Hard Knocks 2022: Detroit Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
First overall picks are not underdogs.

They are once they are in a Jeff Fisher offense. They are once they are declared a bust during their first training camp by the media.

Goff was an underdog at Cal and he was an underdog going into McVays second season.

I'm not sure there's any rule saying a guy can't be an underdog after getting picked first. It's just relative to what he is able to accomplish vs expectations. If he's not expected to ever be elite, as a 1st pick, he's an underdog.

sloramfan

Starter
the lions are absolutely my new next favorite team to root for..

i'm in with badnews... goff is my new favorite ex-ram to root for without a doubt...

we lead the league in O mcvays first year, then on to the SB....

after that the wheels fell off...

we struggled to 9-7...

the next year, we make the playoffs. but a lot of people were blaming goff for not being even a capable QB...

sorry guys, but that's the year i saw a line that was leaking like a sieve....

no qb is succesfull under those circumstances... none

am i glad we got staff?

does that question need to be asked???

my initial reaction to the trade was, yes i know he's an upgrade, but looking at age, and the possibility of improving the o-line, and coaching goff up...i'm thinking, we might be losing this trade in the long run...

anywho....

we won one, and let's go win two more... history needs to be made....

go rams

slo

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
You know, blanket statements like that do not ever work. I have a bunch of standard blanket statements to prove my point, but that would just get us into the shit.
That’s fine, I stand behind it though. He’s a #1 pick who’s started a SB and makes $35 mil per, yet he’s still an underdog?? Not for me.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Goff, Brockers, Holmes, Aubrey Pleasant. . . Ya I followed on to Lions being my second team to root on. Watched all their games last season and have followed them throughout the offseason heading into this year.

Shuie3225

Starter
If he's not expected to ever be elite, as a 1st pick, he's an underdog.
Think about this sentence lol. Of course he was expected to be elite, he was the #1 pick in the draft. He has failed to live up to that expectation. Is he a bust? No he's an average to good QB. But when you're the #1 pick you're expected to be elite obviously.

dang

Legend
Goff, Brockers, Holmes, Aubrey Pleasant. . . Ya I followed on to Lions being my second team to root on. Watched all their games last season and have followed them throughout the offseason heading into this year.
Reynolds and I bet a Rams cut or 2 this year.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Think about this sentence lol. Of course he was expected to be elite, he was the #1 pick in the draft. He has failed to live up to that expectation. Is he a bust? No he's an average to good QB. But when you're the #1 pick you're expected to be elite obviously.

Of course he was expected to be elite with that pick. But he wasn't expected to win at Cal and he was written off as an idiot in the media (rookie hard knocks), as a failure of a pick (couldn't beat out Keenum) to start the season and a bust to end it. (0-7)

You act like I'm unaware of what I wrote or whatever lol my point doesn't change - at Cal, during his rookie season and as a Lion, Goff has been an underdog.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Many people said Goff and wentz weren't worthy of the top 2 picks before the draft. That Winston and mariota were so much better than them. Let's not make out like Goff was thought of as a sure fire franchise qb. The media couldn't wait to put the boot in.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
1. I too will root for Goff and the Kitty Cats. I think a lot of their coaches are buffoons, but the players are likeable.

2. Dear lord I hope this doesn't turn into a carbon copy of every other thread that has Goff's name in it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
1. I too will root for Goff and the Kitty Cats. I think a lot of their coaches are buffoons, but the players are likeable.

2. Dear lord I hope this doesn't turn into a carbon copy of every other thread that has Goff's name in it.

Well quit stirring the fucking pot then. :sunglasses: