His head didn't move, the helmet didn't even move.

You're right, I was watching Broncos/Chargers.

Either way, Ive seen flags thrown when touching or grazing the QBs head for year. Maybe that's changed, maybe not.

Just win.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right, I was watching Broncos/Chargers.

Either way, Ive seen flags thrown when touching or grazing the QBs head for year. Maybe that's changed, maybe not.

Just win.

Just win is easier said than done if you control your own outcome . When the refs rip a win out under you it's a different story. If you took a poll , 95% of the fans are fed up with the officiating. My wife knows very little about the game , and she's always asking me " why is that a penalty " .

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

The part I dont like is the inconsistency. If the refs would call penalties with some consistency players will adapt, but when they are so wishy washy on what is or isnt a penalty the players just take their chances that it wont be called. Too many flags is no worse then no flags. Watching players get held to spring a run or to avoid a sack is ridiculous, as is watching players get flagged for a penalty when there was none. If the officials were full time employees and their pay was influenced by the accuracy of their officiating the NFL would become easier to officiate as the players will adapt to avoid flags.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not necessarily the refs, it's the league putting rules in to protect the players. Then they don't call those rules consistently.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Unless the QB is Goff, then you can hit him in the head and neck with no flag. Again its the inconsistency more so then the rules.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't mind seeing an "egregious penalty" challenge. Have headquarters make the call when a replay initially shows the foul didn't happen. Especially in the 4th quarter. The games have slowed down quite a bit already, may as well get the right call and pick up the flag if it's a horrible call.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prime example right there . Did anyone see the ball clearly hit the ground ? You may think it did , but did it ?

Angry Ram

Just win is easier said than done if you control your own outcome . When the refs rip a win out under you it's a different story. If you took a poll , 95% of the fans are fed up with the officiating. My wife knows very little about the game , and she's always asking me " why is that a penalty " .

Teams usually do control their own outcomes. What would've just one TD done instead of settling for a FG done for the Rams Thursday (I'm talking about early first half). It amazes me how much focus is on refs, rather than what teams could've done themselves to erase that or prevent it from even happening in the first place.

You should know from my posts last year that I think saying refs cost a team a win is just a excuse. And a lazy one at that.

Execute. Make the ref calls NOT matter. If a team folds after one call, that says more about the team than the official.

It's not necessarily the refs, it's the league putting rules in to protect the players. Then they don't call those rules consistently.

The more I think about it, the more rules being implemented are a direct result of the league listening to the criticism police from the media and fans. They focus so damn much on getting one call right, and instead over complicate it.

Unless the QB is Goff, then you can hit him in the head and neck with no flag. Again its the inconsistency more so then the rules.

I don't see that happening to him often though...

Prime example right there . Did anyone see the ball clearly hit the ground ? You may think it did , but did it ?

IDK. Did it? See, that's what happens when you (the royal you) over complicates it. Didn't look like it to me. Let it stand. Chiefs made that irrelevant ultimately. Carry on.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another prime example. They got it wrong twice .

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teams usually do control their own outcomes. What would've just one TD done instead of settling for a FG done for the Rams Thursday (I'm talking about early first half). It amazes me how much focus is on refs, rather than what teams could've done themselves to erase that or prevent it from even happening in the first place.

You should know from my posts last year that I think saying refs cost a team a win is just a excuse. And a lazy one at that.

Execute. Make the ref calls NOT matter. If a team folds after one call, that says more about the team than the official.

The more I think about it, the more rules being implemented are a direct result of the league listening to the criticism police from the media and fans. They focus so damn much on getting one call right, and instead over complicate it.

I don't see that happening to him often though...

IDK. Did it? See, that's what happens when you (the royal you) over complicates it. Didn't look like it to me. Let it stand. Chiefs made that irrelevant ultimately. Carry on.

You're in the 5% I mentioned.