Guys, Aaron Donald is still a rookie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I was just thinking randomly how insane that really is. I sometimes forget that it's his first season. How good can this guy be? It's scary to think of his potential.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was just thinking randomly how insane that really is. I sometimes forget that it's his first season. How good can this guy be? It's scary to think of his potential.
And you can count the games he's Started, on both hands and have fingers left over!! Talk about a ceiling!!:D

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Donald is a 23 year old rookie.

Just as amazingly, Robert Quinn is only 24 and signed through 2019.

But look how young the Rams D is!

3rd year guys:
Janoris Jenkins, 26 (when did that happen??)
Trumaine Johnson, 24
Michael Brockers, 23
Mark Barron, 25
Rodney McLeod, 24

2nd year guys:
TJ McDonald, 23
Ogletree, 23

Rookies:
EJ Gaines is only 22
Larmarcus Joyner, 23
Mo Alexander, 23

Even our "old" guys, Long (29), Hayes (29), Dunbar (29), Langford (28), Sims (28), Laurinaitis (27) are not that old.

If we've really seen the light switch flip on for the Rams D these last 3 games (which is to say that it is NOT just an illusion), geez, this D is going to be REALLY good for a VERY long time. This is what we were talking about all pre-season (and were so despondent that we still had not seen through week 7).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Junkman... THAT was the drum I was trying to beat... William's D is complicated... once the light goes on, we had a chance to be special because we'd all SEEN the special moments.

Now, after a game like that? Yeah, I think we can see that with veteran leadership at the QB position and this D just STARTING to really blossom... man oh MAN!!!

It's an exciting time to be a Rams fan!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's really crazy..do you remember how many guys we tried drafting to find that penetrating, 3 Tech DT? I still remember Adam Carricker and his "handwork", and how great he would be...lol. I remember how we told ourselves, "it takes time for a DT to come into his own.."

Aaron Donald just shows that we were fooling ourselves in years past...He was good getting off the bus, in his very first game

Philly5

Rookie
He is already plenty good enough for a long time, but I wonder how much better AD99 gets? His technique is already fantastic, and he is not the biggest guy to get that much stronger. Fun to watch him crashing the middle.

TexasRam

Legend
I think Donald is fully developed.

Not sure he gets alot better.

That's nothing to sniff about. He already dominates.

Lets not forget he's played without long all season and had limited reps the first few games.

Otherwise he probably finishes the season with about 12 sacks and huge amounts of pressures and tackles for loss. Not to mention how solid he has been vs the run for us.