Happy Goff Anniversary!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
On this day in 2016 we drafted Jared Goff :partyhorn::partyhorn::partyhorn:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MFXKq02l8

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's only been a handful of QBs taken in the top 5 the past 10 years that have ever panned out.

Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Jared Goff. Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and this years guys are all TBD obviously.

The only other that have been worth a damn are Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Josh Allen could be.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Now that Gurley is gone, does Goff step up to be the Alpha on offense?

TexasRam

Legend
One Hell of a QB.

First 3 full seasons, all winning records.
A Super Bowl appearance and two Pro Bowls.
2 years of top offense In NFC.
Never had a Pro Bowl WR like counterparts Mahomes and Brees.
Never injured.
Tough as nails in the pocket.
3rd in the NFL in passing yards with 31st Oline in the NFL.

Looking forward to 15 more seasons. LETS GO!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of Goff, even though I wanted Wentz. I think he takes a huge quantam leap this season, especially if the O-line improves.

Anyway, happy anniversary!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
One Hell of a QB.

First 3 full seasons, all winning records.
A Super Bowl appearance and two Pro Bowls.
2 years of top offense In NFC.
Never had a Pro Bowl WR like counterparts Mahomes and Brees.
Never injured.
Tough as nails in the pocket.
3rd in the NFL in passing yards with 31st Oline in the NFL.

Looking forward to 15 more seasons. LETS GO!!!!
Add one Perfect game. Vikings 2018 passer rating 158.3

I honestly don't get the hate by the talking heads towards him. Guess cause he proved their sorry asses wrong.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Add one Perfect game. Vikings 2018 passer rating 158.3

I honestly don't get the hate by the talking heads towards him. Guess cause he proved their sorry asses wrong.
I get so tired of the same bullshit narrative about Goff by these larpy motherfuckers who glaum onto everything the media spews out of their mouths. Any argument always has to do with him being overpaid, not being able to handle pressure, McVay is in his ear and 3 points in the super bowl. That’s fucking it. You can’t defend it because they’ll just cycle through each one until you’re face is red with rage because they’re so fucking stupid.

TexasRam

Legend
I get so tired of the same bullshit narrative about Goff by these larpy motherfuckers who glaum onto everything the media spews out of their mouths. Any argument always has to do with him being overpaid, not being able to handle pressure, McVay is in his ear and 3 points in the super bowl. That’s fucking it. You can’t defend it because they’ll just cycle through each one until you’re face is red with rage because they’re so fucking stupid.

Honestly, I very rarely listen to the talking heads. A large majority of them know they will become irrelevant if they don't stir up drama. It's like tabloids. No one is going to pickup the magazine unless there is juicy gossip or someone's career in jeopardy.

The vast majority of content on sports TV or Radio is superficial headline garbage. I feel like I get dumber every time I turn it on.

There is so much more well informed, deeper, long form analytical breakdowns on youtube and message boards like this one.

I've watched every single game of Goff's career and every throw multiple times breaking down the Oline protection and the throws. I don't need some former player who watches some highlights and can barely spell Football tell me what Goff is doing.

I've watched every Ram QB and every throw over the course of the last 40 years, so I am uniquely qualified, along with many of you here, to have an accurate well formed opinion on Goff. He is one Hell of a QB. He has not entered Elite status yet, but he is on that trajectory and might possibly get there. I personally think he needs a better offensive line before he gets there so we may be waiting a few years.

Back to back years of #38 and #32 best player in the NFL shows what the Players think of him. Even if he stays in that range on most years of his career, it was a well spent overall #1 pick in my book.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wentz does have a ring, not because of him, but he does have one. ha ha

I know you're blue fonting, but I just can't help but bring this stat up.

He has a whopping 1 completion (4 attempts) for 3 yards in the post season.

I laugh whenever I hear people seriously say that Wentz is better than Goff or a team would rather him than Goff... Wentz has been in the NFL 4 years and his team has gone to the post season 3 times, including winning the Super Bowl.. He has 4 attempts in the playoffs.. One completion for a paltry 3 yards. He cannot stay on the field, and that is why the Eagles have drafted his replacement. Wentz is on the Sammy B path, Goff is on the Brees/Brady/Manning path. Long career of tearing it up.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it definitely was a organisation changing day. the rams did what they had to do and are reaping the benefits.

they were so lucky that teams didn't rate goff and wentz as highly as qbs like winston, mariota and luck. otherwise there was no way they could have moved up all the way from the 15 spot to the top of the draft. i said as much at the time. the rams were lucky, right year to move up to get their qb.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's lethal when you give him reliable pass protection or a run game. Hope McVay made the right call with not drafting a linemen in early rounds