Happy Birthday Gabe #80

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Happy 80th birthday ROMAN GABRIEL!
20200805_211351.jpg

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Roman Gabriel may never have won a Super Bowl (Actually, Never even made it to one!) but he is still my Alltime Rams Favorite QB (Jared Goff COULD Change That!)! He was the Rams starting QB when I started following the Rams a FEW YEARS AGO and he was one Big/Tough QB!!!

dang

Legend
Roman Gabriel and the horns on the helmet hooked me into the Rams in 1971.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Roman Gabriel and the horns on the helmet hooked me into the Rams in 1971.

Same here ... except it was 1969 for me.

That's why I have always had an issue with any change to the helmet. Even the slight changes made in the past.

OK with logo changes, uniform changes and different colors. Just not the horns. Those horns are what hooked many of us as kids.

When the Rams moved to St. Louis, I called the PR Department and spoke to the Head PR guy (think his last name was Wallace). Never expected to get someone senior; and I apologized for troubling him. Said I had just one quick question; and, before I could ask it, he said 'You want to know if we are going to change the horns'.

I said "Yes" and he told me they were getting asked that question every day; and that while he could not say there would not be uniform and color changes in the future, the Organization would never change the horns.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The card is his 1962 rookie card. The insert photo is Y.A. Tittle. Anyone know why? I also have the 1962 Topps Zeke Bratkowski card that has an insert photo of Johnny Unitas. I've always wondered if the company did this for a reason or if it was too late in the printing process to change it.