Gurley hurting ???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Gurley hasn't been 100% all year but it seems this is especially the case after the Lions game. He will probably do what he always does and tough it out but I wouldn't be surprised if they lighten his workload a little this week. I can't wait till he has a full offseason to get back to his old self.

MountainRam

Rookie
Rams rest him on Wednesdays

Helps him not hit the rookie wall and ala Lynch you need the legs stronger on Sundays. Nothing to worry

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams rest him on Wednesdays

Helps him not hit the rookie wall and ala Lynch you need the legs stronger on Sundays. Nothing to worry

Agree.

When I saw foot injury, I thought no big deal.

My biggest concern for Gurley is getting that full recovery behind him. Starting in 5 days.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I've seen him limping in some of these last few games. He said it's just that he 'banged' the knee a bit. I don't think it's anything structural and I'm glad they are resting him. He'll be good to go on Sunday and then get a full off-season rest (except for the Pro Bowl). I personally wish he wouldn't play in it (The Pro Bowl)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Gurley hasn't been 100% all year but it seems this is especially the case after the Lions game. He will probably do what he always does and tough it out but I wouldn't be surprised if they lighten his workload a little this week. I can't wait till he has a full offseason to get back to his old self.
Back to his old self? You mean he hasn't even played to his full potential? o_O

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've seen him limping in some of these last few games. He said it's just that he 'banged' the knee a bit. I don't think it's anything structural and I'm glad they are resting him. He'll be good to go on Sunday and then get a full off-season rest (except for the Pro Bowl). I personally wish he wouldn't play in it (The Pro Bowl)
I too have noticed, the last few games, the Rams have been using Gurrrley a little less and a RB rotation a little more. IDK if they are concerned about him, or just being careful!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He's just going to need a little rest before going off against the noners. 200+ and 4 TDs

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
why push a young guy in an otherwise meaningless game? what's the purpose?

Well, these guys are born to compete. They play with pain, every game. There is a brotherhood to suit up if you can.

But I've thought about sitting Gurley once we got eliminated. So, I understand your take.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
why push a young guy in an otherwise meaningless game? what's the purpose?
Is there really such a thing as a meaningless game? Especially against the noners?

Its the last game of the year a chance to go 8-8 with a 4 game winning streak to close out the year. He is a leader already on this team and if he can go he should without hesitation and pound the noners into submission.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Back to his old self? You mean he hasn't even played to his full potential? o_O

Honestly, no he hasn't. His top speed isn't 100% yet and he's not quite cutting like he used to. Once he gets back to his old self you'll see him caught less on those long runs. He'll also start using more of that power of his.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is there really such a thing as a meaningless game?
If there isn't, this is as close to one as we'll ever see...Neither team is playing for ANYTHING....I want to win...but to play Gurley, injured, a season AFTER an ACL tear, just doesn't make much sense...Play Bennie and Tre ...and if they can't handle that, we need some new backups...

Rainram

Starter
If there isn't, this is as close to one as we'll ever see...Neither team is playing for ANYTHING....I want to win...but to play Gurley, injured, a season AFTER an ACL tear, just doesn't make much sense...Play Bennie and Tre ...and if they can't handle that, we need some new backups...
I don't know if they're just resting Gurley per usual, or if he's got a bit more going on. But I side with Champ here.

All I know is that Cardinals lost Tyrann Mathieu a couple back, and when someone gets a serious injury this late in the season, you lose them for part of next season. Mathieu will be rehabbing all off-season, then miss probably a month or so of the regular season, and who knows what kind of condition he'll be in after his second injury. I'm just sayin.......

My approach...

The Niners actually have a decent defense. Let's see what Tre and Benny can do. Get them a few more reps. And let's try and work Keenum and put a bit more on his plate. For that matter, give Tavon a rest...show me more Marquez and Welker. Lots of Britt. And is Quick still on the team? Not that a matchup against the Niners in week 17 should be overly telling, but we should be able to use it as a bit of an audition for some contract guys/young guys.

On D...I wouldn't hate seeing LTP, Worthington, Hager, Lynch and Longacre get more playing time.

And for anyone wanting to jump on me. I think we should still be able to beat the Niners regardless.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Honestly, no he hasn't. His top speed isn't 100% yet and he's not quite cutting like he used to. Once he gets back to his old self you'll see him caught less on those long runs. He'll also start using more of that power of his.
That's incredible. So that run against the Lions would normally be a touchdown?

Athos

Legend
I'd rest him for the last meaningless game. Overly pre-cautious? Maybe.

But if we can't beat the Whiners with Mason who is finally finding his legs again, meh.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played way more than anyone expected coming off that knee injury.
I'd be ok with him getting a really light load, if not out completely. He got the 1000 yards.
Let Mason run for a buck fitty and then watch his trade value soar