Happy Jeff Fisher Day!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Can we not just close this thread out the man is no longer a Ram and bad taste or not why do we need to hear/see his name anymore were 2 years into a better culture and a winning vibe why bring his vibe back to the board

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
f he hadn't stayed those last 2 years there is no Mcvay as rams head coach more then Likley
So, we're supposed to credit Fisher for tacking on two more years of mediocrity, which resulted in a pure timing move?
Pretty wild stretch, if you ask me.

Can we not just close this thread out the man is no longer a Ram and bad taste or not why do we need to hear/see his name anymore were 2 years into a better culture and a winning vibe why bring his vibe back to the board
He is part of Rams history... so, as best I can tell, he's fair game for fans to discuss. Of course it's gonna be negative because of what McVay exposed him to be. But it's our right to discuss him within the boundaries of the board.

Should we never discuss any of the bad teams? Simply put any discussions about them in "out of bounds"? And I seriously doubt that talking about Fisher changes the overall winning vibe of this team/board.

I'm probably done with this thread now... but, should any other Fisher threads appear, I know I have the right to voice my thoughts and opinions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It’s not a big deal. I used to carry water for Fisher, and I’m not offended by people ragging him now. He turned a moribund team into a respectable team with a feared defense. Unfortunately, he never did grasp the importance of putting innovative minds in charge of the offense or the pitfalls of signing players who were also underachieving former players of his. Now we see (and he sees) why that’s important.

He probably could have been more successful if he got out of his own way, because as a coach - in the purest sense of the word - he got dudes to play hard and buy in. He just needed less control of the things with which he was the weakest. Like McVay and the defense now. Fisher learned something, we learned something, and the Organization soldiers on. It’s all good.

So I don’t regret his time here. It was both excruciating and entertaining. More of the former than the latter, of course, but at least something good has come of it. He drafted our QB, our offensive player of the year, and our defensive player of the year. Dude can’t bake, but he certainly knows how to gather ingredients.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm pretty squarely where @-X- is on this. I also don't see a reason to close down the thread as I'm not one into superstition. And hell no I haven't worn the same shirt under the same Shane Conlan jersey every Sunday since the season started. You have me mistaken for someone else.

I'm not sure why Fish was so pigheaded on getting in a good or innovative offensive mind but in the end, we're Rams fans. We are battle tested by not only this but the years of the Ziggy/Shaw circus show. And here we are at 7-0. Pretty sweet - don't yuh think?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, ain't that the truth.
And that's the worst part.

I wonder if Fisher contemplates now... what could have been.

If he had just sought out opinions on how to improve that offense. Bring in creative minds (like Vermiel was "forced" to do).

I'm glad a hell we are where we are... but annoyed at the same time, knowing - with an open mind - we might be in our fourth (or more) winning season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that's the worst part.

I wonder if Fisher contemplates now... what could have been.

If he had just sought out opinions on how to improve that offense. Bring in creative minds (like Vermiel was "forced" to do).

I'm glad a hell we are where we are... but annoyed at the same time, knowing - with an open mind - we might be in our fourth (or more) winning season.
I agree.
What I find frustrating too is that not only did Fisher not bring in someone to "own" the offense, like McVay did with the D, from all reports from Camp pointed to Fisher being right in the middle of all the offense.
I believe Fisher thought HE knew how to run a modern day offense, that HE knew better than anyone.
So yeah, frustrating indeed.
But...
End of the day, the end justifies the means...
So we are where we are because we went thru what we went thru.
Just glad we are where we are now!

** And enjoy the heck out of Fisher jokes... Lol

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If the Fisher jokes aren't attacking and personal have at them. Humor is good for the board and no one needs to take it personal for him. I think he has got the message and will be better in his next assignment. Maybe even back in So. Cal at his alma mater.