Gurley ditching knee brace

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I'm excited about the possibility of breakaway runs. But I'm worried what could happen without it.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
From what I've read, the brace apparently doesn't help prevent ACLs from happening again, although it helps with some of the other ligaments? I don't know how or why, but that's the reason Sam Bradford doesn't wear a brace in Philly I guess, and he tore his ACL again with one on.

So hopefully there's nothing to fear and this should only make him a lot faster and more explosive.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The Gurley Man is gonna have a huge game against the Brownies, can't wait!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
...and the weeping in Cleveland was great. Woman bid their children to shield their eyes and grown men fell to a knee with covered faces howling in shame.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
...and the weeping in Cleveland was great. Woman bid their children to shield their eyes and grown men fell to a knee with covered faces howling in shame.
I feel for them!!!!!

#1.png
#3.jpg
{ Not Really!}

Name
Thomas Turner
Great news. He's been running wild these past 2 games. Save him in the first half...then turn him loose in the 2nd half.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just peed my pants a little bit from how scary exciting this is

jap

Legend
TGII: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God in heaven I am free at last!!!"

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Not sure what brace he was wearing. I doubt it was the DonJoy. It probably wont change his cutting ability and speed a ton. It will take his mind off wanting to adjust it all the time though, no matter how well they are fitted they tend to shift when you run hard.
I am a Former ACL and meniscus repair recipient although nowhere near a top NFL athlete.
I think it will be good for his head as long as he is confident in his knee.

Name
Thomas Turner
lmao. that 48 yard run was the best he had...2 broken tackles and the speed to cross field like that........

Athos

Legend
From what I've read, the brace apparently doesn't help prevent ACLs from happening again, although it helps with some of the other ligaments? I don't know how or why, but that's the reason Sam Bradford doesn't wear a brace in Philly I guess, and he tore his ACL again with one on.

So hopefully there's nothing to fear and this should only make him a lot faster and more explosive.

It really doesn't. I explained this before. It stabilizes the patella and the lateral and medial tendons. Brace won't do shit for the ACL and PCL which are within the actual knee joint.

Woot woot! Something I still remember from Anatomy this spring.

He looks more explosive without it. And, scary for other teams, he's still missing another gear.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
yeah, he still looks a little...lumbering if that's possible...

he's only going to get MORE explosive... which is just insane...

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Right. No brace today.
Interesting. I didn't really notice any difference to be honest. That long run I thought he would break but in fairness everyone in the NFL is a little faster and can take angles to catch almost any back.