Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher Letting the players fight like he did. Back in the day there were times teams did that.
I remember Oxnard & the team canceling practice. Poor coaching.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I watched the ED#29 story after.

The thing that got me was John Shaw. What a freaking JOKE !! E.D.29 said he wanted to ring his neck !!!

Dickerson told him he lead the NFL in rushing when talking about his cont. John Shaw was like no you didn’t Walter Payton did. ED29 was like come on John, I was the NFL rushing leader.Then he goes let’s look in the books.

Wow - seriously, what a JOKE !! He really didn’t follow The Rams ???

oldnotdead

Legend
I never saw the original showing. But what really made an impression on me was the complete confrontational style Fisher and his coaches created on that team. Allowing the fights during practices with no apparent hurry to break them up had my head shaking.

Also, something of more relevance was the incredible immaturity of Lamarcus Joiner. I can see why he is no longer a Ram. All I saw was the coaching staff enabling his behavior. Because there were no consequences only showed Joyner he could do or say anything. That was another head shaker.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I turned that on yesterday and got pissed the second I saw Fisher and turned it

Psycho_X

Legend
The instant I saw dumb and dumbass flip the go kart I knew we were going to suck that season. No accountability and a team full of immature kids. And it was immediately proven that embarrassment of an opening game against the whiners. I have never been more pissed after a game than I was that one. I shared Aaron Donald’s frustration because I think he shared a lot of the feelings all of us had that night when he spiked his helmet. A player with the dedication and work ethic like Donald on a team full of dipshits that didn’t care I’m sure drove him crazy. Glad McVay has given the few players from that team that deserved to win that chance.

oldnotdead

Legend
I remember Fisher as DC under Robinson back in Anaheim. He was hard nosed and rumors of his problems with his unit were floating even then. But then Robinson went back to USC and Fisher moved on. I was surprised when he was hired as HC because everywhere he's been there have been reports of problems with his players. Seeing it first had on hard knocks showed me he's never changed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never saw the original showing. But what really made an impression on me was the complete confrontational style Fisher and his coaches created on that team. Allowing the fights during practices with no apparent hurry to break them up had my head shaking.

Also, something of more relevance was the incredible immaturity of Lamarcus Joiner. I can see why he is no longer a Ram. All I saw was the coaching staff enabling his behavior. Because there were no consequences only showed Joyner he could do or say anything. That was another head shaker.

I was never a Joyner fan !! I did like his motor though. He played hard. Was upset The Rams(Fisher) traded up for him.

As far as Joyner goes though The Rams & McVay franchised tagged him. They will also get a Comp pick for his signing with the raiders.
The fighting is something that was done in the past. Really not a fan of that as a coaching method. It divides the team. When your teammates you should fight for each other, not against.
—Tru fought against the Chargers. It was a joke. Since then I thing McVay has chosen against it.

To think Gurley got into a fight & Ogletree started a fight because he was frustrated. Gurley because he felt he had to defend himself & teammates.
I remember Chris Long getting a penalty running into the field against his brother.Cost The Rams the game imo ??

Talib ripping off the chain from Crabtree. Peter having Skittles run on the field to protect him & going into the stands. My point being The Rams have players that can get out of control, like Suh. McVay has done a good job with this
Part of his coaching.Will see how this preseason goes ???
Aaron Donald has a few dumb plays with personal fouls. Last season I don’t recall anything that was disrupted ?? Maybe I’m wrong?? Just a view point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The instant I saw dumb and dumbass flip the go kart I knew we were going to suck that season. No accountability and a team full of immature kids. And it was immediately proven that embarrassment of an opening game against the whiners. I have never been more ticked after a game than I was that one. I shared Aaron Donald’s frustration because I think he shared a lot of the feelings all of us had that night when he spiked his helmet. A player with the dedication and work ethic like Donald on a team full of dipshits that didn’t care I’m sure drove him crazy. Glad McVay has given the few players from that team that deserved to win that chance.

Yeah - just made mention of that. Forgot it was the first game of the season.Upsetting for sure. Had a huge bet on Rams to go at least 7-9 when Foles started.
Fisher sitting Gurley & the missed field goal against Niners.Then Gurley playing in the Pro Bowl pissed mm off

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I remember Fisher as DC under Robinson back in Anaheim. He was hard nosed and rumors of his problems with his unit were floating even then. But then Robinson went back to USC and Fisher moved on. I was surprised when he was hired as HC because everywhere he's been there have been reports of problems with his players. Seeing it first had on hard knocks showed me he's never changed.

He had Buddy Ryan & his OC got hit I believe by him ?? At least a big controversy?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I also wanna point out something. For me, Hard Knocks takes a back seat to “All or Nothing”