Hall of Fame quarterback, broadcaster Len Dawson dies at 87

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
1661359247418.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This really is a downer as early memories of Len Dawson with Henry Lewis Stram & the Kanas City Chiefs. Dawson always said when he came to the sidelines and Stram was yelling "Leonard, Leonard." He knew he was in trouble, but when he bellowed "Lenny" he knew all was well.

A great Quarterback, ambassador for the game plus an upper echelon analyst on HBO Inside the NFL. A class act, RIP Leonard Ray Dawson you were unique and simply one of the very best!

1661360715336.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rest In Peace legend

That picture of him on the sidelines having a smoke during the game just shows us how times they have changed.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Sorry to hear that Lenny Dawson passed. He was a class act and an Ambassador for the game.
Who can ever forget his performance in Super Bowl IV when he led the Chiefs to victory against the (hated) Vikings. ( Full disclosure: I was a huge NFL fan and did Not like that upstart AFL league at all; so, yeah, I was cheering for the Viqueens to win.)
Actually as time went by I mellowed somewhat in my attitude to the AFL and actually remember watching some epic Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders games.
Gotta admit, they played high intensity quality football as there was definitely no love lost between them.

Still think to this day that the Lenny Dawson to Otis Taylor combo does not get the attention it deserves as one of the best ever.

Prayers for his family during this time of sadness.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Sad to hear this. To young to have seen him play, but have watched numerous Chiefs highlights and docs. Always been impressed by his one-of-a-kind voice; that thoughtful, calm, confidence in interviews. RIP #16.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't he used to have an NFL highlights show on HBO with Nick Buniconti (spell?)? Anyway, a great player from the 60s and 70s and an ambassador for the sport. RIP Len Dawson.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
This really is a downer as early memories of Len Dawson with Henry Lewis Stram & the Kanas City Chiefs. Dawson always said when he came to the sidelines and Stram was yelling "Leonard, Leonard." He knew he was in trouble, but when he bellowed "Lenny" he knew all was well.

A great Quarterback, ambassador for the game plus an upper echelon analyst on HBO Inside the NFL. A class act, RIP Leonard Ray Dawson you were unique and simply one of the very best!

View attachment 56033
Inside the NFL was a really cool show. I remember how much fun it was when we went 7-0 to start the season in 1985.