1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Guru Greg Cosell on Blackmon vs Floyd

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by libertadrocks, Apr 17, 2012.

1. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

I have a lot of respect for Cosell. He puts in stupid hours watching film and is hesitant to express an opinion until he has done the work. This is a very good, concise comparison between the two.

2. DR RAM Rams Lifer

If Floyd is more explosive than Blackmon, then I guess I need glasses.

3. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

I dont see it in and out of breaks. I think Blackmon is more explosive there, at least on short routes, IDK about long and intermediate routes. I do see what Cosell is talking about when he referenced Floyd's burst when the ball is in the air.

4. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

This reminds me of the 2003 draft. Charles Rogers/Andre Johnson. This guy can do this, that guy can do that, this one has this strength, that one has that strength, etc. Ultimately Charles Rogers goes 2nd overall and Andre goes third. The rest, as they say, is ridiculous history. Same with David Boston and Torry Holt. I actually thought Boston was the bigger, more powerful receiver. Derp.

I'd rather the Rams be in the position to have a board with Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Bowe/Ted Ginn Jr on it (2007 draft). THAT one is a no-brainer.

5. DR RAM Rams Lifer

That's because he's always running half speed, LOL.

6. Warner4Prez Mɥɐʇ┴ɥǝHǝll¿

Where's the part that tells us who'll win more games for this team?

7. Username Has a Well-Known Member

The last receiver I was crazy over was Green. I have to admit I haven't seen as much out of these two. That said I think Blackmons YAC can seperate him from other receivers in this class. Floyd has pretty decent YAC ability as well.

Reminds me of a young Boldin/Marshall mix kinda.

My main question is, how long can he stay healthy? In his latter years, will his game be rounded enough to where his value isn't reliant on YAC?

I'm going to count on the scouting department, FO, and coaches on this one. There will be a player there worth taking @ 6. We just have to be good enough to pick him.

8. Vita New Member

I've seen every game that Floyd has played and would be happy to have him, but no way is he quicker or more explosive than Blackmon. I wear contacts , so who knows?