HALFWAY NICK/SAM Comparison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Bradford took some pretty nasty hits in his career honestly toughness was never in question with leadership maybe but he is still more mobile than Foles and that's saying something

Exactly. Bradford got crushed a lot early in his career. Luck has been crushed too. Luck just has the stocky build to have lasted this long before injury. Not sure how SAMs toughness could ever be qustioned.

And I miss Sam on those bootlegs in the Rz. He was pretty deadly with them.

Has Foles ever run a bootleg? I don't think he has the legs for it.

Anyway. Bradford is shaking off all that rust lately while Foles regressed after Seattle and has been rather stagnant.

If he can't right the ship against a bad Bears team I fear getting stomped by Cincy. He either shows against the Bears or you need a possible QB change.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Bradford got crushed a lot early in his career. Luck has been crushed too. Luck just has the stocky build to have lasted this long before injury. Not sure how SAMs toughness could ever be qustioned.

Anyway. Bradford is shaking off all that rust lately while Foles regressed after Seattle and has been rather stagnant.

If he can't right the ship against a bad Bears team I fear getting stomped by Cincy. He either shows against the Bears or you need a possible QB change.
Our red zone offense was the best in the league with Sam and I promise if Britt was running that open on that play Bradford would have hit him in stride

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think they'll both get better. Both are in new systems with new players you have to get used to. Plus Sam is coming off of 2 surgeries and being off for almost 2 full seasons... I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them have good second halves.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradford took some pretty nasty hits in his career honestly toughness was never in question with leadership maybe but he is still more mobile than Foles and that's saying something

When Bradford gets hit he goes into a shell. He starts to drop to phantom sacks. As a leader he misses the mark too. Eye rolls and looking to the sky is not a good way to lead. He is only slightly more mobile than Foles.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Bradford gets hit he goes into a shell. He starts to drop to phantom sacks. As a leader he misses the mark too. Eye rolls and looking to the sky is not a good way to lead. He is only slightly more mobile than Foles.
I can say the same about Foles too and his happy feet or the fact that he still got throw a post or comeback route..Remember when Bradford scored our first running touchdown against the 9ers he almost got snapped in 2

KDS73

Rookie
I know it's way too early to say that either team made out like bandits, that's for sure. If Foles continues to disappoint while Bradford goes on to be franchise qb for them, do we still get to make that claim? Even with the 2nd round pick given up, I'd rather be the team that could say they got a franchise qb out of the deal.

…..

Legend
I don't see the reason for the comparison.

Right now they both suck. Right now they're both clamoring for answers as to why they suck. Right now both fan bases are hoping they stop sucking asap

Sam still looks like a deer in headlights and Foles has progression and protection issues.

Everyone loses, except for the team that has the 2016 2nd round pick.

…..

Legend
footnote: I'm glad to be rid of Sam Bradford and that ridiculous contract. Reports that he turned down a contract extension worth additional tens of millions of dollars have me relieved he is gone. He'll go down in Football lore as one of the biggest thieves in the history of the game. His salary vs his production is nothing more than robbery and I'm glad he's gone.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know it's way too early to say that either team made out like bandits, that's for sure. If Foles continues to disappoint while Bradford goes on to be franchise qb for them, do we still get to make that claim? Even with the 2nd round pick given up, I'd rather be the team that could say they got a franchise qb out of the deal.

If Bradford becomes a franchise QB for them or anyone else it is besides the point. I don't think anyone here believes that the Rams were going to sign him to a big long term contract. It is likely another team would have offered him more. You can only take so much and Fisher allowed Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola both to walk. I don't think they had it in the plan to sign Sam. If they did they probably would never have traded him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see the reason for the comparison.

Right now they both suck. Right now they're both clamoring for answers as to why they suck. Right now both fan bases are hoping they stop sucking asap

Sam still looks like a deer in headlights and Foles has progression and protection issues.

Everyone loses, except for the team that has the 2016 2nd round pick.

Yeah I have to agree. Neither is looking good right now. That extra pick tips the edge to the Rams right now. Maybe by seasons end we will wish we had Bradford instead of the second rounder but I doubt. Sam never looked like a Franchise Qb in his time with the Rams.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One qb basically hasn't played the game in 2yrs and coming off an injury while the other qb has been playing. Say what you want about Sam but he is playing better than Foles after missing all of last year and learning new players and a new system just like Foles

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Regardless, I'm just glad it's looking like we will get a pretty decent 2nd rounder and keeping our 4th. I liked Sam but have long since moved on. I just haven't seen anything out of Sam that tells me he is taking that next step. Foles is certainly not lighting it up but I'm just not sure Sam would be either after watching him play this season. Doesn't really matter now. I actually would be fine with Sam tanking the rest of the season so we can get the best pick possible.
This will be my last post about Sam, or Foles. I disagree, I believe that Sam would be lighting it up here. No doubt in my mind. Last game wasn't a knee jerk reaction from me. I mentioned it the very first game that Foles played. But, the past is past, looks like Foles will be our starter, with no thought to replacement this year, which I disagree with. I think we are giving up the playoffs. I've watched Sam this year, and the dude is hanging in there, and trying to make plays, taken some big hits. I truly understand the trade, because of all the extenuating circumstances, but best QB wins.

My biased opinion is that they won, if Sam stays healthy, because I don't think Foles is healthy. He took a beating last year. The Eagles played better when the Sanchise took over, again, IMO. I watch a lot of football, always have. I don't think we'd be having this conversation, if he was the QB we got in the trade. I know how controversial that is. I don't like to be controversial. I don't like to appear that I don't support the team. I will always support the team. I will go the the grave with the Rams being my one and only NFL, love.

I won't talk about the QB, or situation any longer, it is futile this season. All I can do is hope for Foles, to SEE, the buzzword, the plays that are right in front of him, that are designed for him. I will hope that he doesn't hold us back, or hurt our development, or lessen the chances of signing our own free agents. I will wish for the best, and I'll be watching, because nuts to bolts, we have some serious talent. We are beginning to have some serious depth, and if our OL can develop, and improve, we really have something for the future.

Go Rams!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Bears rank #5 in passing defense so it might be a tough game for him through the air.