Hager to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Word is that Hager is going to IR. This will create a roster move. But the Rams don't have to necessarily bring up an ILB, since they only have one (Dakota Allen). They are already 2 deep with Young and Reeder. What this does is clear the way for Young and the eventual release of Hager.

Since there is no time table for Cooks' return they might bring up Webster on Tuesday. Or they might bring up CB Deayon or OL Brewer. But with both Shelton and Corbett on the roster that seems unlikely unless they are going to make a move on the o-line and finally put Blythe back where he belongs, on the bench. He blows one or two blocks a game and they are impactful missed blocks. Edwards has struggled at times but nothing like Blythe.

They need to bench Havenstein and Blythe and play Corbett and Brewer at OG's and Edwards to RT. They aren't going to make the playoffs with these two (Blythe and Havenstein) on the right side.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I have to disagree with your Oline suggestion. I think it's too much of a change mid-season, no matter how Hav's and Blythe's performance has been so far this season. Oline continuity is HUGE.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They need to bench Havenstein and Blythe and play Corbett and Brewer at OG's and Edwards to RT. They aren't going to make the playoffs with these two (Blythe and Havenstein) on the right side.

Not sure on benching Havenstein although this has not been a good year for him as to Brewer, he's unproven and never played a down in the NFL. I did expect to maybe see Corbett over Allen or Blythe move to Center and Corbett to RG, but that does seem to be the case.

As to who they activate, as you so astutely communicate @oldnotdead it could be Allen, Webster or Deayon.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Blythe has been bad since late last season. I don’t buy the ankle as the only reason. I’d prefer more punch at RG. Either Corbett or Evans could be an upgrade. McVay said a few weeks ago that Kromer was working with Evans behind the scenes. I won’t be surprised to see a change on the OL very soon. McVay has been handicapped having to scheme around a poor OL. Maybe Blythe gets one more shot, but if he continues to stink it up, he should be replaced next week,

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Los Angeles Rams ILB Bryce Hager to be placed on Injured Reserve

The shoulder injury Hager suffered will end his season prematurely.
By Sosa Kremenjas
1573222476655.png

Los Angeles Rams’ ILB Bryce Hager suffered a shoulder injury in Week 4 and has had a tough time in recovery with a problematic nerve. The lack of progress has pushed the Rams to most likely place Hager on Injured Reserve:
Sean McVay said LB Bryce Hager’s recovery from a shoulder injury has been up and down because of a nerve, and that he’s trending toward being placed on injured reserve.
— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) November 7, 2019
Hager’s season is now in doubt, though he could potentially return in eight weeks just prior to the postseason with the designation to return from I.R.

UDFA rookie ILB Troy Reeder has claimed the starting spot next to Cory Littleton, and he has not performed well in a small sample size. Reeder’s surface-level stats look okay as he’s collected 31 tackles and one forced fumble, but he’s allowed a perfect 158.3 rating in his coverage, proving to be a major liability as a pass defender. Luckily for the Rams, they routinely sub Reeder out on passing downs in favor of rookie S Taylor Rapp, who is much better in that regard.

To this point, Reeder has registered 148 snaps on defense, with Rapp registering 321 defensive snaps. Look for the duo to continue to rotate.

The Rams also signed Dakota Allen to their practice squad this week after he was waived by the Oakland Raiders.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly, he's not on the IR as the title suggests. But put him there and move Allen from the PS please.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Possibly, he's not on the IR as the title suggests. But put him there and move Allen from the PS please.
Only reason I know of to bring Dakota Allen up would be to be utilized by Bones on Special Teams.

Hager has not been involved with this defense since 10/13/19. Wade has used two rookie defenders in Hagers MLB position. Troy Reader & Taylor Rapp. I would expect that to continue.

Wade also has veteran former all pro Clay Matthews returning from injury looking to find some work. Matthews could dig up some work inside if he found himself on the sideline watching ER's Okoronkwo & Ebukam. I do not believe Wade will diminish #45's work load in fact I would look to see an increase.

Then there's ex UGA MLB'er Natrez Patrick looking for work too. Okoronkwo has cut in sharply into Patrick's snaps the last few weeks. Then there's newby traded for Kenny Young former starting ILB'er for the Bengals. He was active last week for the first time for the Rams.

Finally, Cory Littleton has been sliding over into the MLB'er post when Taylor Rapp comes on the field & Reader departs. CL's back up Travin Howard has been active for all season long. Howard plays the position Dakota Allen would play if he was on the field. I don't see a need at this point for Allen to be activated.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would use the opportunity to raid another teams practice squad

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Only reason I know of to bring Dakota Allen up would be to be utilized by Bones on Special Teams.

Hager has not been involved with this defense since 10/13/19. Wade has used two rookie defenders in Hagers MLB position. Troy Reader & Taylor Rapp. I would expect that to continue.

Wade also has veteran former all pro Clay Matthews returning from injury looking to find some work. Matthews could dig up some work inside if he found himself on the sideline watching ER's Okoronkwo & Ebukam. I do not believe Wade will diminish #45's work load in fact I would look to see an increase.

Then there's ex UGA MLB'er Natrez Patrick looking for work too. Okoronkwo has cut in sharply into Patrick's snaps the last few weeks. Then there's newby traded for Kenny Young former starting ILB'er for the Bengals. He was active last week for the first time for the Rams.

Finally, Cory Littleton has been sliding over into the MLB'er post when Taylor Rapp comes on the field & Reader departs. CL's back up Travin Howard has been active for all season long. Howard plays the position Dakota Allen would play if he was on the field. I don't see a need at this point for Allen to be activated.

This could not have been said better. Nice to have a lot of young depth.

RamWoodie

Legend
Hager is a good tackler and good against the run. He EARNED the right to start from special teams. Too bad for him. A typical good player!