Hard Knocks 2022: Detroit Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not sure how many of you guys watch HK but I'm a big fan of the show and will be watching. Last season was outstanding with the Colts, and this year should be a good one as well with Detroit trying to crawl out of the division basement.

Detroit is intriguing with ex-Rams in Brad and Jared being a big part of their rebuild. Also I like Dan Campbell as HC so I think they have a strong GM/HC combo but gotta prove it on the field. Either way it's gonna be a kneecap-eatin' good time!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3joUGHnqwU&ab_channel=ThePatMcAfeeShow

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not sure how many of you guys watch HK but I'm a big fan of the show and will be watching. Last season was outstanding with the Colts, and this year should be a good one as well with Detroit trying to crawl out of the division basement.

I think the Colts were the In-Season-version of Hard Knocks last year. This year, I believe it is the Cardinals.

The Lions are this year's Training Camp / Pre-season version of the show. Cowboys last year.

Following the Cardinals this regular season ... hopefully a bad soap opera ... could be fun.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cards will be perfect in-season. We'll get to hear all about Kyler's study habits or lack thereof. :laugh4:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I would really love to see them stir up that division and win 3 or 4 extra they shouldn't win.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I'm hoping Goff has a great year for the Lions. They have some firepower now and possibly a top 5 O Line.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm hoping Goff has a great year for the Lions. They have some firepower now and possibly a top 5 O Line.
I concur and a big year for Goff because if he does not deliver, the Lions will look to draft a QB in 2023, I'm betting Jared is ready and will deliver a post season run for the Lions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say the hits 44 (Rodriguez) was making in their practice are real. That dude is going to get some notoriety this season. He straight stoned a RB running full speed through that A gap. Stopped him cold. That is hard to do, very impressive.

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
This is my favorite season since the Ravens back 20years ago or so. I just love the coaching staff. I can't help but root for Rodrigo. And its nice seeing Josh Reynolds make some plays.

oldnotdead

Legend
If that OL is as good as it looks, Jared now has what he needs to be successful. He has a solid RB, TE, and once their rookie can play a possession WR and a deep threat. Their DL is obviously improved, but it's the secondary that cost them games last year. A better secondary and they win probably 3 more games. IMO 9 or 10 wins is achievable if they stay healthy.

We saw how good Goff can be with a good RB, TE and a couple of good WRs in 2018. He's now in an offense playing to his strengths and his INTs went way down. For the offense they want to run Goff is a very good QB for them. If their secondary is good they can really challenge both the Vikes and Packers. The Lions don't look like a doormat anymore.

I wish I could get hard knocks, I'd watch it if I could.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
NGL, I am really pulling for this team to come out on top of the NFC North. The offense can be very special. I hope pimp can put it all together. Those TEs too.

Hutchinson and Rodrigo looks like the real deal out there. Haven't seen a lot of the secondary other than Davis, but Im sure I missed something (I didn't know about this NFL pedigree) Hutchinson will probably get attention more on prime time games due to his hot sisters and mom .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn….I turned on the Lions vs Steelers game and saw Jared on the sideline and my heart pulled a little bit. WTF? He’s not a Ram anymore you stupid bastid! I tell myself. I can’t help but pull for the kid and hope he succeeds…..

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For whatever reason that I can't quite put my finger on, Jared Goff is my favorite former Ram to root for, ever.

I like under dogs.
That's what we were when Goff got here, that's what he was at Cal and what he and the Lions are now. An entire team of underdogs.

I've never genuinely cared about two teams, but this year, I have a clear #1 (by a mile) but also a "number 2" in Detroit... which just sounds so right.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
For whatever reason that I can't quite put my finger on, Jared Goff is my favorite former Ram to root for, ever.

I like under dogs.
That's what we were when Goff got here, that's what he was at Cal and what he and the Lions are now. An entire team of underdogs.

I've never genuinely cared about two teams, but this year, I have a clear #1 (by a mile) but also a "number 2" in Detroit... which just sounds so right.
First overall picks are not underdogs.