Had my knee replaced yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It worked out that I made it to the Playoff game against Arizona because they postponed my surgery til Feb. And I got to enjoy the playoff run, now I have a little over a week to get ready for a Rams Super Bowl party.

The surgery must have went well. I was out before they took me to operating room, didnt come to until after they had installed the nerve block in my thigh. First night was a little rough with getting up to pee about 8 times. But I'm getting around pretty good today. No reason to rush it though, I'm off work til early May. Cant imagine how nice its going to be to not have severe knee pain with everything I do.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know a few people that had knees and hips replace. They all say they are so happy they did it. Good luck on recovery.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you. I talked with a few family friends and they all wished they had done it sooner. Almost couldn't be worse off than I was.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck. I am 7 months out from a torn MCL, still not 100%. Hope your recovery goes as planned and you’re back to where you want to be.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good luck in your recovery @RamBall!

How is the other knee? Usually a person favors one, can lead to wear and tear on the other.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
They say the other knee is good. I injured my knee and didn't get proper treatment which caused it to wear out very early. If I had the meniscus repaired yrs ago I may not be getting a knee replacement at 53.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for you! We take our knees for granted. Here’s to a quick recovery so you can jump and celebrate our SB win soon!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Its not as bad as I expected. Days 2 and 3 were rough especially over night. Right now its mainly muscle pain as I try to reteach my leg how to walk and strengthen muscles that haven't been used in quite a while.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Here's a couple pics of scar, not as bad as I thought it would be. 1st one was at 2 weeks after they removed rubber bandaid thingy. 2nd one is at 5 weeks.
20220218_122340.jpg
20220310_115844.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That appears to be healing well. Do they rate your flexibility?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
That appears to be healing well. Do they rate your flexibility?
I dont have full range of motion yet, could take up to a year to regain full range of motion and strength. Right now it straightens out to about 10 degrees and flexion was 120 degrees. Both of those numbers were with the Dr using some pressure to get the knee to straighten and bend. I can ride a bike now and have returned to the gym, still have about 7 weeks before I return to work. It is already close to where it was before surgery and the pain is much less than it was prior to surgery.